One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Mafia Flashback! Hand-sewn costume, weapon & accessories and props

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Kinster 
#1 ·
Okay. I haven't been here for over 10 years. Not sure how many oldies are still around to have seen this, but new joiners will see how bad it was for us. We had to make everything! Haha
I made this back in circa 2007. Back then, there were no proper suits being sold. So I made my own, using my grandma's old (non-electric) sewing machine.
Hat Sun hat Fedora Musician Flash photography

Hat Fedora Sleeve Collar Suit

Suit trousers Overcoat Frock coat Hat Trench coat

Outerwear Overcoat Frock coat Sleeve Standing

Suit trousers Frock coat Coat Sleeve Overcoat

The suit and overcoat were made from old pants that I cut up. The white shirt from my old school uniform. The hat was papier mache. Briefcase and cash were handmade as well. I took photos of each side of the briefcase and printed the layout on hard paper. Folded and glued it to form the shape. Each note in the stacks of cash were printed in 1930s Prohibition Era notes.

Haven't made a post in a decade. I hope this works...

See less See more
#6 ·
As a follow up to my post, here's a look at my Mafia guy's accessories:
Product Font Rectangle Material property Sleeve
Briefcase of cash. The handle doesn't work of course. Cigarette box for size reference. I don't even remember why I had that. I don't smoke. Lol
Rectangle Plastic Auto part Metal Fashion accessory
Duplicating the whiskey bottles, making cast and moulds by hand.
Brown Product Rectangle Wood Font
This is the result. Crate was made from popsicle sticks. Man I had a LOT of posicles that day..
Tool Material property Office supplies Automotive exterior Font
Then there's the Lupara, a sawn off shotgun. The barrels were plastic lollipop sticks. The rest of it were hand-sculpted using epoxy putty and then hand painted.
Such a trip down memory lane. I made this inspired by the Mafia games, 1 and 2. And Road To Perdition. Where the overcoat was predominant.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.