One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Bronze age, Ancient Egyptian figures

2K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  macehead 
#1 ·
I'm looking for historically accurate bronze age 1/6 figures. Are there any figures ever made of ancient Egyptian, Mycenaean or Assyrian warriors?

#2 · (Edited)
I haven't seen any military ones that are even close. It would be a cool project to kitbash some. Civilian figures are pretty easy because most of the clothing consists of drapes and wraps that are tied or pinned closed.

This might give you some inspiration
Theseus and Peirithoos

Assyrians were Iron Age. In that region during the Bronze Age you'd have Hurrians and Hittites. The Nuzi tablets gave us a lot of info about the military equipment at the time.

#4 ·
All of these cultures used light chariots at the time. Most of the chariot warriors wore knee length "sariams" made from scale armour. Some were made of bronze scales and others were made from leather (or rawhide). Leather seems to have been a lot more common. After the battle of Megiddo the Egyptians recorded the capture of two sariams made from bronze and two hundred made from leather. Tut's tomb had a very good example of leather scale armour until the Cairo museum's negligence destroyed it. These days there isn't much left of it. It was the oldest known example of leather armour anywhere in the world and it was completely intact when Carter found it.

#5 · (Edited)
Yes I think I will make a custom figure. Maybe with your suggestion of leather scale armour (also easier to make than metal scale armour)

I would also love to make a real metal Khopesh, but unfortunately I've no experience with metal working. Maybe I will use a bronze age spear instead. I've bought this incredible metal 1/6 bronze spear that is a exact copy of this bronze age spear.

I will send you a picture with the end result if I ever finish the figure :)

#11 ·
I followed your advice and bought two decent 1/6 khopesh from Ebay. I only have to paint it a gold/bronze color.

Body jewelry Gesture Finger Rock-climbing equipment Thumb

Do you have any experience with silicone molds to make multiple items like that Yetholm shield? You could easily make a lot of them and sell one to me :)
I'm thinking of trying to duplicate some objects I made myself with a silicone mold, and I'm wondering what the best materials would be to achieve that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.