One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Shalako ( photos updated 4 Feb 2021)

19th Cent. (Old West, ACW, Colonial Wars) 
2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Pilgrim11 
#1 · (Edited)
My take on Sean Connery in his role of Shalako from the movie of the same name. Some tweaking still required. Preliminary pics. First attempt at any sort of head mod. Made the hair a bit longer at back and sideburns ( not the most professional). Clothing by the master, Amy Jones. Needs a cloth hat and a mount. First few pics are still from the movie.

Ok, added a new hat from Stevo and provided Shalako with a mount which is a Sindy horse.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Re: Shalako

Looks good -- bonus points for an uncommon and welcome subject, doubling as a tribute now Connery has left us. Clothing looks great, and your sideburns work very well. As you mentioned, the hat clearly does need an upgrade; and being on horseback will eventually take him to a whole other level. I know these are preliminary pics (and our current Ontario weather wouldn't be very friendly to an outdoor shoot right now) but I look forward to your ultimate pics which should be terrific.

2021 should be a banner year for 1/6 Western, with the two competing Red Dead Redemption figures (VTS and LIM) that are both super-accessorized and without much overlap -- probably the greatest combined stash of cowboy stuff since '60s Marx. Maybe Shalako can use some of that stuff if you build a scene around him. Thanks for sharing.

#5 ·
Re: Shalako

Looks good -- bonus points for an uncommon and welcome subject, doubling as a tribute now Connery has left us. Clothing looks great, and your sideburns work very well. As you mentioned, the hat clearly does need an upgrade; and being on horseback will eventually take him to a whole other level. I know these are preliminary pics (and our current Ontario weather wouldn't be very friendly to an outdoor shoot right now) but I look forward to your ultimate pics which should be terrific.

2021 should be a banner year for 1/6 Western, with the two competing Red Dead Redemption figures (VTS and LIM) that are both super-accessorized and without much overlap -- probably the greatest combined stash of cowboy stuff since '60s Marx. Maybe Shalako can use some of that stuff if you build a scene around him. Thanks for sharing.
thanks for the comments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.