Questions re: “Klaus Koenig” Dragon Action Figure

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Questions re: “Klaus Koenig” Dragon Action Figure

Question Questions re: “Klaus Koenig” Dragon Action Figure

I am quite intrigued by this figure and had some rather esoteric questions that I wonder if anybody out there can answer.
    By “figure(s) I mean that “Klaus Koenig” is apparently 3 figures in 1:
    1. He was first issued in 1999 as “Klaus,” a Wehrmacht Infantry Schutze (Private) in Operation Barbarossa (1941);
    2. Then he was issued as a 2005 DX exclusive as a DAK Leutnant of PzGrenRegt "Afrika" (Mot.) 90.Leichte.Afrika.Division, North Africa in 1942 (and, from the patches accompanying the figure, was a member of Sonderverband 288);
    3. And finally, he appears by 2008 as a Cyber-Hobby product as Oberleutnant 90.Panzergrenadier-Division, Berlin 1943 in “Rendezvouz by lamp post.”
    All of his ranks and decorations appear to be upgraded with each incarnation of the figure.
    I don’t have any of these 3 figures, but I just want to know: is there an ongoing story line here with this figure that I ‘m missing? If so, what is it?? And are these figures representing (or based on) a real person???
    Please let me know your thoughts on these questions. Thanks for reading!

djamesi

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I don't have any of the figures either......I think that Klaus König is nothing more than an attempt to get money from hard core DML collectors....Klaus was one of the first figures produced by DML, just like how DML first made Gerhard Menz in the early days, and then re-released him as a DX special.
    'Only two things are infinite -- the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the Universe.' --Albert Einstein

Klaus seems to hold a special place in DML's heart. in addition to the roles already mentioned, he was also one half of the Hans and Klaus comedy team. This was a series of quasi-blogs that DML used to bash DiD's figures when DiD first came on the scene. IIRC, they were supposed to have been done by an independent person, and not officially part of Dragon, yet were featured on Dragon's homepage.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hans was the first anniversary figure, as well. The winter version w/ great coat. i think it's kind of cool to release another version of an older figure, but 3 (or more) times over is a touch much...
    "Preblown. It's like Preheat. Set it up to blow up. I'm already preblown because I'm already hooked up. Don't make no sense, don't it? Of course it don't. Dimebonics."
    e5sargemac's pbase gallery

Quote Originally Posted by e5sargemac View Post
    Hans was the first anniversary figure, as well. The winter version w/ great coat. i think it's kind of cool to release another version of an older figure, but 3 (or more) times over is a touch much...
    I agree....2 of the same figure (Different battle9 is always cool, so long there is enough time to evolve between the releases....It would be difficult to improve on Kurt Dorr, but if DiD re-released him as an NCO, I'd buy a few....
    'Only two things are infinite -- the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not so sure about the Universe.' --Albert Einstein

As far as I know the 3 figures come with different HS, each one slightly older than before, giving a through the ages look.

Also, waay back when, DML had a little photo-story on their site about a love triangle between Hans, Elsa, and Klaus. As far as I remember it Hans and Elsa were together but Hans got posted to the Ostfront. Klaus ends up in the hospital and immediately falls for Elsa. Klaus was snuggling up to Elsa and the going was good til Hans came back from the OstFront and took her back. Presumably after that Klaus tried to mend his broken heart by throwing himself into his work. There was much speculation as to who he was meeting when he appeared under the lamppost in the final rendition! At any rate I think for long term DML fans it's sort of a ongoing story kinda thing!

As mentioned, all the headsculpts are different so the figures stand independent of one another. Again, no evil DML plot, just a fun thing the fans wanted. DX05 was a very nice figure and part of the package. I don't have the lamp post one, too expensive and no Marlene Dietrich to go with him.

Ahh, the good old days!
    Man, I really enjoyed those stories with Klaus and Hans, and in general, the whole mood and atmosphere back then. The good ole' days indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by pieter schlegel View Post
    As far as I know the 3 figures come with different HS, each one slightly older than before, giving a through the ages look.

Also, waay back when, DML had a little photo-story on their site about a love triangle between Hans, Elsa, and Klaus. As far as I remember it Hans and Elsa were together but Hans got posted to the Ostfront. Klaus ends up in the hospital and immediately falls for Elsa. Klaus was snuggling up to Elsa and the going was good til Hans came back from the OstFront and took her back. Presumably after that Klaus tried to mend his broken heart by throwing himself into his work. There was much speculation as to who he was meeting when he appeared under the lamppost in the final rendition! At any rate I think for long term DML fans it's sort of a ongoing story kinda thing!

you forgot to mention their Kameradren on the Ostfront: Erich and Heinrich.

You didn't ask about Erich and Heinrich! Besides I believe they were both implicated in the great Gerhard, cross-dressing scandal and after a spell barrel rolling they were all sent back to the Ostfront to join a penal battalion! .....and if you think I'm kidding about Gerhard and the cross-dressing think again. DML had a fotostory on their site about Gerhard's court martial fo that very offence....

Man, I really enjoyed those stories with Klaus and Hans, and in general, the whole mood and atmosphere back then. The good ole' days indeed.
    Me too, me too!!!