Mafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Mafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props

Mafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props

Okay. I haven't been here for over 10 years. Not sure how many oldies are still around to have seen this, but new joiners will see how bad it was for us. We had to make everything! Haha
    I made this back in circa 2007. Back then, there were no proper suits being sold. So I made my own, using my grandma's old (non-electric) sewing machine.
    Mafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props-img_1205f-jpg
    Mafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props-img_1770d-jpg
    Mafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props-img_3406e-jpg
    Mafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props-img_3495f-jpg
    Mafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props-img_3506e-jpg
    The suit and overcoat were made from old pants that I cut up. The white shirt from my old school uniform. The hat was papier mache. Briefcase and cash were handmade as well. I took photos of each side of the briefcase and printed the layout on hard paper. Folded and glued it to form the shape. Each note in the stacks of cash were printed in 1930s Prohibition Era notes.

Haven't made a post in a decade. I hope this works...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Mafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props

That is really a wonderfully 1930's era costume and coat! Did you use any original patterns for clothing of that era or did you create your own? I own a hand-powered sewing machine but find it difficult to sew very small parts of clothing. Do you have any tips?

As a an "Oldie", I remember you and welcome back! Yep, the olden times when you had to make it if it wasn't WWII. And half the time you had to make it anyway!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dutchman View Post
    That is really a wonderfully 1930's era costume and coat! Did you use any original patterns for clothing of that era or did you create your own? I own a hand-powered sewing machine but find it difficult to sew very small parts of clothing. Do you have any tips?
    No, there wasn't any pattern. I just "winged" it!
    The good thing about a manual sewing machine is that you can control the speed at which the needle pokes through the cloth. So it's perfect for 1:6 clothing. These pants were made manually!
    Mafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props-img_7137-jpgMafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props-img_7169a-jpg
    I was making a Splinter Cell costume back then..

Quote Originally Posted by Talon65 View Post
    As a an "Oldie", I remember you and welcome back! Yep, the olden times when you had to make it if it wasn't WWII. And half the time you had to make it anyway!
    Hey oldtimer! I remember your name/nick. Yeah it was great to be making/creating stuff. But nowadays you just pay big bucks to get what you want. Glad to be back though!

As a follow up to my post, here's a look at my Mafia guy's accessories:
    Mafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props-briefcase-jpg Briefcase of cash. The handle doesn't work of course. Cigarette box for size reference. I don't even remember why I had that. I don't smoke. Lol
    Mafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props-img_5524a-jpgDuplicating the whiskey bottles, making cast and moulds by hand.
    Mafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props-whiskey-crate-jpgThis is the result. Crate was made from popsicle sticks. Man I had a LOT of posicles that day..
    Mafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props-shotgun-jpgThen there's the Lupara, a sawn off shotgun. The barrels were plastic lollipop sticks. The rest of it were hand-sculpted using epoxy putty and then hand painted.
    Such a trip down memory lane. I made this inspired by the Mafia games, 1 and 2. And Road To Perdition. Where the overcoat was predominant.

I would say you are very good at "winging it"! Incredible scratch-building. Well done!
    Mark
    "Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way!"
    http://openrange.freeforums.org/

Victorville, CA. Yeh, the middle of no where.

Oh the memories of Hand sewing. LOL! Looking great! Keep them coming!

Man this cool! I have done a few items myself.