SilentSurfer presents: Hive Hunter Machiko Noguchi {Helmet Update 01-01-09}

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: SilentSurfer presents: Hive Hunter Machiko Noguchi {Helmet Update 01-01-09}

SilentSurfer presents: Hive Hunter Machiko Noguchi {Helmet Update 01-01-09}

Check out the original thread for my Amazon Style Machiko here:
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ad.php?t=86816

Here is my second custom version: Hive Hunter Machiko (or should it be Huntress?).

Hive Hunter Machiko in full armor.

I had originally planned to go all Predator with this version and even replaced the stupid fantasy sword she came with with one of the AVP sheathed boot blades which looked awesome hanging from her butt armor with al Alien's tongue as the handle (sorry no pics taken at that time), but the more I played with poses and things, the more I wanted her to keep her Asian heritage, but be a step more badass than her Amazon mode above.

While searching for Samurai reference photos I found this shot of Tom and that's what I went for...sort of

So I scoured eBay for a good set of Samurai swords and found this one from Ignite/ Crazy Owners. I also got the short sidearm and the dagger in the same red sheath style, but they didn't look right on her all at once, so I just used the long sword.

Like I had done with the Amazon, I put netting on her legs, but this time I got the unused one from my Amazon version plus one off of eBay, cut them down, and used those so they went with her body netting. I also went back to the Shuriken trick to replace her gauntlet blades with something that looked more like they could have come out of those narrow gauntlets.

The other four blades I used the tips of to replace the spear blades again, but in retracted mode the way the spear was being posed to hang on her back.

I loved the Alien head shield and wanted it to be part of this display as well, but didn't want it on her arm so I could see her gauntlet in this pose. I glued the long skull in place on the spear and it just so happened that the forearm grips that hold the Alien head on her gauntlet worked perfectly to pinch/ hold onto the skull.

Other little touches were to put the weird, but decorative blue thingies on the other side like I did on the Amazon. Since she was wearing the helmet this time, I was left with a big blank spot on her right thigh, so I took an extra set of Wolf thigh armor, and glued one to the angled piece on her hip the same way I had done with the helmet on the Amazon version.

I had previously customized a Scar Predator to look like the one in the backstory segment holding the Alien Head on Spear atop the Pyramid by splitting his chest armor thus freeing up the ab armor which I trimmed down to be used as a spinal guard. The trimmed off edges I used as arm bands just above the swivel line. I hid the elbow joint with some black stretchy sleave stuff cut from some arm things I got from eBay off of some Cy Girl figure. I also trimmed the butt armor to look less bulky at the bottom.

Future mods will include adding some kind of Samurai helmet neck protection that will hang from the back of her helmet because it will add to the Samurai feel, and I hate the way her whole head is exposed back there since she is human. She's going to war, not to go welding.

I also want to find or sculpt some good tabi boots (split-toe Ninja shoes) to replace the fantasy high heels she's wearing now which don't look practical at all for what she is doing. Please PM me if you have some you want to sell (black prefered) or if you want to point me in the right direction.

Thanks for looking. I hope you like the mods as much as I enjoyed doing them. Here's looking at you.

{UPDATE Jan. 01, 2009}

In keeping with the Samurai theme on this one, I wanted to add something to the helmet. Besides, the helmet design works with a Predator's head, but didn't feel right on a human head to me when we usually try to protect the back of our heads. I didn't want to go straight Samurai with neck guard though, so I cut up an extra piece of the AVP shoulder armor and came up with this. Let me know what you think.

Does it work for you? I will be adding some kind of forehead ornamentation like a Samurai helmet, and probably a small skull trophy to the top center over the gap where the peices meet later.
    Last edited by SilentSurfer; 01-02-2009 at 00:59.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'm not particularly into Predator, but I like what you've done!

I really like the Samurai/Ninja theme.

The Ignite Ninja (Black) has some pretty good tabi boots. I think Triad do some too. Good luck finding them loose!

Wow that is fantastic!! Awesome job and incredible details!!
    -mike-

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wicked Bad Ass!!
    I am not a slave to the box art layout!!
    Don't be so unkind.You may not survive to pass this way again,and these be the last friendly words you'll hear.

superb job! I wonder how she'll look in black leotard instead of the net suit underneath.
    WTS and WTB thread
    Trade Reference SOD OFF! I have 7 pages of Positive TRADE REFS! QUIT thinking everyone is out to con you!

Your predator mods are great and full of creativity! The crossing of Machiko and Samurai is awesome. I very much agree with the tabi idea (I myself not quite seeing how a jungle warrior can wear heels to fight). I'm looking forward to your next update.

That looks so much better,

The arm joints are hidden now and the armour at least gives the arms some definition.

Great work

CHEERS!

Absolutely superb.
    'I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.'

Awsome bash!

some real quality work I might add as well!

Cya,
    Hankster
    Jupiter, Fla

Love it!
    Love the samurai theme.
    I which I had another Machiko to mod.

Tom
    My ebay listings

Some of Triad's tabi like shoes...

Dude, thanks. The black ones look perfect. I thought about sculpting some onto female feet, but would prefer a cloth look. Do you think they would look good on a female figure (not too big)? Where can I get them?

Update Helmet Pics

Check 'em out and let me know what you think. Any suggestions welcome.

i like what you did with the biomask by adding that additional armor cover. PLUS adding that wire. for a moment, i thought HT machiko was running on bluetooth wireless device.

That helmet mod looks flawless! Well done!

That looks incredible, like a piece of Dave Dorman art brought to life.

CHEERS!