~NEW PICS ADDED--4-16-09~ Samurai She-Predator Machiko Noguchi

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~NEW PICS ADDED--4-16-09~ Samurai She-Predator Machiko Noguchi

~NEW PICS ADDED--4-16-09~ Samurai She-Predator Machiko Noguchi

You probably remember this thread of my Hive Hunter Machiko custom:
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ad.php?t=87955
    This is how she looked originally, though I still wanted to do a few little things.

I have done some work on her since then, and before you go singin "Go Go Power Rangers", allow me.

The original plan was to give her helmet blood red markings, but when I mixed red and silver for a metallic look it came out like metallic pink in the first layer. Not totally unhappy with the overall effect of the metallic pink next to shades of silver gray, I went ahead with that idea and I like the way it looks. It isn't typical, or an obvious choice, but it still makes sense. Why wouldn't Machiko decorate herself this way. It's war paint and sharp, but still sexy and hot. It sort of also reminds me of TransFormers Arcee.

I got the Invisible Killer (Predator) Font off of the Internet and cleaned it up a bit and it looks just like the font Hot Toys used on the AVP bases. So now this Machiko has a proper name base like the other AVP Preds.

I also replaced the red Sword with a black one, and took the top portion of my Amazon Machiko's right shoulder armor and put it on this one's left shoulder for symmetry.

I also added another hose to her left arm kinda P1 style, and put some smaller wires on her plasma cannon.

What do you think?

Last edited by SilentSurfer; 04-16-2009 at 22:27.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Samurai She-Predator Machiko Noguchi: the completed vision by SilentSurfer

Sweet!
    Trade Reference
    Trade List
    PS3 ONLINE ID: SHMETS (COD4) J3D1_KN1GHT (COD5 WAW)

awesome. colours work surprisingly well together...although to me it looks like there should be a bit of pink on ther leg armour as well.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Very cool figure, dude!

Cute wouldnt be the right word,Huh
    OK...she looks her business...and that paintjob you did on her is incredible....
    Two thumbs up...
    For what its worth!?

My Trade Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by KORNdog View Post
    awesome. colours work surprisingly well together...although to me it looks like there should be a bit of pink on ther leg armour as well.
    I did seriously consider bringing it down the legs, but couldn't decided how much and where, so I opted for less is more.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSurfer View Post
    I did seriously consider bringing it down the legs, but couldn't decided how much and where, so I opted for less is more.
    yeah i know what you mean, too much pink could kill it. maybe just the "claws" of the feet. or the whole wrap around, undecorative area above the ankle? sort of like this...

that looks awesome.... the pink works amazingly well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KORNdog View Post
    yeah i know what you mean, too much pink could kill it. maybe just the "claws" of the feet. or the whole wrap around, undecorative area above the ankle? sort of like this...

Nice photoshop work. It actually looks like it's really painted like the rest of it. Looks a bit too much like leg warmers to me though. I think I'll stick with the pink up top only. Thanks for the test shot though. I hadn't thought of that as a way of trying something risky before. Good idea.

Nice touches.

wow! very nicely done you almost make me want to get one of these, but I know I can't pull this off!!!

Re: {NEW POST-2-09} The Completed Vision: Samurai She-Predator Machiko Noguchi

Looks great, I like the subtleness of the color, not too overpowering, like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ~NEW PICS ADDED--4-16-09~ Samurai She-Predator Machiko Noguchi-hellovaderthumb[1]-jpg  
    We are the music makers and the dreamers of dreams.

Wouldn't the 3" heels rather let her down in combat? Better to have something with clips up the front and biker boot soles.

I was going to give her Crazy Owner female tabi boots, but they didn't have the right effect. I may yet replace the boots, or at least modify the heel away. She would be awesome with boots like the SS PF Asajj Ventress has.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ~NEW PICS ADDED--4-16-09~ Samurai She-Predator Machiko Noguchi-7190_press07-001-jpg  

great work all around. I was kindva wondering when reading about pink and silver like a female transformer but you pulled it off.
    Molon Labe

Sweet job, the face mask looks like the Spawn design.
    Trade refs.
    FT/FS page.
    Dog training: $50K, Collar: $35, The look on your face when I drop my leash...Priceless

very talented.

awesome, the subtle pink is neat, very original yet works well
    but i agree on making the boots/leg armor with a little touch of pink as well. but i am unsure how you should go about it. maybe just outlines?
    however your work is good enough for display

Good try! The pink goes pretty well with the silver.

