19th Cent. (Old West, ACW, Colonial Wars) Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)

Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)

My take on Sean Connery in his role of Shalako from the movie of the same name. Some tweaking still required. Preliminary pics. First attempt at any sort of head mod. Made the hair a bit longer at back and sideburns ( not the most professional). Clothing by the master, Amy Jones. Needs a cloth hat and a mount. First few pics are still from the movie.

Ok, added a new hat from Stevo and provided Shalako with a mount which is a Sindy horse.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)-img_2029-jpg   Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)-img_2032-jpg   Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)-img_2030-jpg   Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)-img_2031-jpg   Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)-img_2052-jpg   Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)-img_2059-jpg  

Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)-img_2056-jpg   Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)-img_2144-jpg   Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)-img_2137-jpg   Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)-img_2138-jpg   Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)-img_2141-jpg   Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)-img_2142-jpg  

Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)-img_2143-jpg  
    Last edited by Pilgrim11; 02-04-2021 at 14:59.
    "That'll be the day"

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Shalako

You're off to a running start! Anything with AJ Clothiers wardrobe is sure to hit the mark. Nice job on the hair.
    Thanks for posting.
    Mark
    "Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way!"
    http://openrange.freeforums.org/

Quote Originally Posted by markh166 View Post
    You're off to a running start! Anything with AJ Clothiers wardrobe is sure to hit the mark. Nice job on the hair.
    Thanks for posting.

thanks Mark
    "That'll be the day"

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Looks good -- bonus points for an uncommon and welcome subject, doubling as a tribute now Connery has left us. Clothing looks great, and your sideburns work very well. As you mentioned, the hat clearly does need an upgrade; and being on horseback will eventually take him to a whole other level. I know these are preliminary pics (and our current Ontario weather wouldn't be very friendly to an outdoor shoot right now) but I look forward to your ultimate pics which should be terrific.

2021 should be a banner year for 1/6 Western, with the two competing Red Dead Redemption figures (VTS and LIM) that are both super-accessorized and without much overlap -- probably the greatest combined stash of cowboy stuff since '60s Marx. Maybe Shalako can use some of that stuff if you build a scene around him. Thanks for sharing.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    Looks good -- bonus points for an uncommon and welcome subject, doubling as a tribute now Connery has left us. Clothing looks great, and your sideburns work very well. As you mentioned, the hat clearly does need an upgrade; and being on horseback will eventually take him to a whole other level. I know these are preliminary pics (and our current Ontario weather wouldn't be very friendly to an outdoor shoot right now) but I look forward to your ultimate pics which should be terrific.

2021 should be a banner year for 1/6 Western, with the two competing Red Dead Redemption figures (VTS and LIM) that are both super-accessorized and without much overlap -- probably the greatest combined stash of cowboy stuff since '60s Marx. Maybe Shalako can use some of that stuff if you build a scene around him. Thanks for sharing.

thanks for the comments
    "That'll be the day"

for the hat, contact Stevo's toys! your figure would be perfect with one of his hat!
    congrats!

Welcome to Stevo's Toys

Re: Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)

You nailed it, John!! Excellent work!!

Re: Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)

Thanks Diane
    "That'll be the day"