!/6th Go Truck M3A1 Scout Car

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: !/6th Go Truck M3A1 Scout Car

!/6th Go Truck M3A1 Scout Car

Im sure many have seen this latest offering From Go Truck. I curious how close in accuracy this Scout Car is? It looks like the front wheels already lack the correct hubs.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: !/6th Go Truck M3A1 Scout Car

Quote Originally Posted by MP 38 View Post
    Im sure many have seen this latest offering From Go Truck. I curious how close in accuracy this Scout Car is? It looks like the front wheels already lack the correct hubs.
    Like all vehicles from Go Truck / Taowan on the first look its awesome, but they lack accuracy not only in detail. i have the CCKW truck, and i had the WC 52 .

starting with wrong tires and rims, wrong number of bar on the radiator, length and shape of the fenders, position, shape and dimensions of many bodyparts, bad welding and lot of fantasy parts like the gun mounts, terible bad pleather parts and a very bad painting. the mirror of my WC 52 was a rough cut part of a CD and the smell of the tires war aweful and the CCKW miss the whole fuel tank.

but the vehicles are huge and look impressive , and for this size you get something huge for your collection.

i was never a fan of the real scout car, because i mainly collect late war us soldiers and the scout car saw very limited service in the army in the late stage of war. so this is the 3rd time i will easily pass a 1:6th scour car.

but for a M3 halftrack or a M20 armored car i would only say[img][img]

Re: !/6th Go Truck M3A1 Scout Car

Thanks for your honest opinion Kelly. I have never purchased anything made by them mainly because i wasnt totally impressed by the detail and accuracy yet. there is something about the Scout Car that makes me want one though. Taowan made one some years back if I remember correctly. I have some pics of them coming ashore on Omaha Beach after D-Day pulling a 1/4 ton jeep trailer so a few must have been used during the invasion. Im hoping Dragon/DML getting back into the 1/6th business more will make a 1/6th kit version of the White Scout Car. If they do it would be more accurate i believe than these other offerings. We should of course mention 21st Century and the 1st 1/6th Scout Car that was offered nearly 20 yrs. ago. Its still not a bad looking version.