Just saw this thread today. I have to say I was skeptical when I started reading, but that pink does work very well, and she looks great. Are you considering using a different HS to Machiko underneath the helmet if she's one of a pair?

If you're considering metallic red for any future bashes, I'd recommend a base coat of silver, then go over the top of it with this stuff - Tamiya Clear Red
    http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...s/kit81001.htm

I've used it on 28mm figures, and recently tried making some mirrored Oakleys with silver paint, followed by Tamiya Clear Orange and it worked quite decently.

She looks fantastic, I don't think I've ever seen that HT fem body look better. The armour helps those arms no end and I like the way you've covered the joints. The overall paint effect on the armour reminds me of Dark Horse cover art by Dave Dorman and the Star Wars art of Drew Struzan.

CHEERS!

Amazing work!

Kat

SEXAY!!

luv your work dude!! sexayyy but deadly!! nice touch better than the stock version!!
    "...silent as the night,swift as lightning & in darkness they prevail.."

great
    there is no overprice, only price that whether you can afford. If you can't you will say it is overprice. that mean you are not working hard enough for the item you want. looking in the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by azazel View Post
    If you're considering metallic red for any future bashes, I'd recommend a base coat of silver, then go over the top of it with this stuff - Tamiya Clear Red
    http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc...s/kit81001.htm
    Glad to see one of my custom threads get new posts. Thanks again for the comments.

I had actually considered using that option, but didn't want it to look like an autmotive paint job. I just wanted it to look like she slapped some sort of available paint on it.

That said, I have made the paint more red with an actual metallic red since I last posted to this thread. It is much more striking now, though the pink did have its charm. I will post pics of it tonight when I get home.

As I was reddening the paint and seeing how interesting it made her armor, I totally geeked out and started thinking how cool it would be if Preds actaully had some sort of painted markings that are invisible to human eyes but show up (maybe even glow in different colors) in Predator vision. They could be like war paint, rank markings, or Clan identifications. I'd like to see somebody incorporate that into an AVP movie.

That is one seriously sick figure.

Fraggin' SWEEEEEEET!!!
    Don't miss my new TOY BLOGS!===> http://toy-history.blogspot.com/----and-----http://toynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/

Re: ~NEW PICS-4-09~ The Completed Vision: Samurai She-Predator Machiko Noguchi

Some new pics of the Samurai Machiko with redder paint, the red sheath again, and the Da'dtou-di (Little-Knife) base.

The silver is shiny enough on the helmet to reflect the red from my shirt.

Some new photos of the Amazon Machiko with the blooding mark on her forehead.

Still want to paint the armor on this version kinda like bronze similar to the Predator 2 armor.

Booby

Group shot of my three Machikos.

Re: ~NEW PICS ADDED--4-16-09~ Samurai She-Predator Machiko Noguchi

Great looking trio. Varying the fishnets sizes as you have also makes the figures look more distinctive. I do agree with some of the earlier post, however in that the armoured figure would look good with some of the red somewhere on her greaves to balance them with her upper-body armour. Outstanding trio, though.

What kind of paint did you use for the nipples of your various figures? I got a couple of ERT nudes the other day and their skin seems much darker/more tanned than the photos I've seen on OSW

Re: ~NEW PICS ADDED--4-16-09~ Samurai She-Predator Machiko Noguchi

Actually, the ERT body is slightly lighter than the Machiko.

I used Folk Art latex acrylic paint. Several layers of Portrait Medium with Bergundy, Brown, Purple, and highlights with more of the Portait Medium mixed back in.

Here are the Amazon Machiko topless again. Photobucket deleted any toy boob shots I had on their site. Lame. At least OSW allowed these shote previously. Lets just see how long Flickr allows them in my private pics section.

Last edited by SilentSurfer; 04-17-2009 at 11:32.