ODA Russell

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: ODA Russell

ODA Russell

No, not that popular Russell, the other Russell -- the recently released DiD Russell Franklyn. I thought the headsculpt was cool, picked him up loose. Given the other recent "normal guy" release, the Soldier Story ODA figure, I decided to bash a modern "ODA Russell."

He's pretty much 100% SS parts. BBI Brennan M4. Dr. Figure boots.

Just playing around, so pictures, lighting, etc. nothing elaborate...

Vote "yes" or "no" on a modern DiD Russell!

P.S. Good luck trying to find a modern helmet that fits Russell's big head. Only thing I could get to fit was a BBI boonie hat...barely!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cool stuff. I like the sculpt. I think it works well for your figure. DID has been coming out with some pretty good sculpts lately, they usually suit any bash. Great work!

Very nice, that is a great headsculpt and I do think it works without a hat if you want to keep it as is, maybe add a pair of shades, he might look pretty cool. Your EoTech is backwards though. I enjoy seeing bashes like this, where the figure is loaded up, but not to the point I can't tell what the gear is.
    Mark

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice work!
    'I'm giving you a choice: either put on these glasses or start eatin' that trash can.'

Thanks for the look-sees, guys. If you notice, DiD does some painting/highlights on the hands as well that's pretty cool. And oops on the Eotech sight!

I vote "Yes" on the one with the hat.

Great looking figure, that hs is really nice and goes well with the bash, cool stuff man
    -mike-

Primo figure, dude!

The HS was a topic way back about its profile and looks. Some members said it was ugly, a lot disagreed. It is one very good HS about an average Joe, which works very well on any soldier boy bash. YOU PROVED IT.
    A soldier who had been to numerous conflicts, not to mention his covert ops. Well Done!

Great choice in the headsculpt. Celebrity head sculpts get played out after a while, so it's good to see an "everyman."

Thanks for the comments Fioski and Sgt. Shultz.

I do love the realism of the latest DiD hs. They are a bit on the oversized side, unfortunately, perhaps as a side effect of the extra details.

Maybe a master repainter with a dremmel could shave off some of his 40s-style hairdo on top, but I'm not there yet...

For that HS? no need to. Tell them he just took off his helmet. If someone would like to shave off some hair from a headsculpt, they should start with the HT Beckham TT...that way a helmet can fit. DID HS has the proper size that can take most helmets and hats.