Two Quick and Cheap Bashes from AFM

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Two Quick and Cheap Bashes from AFM

Two Quick and Cheap Bashes from AFM

I just got these from Walmart CLEARANCE (See Price on Pictures) and use a couple of left over heads from the leftover Barbie Black Widow line to create something new.

DSC09825 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09826 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09827 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Two Quick and Cheap Bashes from AFM

For Barbie heads those aren’t too bad — and the one with the single braid does actually have some resemblance to SJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    For Barbie heads those aren’t too bad — and the one with the single braid does actually have some resemblance to SJ.
    That was the reason I couldn't toss 'em. They look to good. Now I'm glad I didn't.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

They certainly look really good compared to Mattel's original WW84 HS which is a far cry! I especially like the HS/hair style on the armoured WW body! It's also incredible that those WW84 figures are already on clearance there in the States. You are so lucky! They are still at full price here this side of the world. I got the white dress version just for the outfit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    They certainly look really good compared to Mattel's original WW84 HS which is a far cry! I especially like the HS/hair style on the armoured WW body! It's also incredible that those WW84 figures are already on clearance there in the States. You are so lucky! They are still at full price here this side of the world. I got the white dress version just for the outfit!!!
    Thanks brother. I hope you can score the other figures when they go on clearance where you are. I got the last ones. I was praising God for them.

looking forward to seeing what you come up with

Getting these on clearance too, huh? Up here in the North, we haven't seen Minerva at all and the winged WW is still pricey-regular-price. So much is she regular price, that I had to get into an argument at Toys R Us because they had "All DC figures buy 1 get 1 50%" but she didn't register in the system as a "DC Figure," and they figured she was an undiscounted "Barbie" category, notwithstanding nothing says Barbie (just Mattel). TRU's flyer advertising the sale even used a photo of the 6" version of the same winged WW. So that's what I had to go through for mine. And you got yours for $10. Harumph.

The new heads look good on these, let's see where you go from there. Maybe just straight-forward army-building Amazons in flying armor, would be cool. Apart from its Barbie-ness I really like this WW. I wanted some version of the Alex Ross Wings Armor but not at Hot Toys level. It's overpriced largely because of the light-up gimmick which for our purposes is just silly. But I really like that helmet, it's got a lot of stand-alone potential. Ditto for the easily removable Wings -- I see maybe a Hawkman or just a Thanagarian policeman.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    Getting these on clearance too, huh? Up here in the North, we haven't seen Minerva at all and the winged WW is still pricey-regular-price. So much is she regular price, that I had to get into an argument at Toys R Us because they had "All DC figures buy 1 get 1 50%" but she didn't register in the system as a "DC Figure," and they figured she was an undiscounted "Barbie" category, notwithstanding nothing says Barbie (just Mattel). TRU's flyer advertising the sale even used a photo of the 6" version of the same winged WW. So that's what I had to go through for mine. And you got yours for $10. Harumph.

The new heads look good on these, let's see where you go from there. Maybe just straight-forward army-building Amazons in flying armor, would be cool. Apart from its Barbie-ness I really like this WW. I wanted some version of the Alex Ross Wings Armor but not at Hot Toys level. It's overpriced largely because of the light-up gimmick which for our purposes is just silly. But I really like that helmet, it's got a lot of stand-alone potential. Ditto for the easily removable Wings -- I see maybe a Hawkman or just a Thanagarian policeman.
    I feel for you brother, I was thinking about you when I went back to pick these up. Two days before they wanted $15 for the winged WW and $7 for Minerva. I was happy at that price, but two days later, I went to pick them up, praying the whole tie they would even be there. You can only imagine my surprise when I got the last two, but the price had been reduced. I'm pretty sure I said out loud, "THANK YOU LORD!" If they had more I would have been happy to pick some up for you buddy. I've done that for other members here at no extra charge.

Anyway, we are on the same page as for plans for this winged WW. I'm thinking an armored Hawkgirl (Shayera Hol). That was the reason I used the red head. Great minds brother.

Quote Originally Posted by actionfiguremovies View Post
    I feel for you brother, I was thinking about you when I went back to pick these up. Two days before they wanted $15 for the winged WW and $7 for Minerva. I was happy at that price, but two days later, I went to pick them up, praying the whole tie they would even be there. You can only imagine my surprise when I got the last two, but the price had been reduced. I'm pretty sure I said out loud, "THANK YOU LORD!" If they had more I would have been happy to pick some up for you buddy. I've done that for other members here at no extra charge.

Anyway, we are on the same page as for plans for this winged WW. I'm thinking an armored Hawkgirl (Shayera Hol). That was the reason I used the red head. Great minds brother.
    Yeah, I think you've got some special Walmart where the angels put out things just for you when they see you coming. Thanks for the thought but it can get messy with customs etc when things have to cross the US/Canada border. The frustrating part is that in normal times this would give me the excuse to check out Walmarts in Buffalo NY, but the border is COVID-19 closed to traffic for the foreseable future. I'll probably miss this year's seasonal Power Team Elites also.

Shayera with those wings should be fantastic. She can be armored but I don't think she absolutely needs to be -- spandex beachwear with the massive wings could make an interesting contrast.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”