One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

I discovered Resin 3d printing

Tools & Materials 
5K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  larsonmy 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,
I haven't posted anything on this forum for a long time.
The reasons are various, less motivation for the 1/6, less interesting things to present because I specialize in the French army and the manufacturers don't do much for me.
And then I was more on Facebook.

Two years ago, I discovered 3D printing and wanted to test printing with filament.
It's good and I'm happy, but the quality for small parts didn't satisfy me.
Earlier this year, I discovered 3D printing with resin and there is happiness.
Of course, you have to learn a bit about 3d modeling, but it's amazing what you can do.

Many of the files I use have been downloaded from the internet (free or paid)
but you have to modify them to print them. Others are creations of me.

Here are some examples of my achievements

FAMAS G2

FRENCH HELMET M51

FAMAS VALORISE

MAS 49

FRENCH RADIO PP08 (copy of the US ANPRC 6 model)

Chamelot delvigne 1873 - French revolver used during WWI

Lefaucheux M1958 - French revolver used during the war of 1870 and WWI

See less See more
#12 ·
Hi, great progress! I have very limited experience in downloading 3d files from the Internet, manipulating them and having them printed at Shapeways. But learning to model in 3d is frustrating. Can you please share what programs or tutorials you used to learn? Thank you.

#16 ·
... , I would never have guessed English isn't your first language - except maybe because from your interest in the French army!
Thank you :p

That looks great! I'd really like to get into 3-D printing but I don't know which machine to get.
It's like cars, each person likes their own model.
I chose Eleego because the user community is very large, feedback on material and service is very good and the price is reasonable.

The only regret is that Eleego is evolving very quickly, too fast. :think
I bought my printer in February, it was the most recent model. But since then there is a faster model that has just been released,
and in November, they're going to come up with a faster and bigger model.

It's frustrating

#18 ·
for the past 3 years or so I watched a few videos from Tested and the ones I liked were the resin printers
Cause with resin printers, you can print the smaller details for miniature pieces.
Resin printers use liquid resin and lasers

I never bothered in buying a Resin 3D printer cause their costs were high and gave up

But after seeing this thread and prices are about $300 and dropping for newer models
I will think about buying a resin printer early next year.

thanks for sharing your works

#21 ·
My impression of the resin printer was a clean and sharp printout. Ultimately, I ended up with MK3 (and went on to buy another MK3 and then two Minis from here).
A few months ago, I got a new job, working at the dental manufacturer as a scanner/designer of anterior crowns, and got layoff. I ended up as their 3D printer technician. We have huge SprintRay, Asiga, and (much bigger) LuxCreo printers. They all are resin printers - we made nightguards and snooze-prevent pieces. It was a cakewalk for me since I have lot of experience with slicers and an understanding 3D printer troubleshooting, etc...
After working with them for 3 weeks, for some reason, I felt that I'm glad I did not buy a resin printer. While resin printers can print faster - no matter how many models you put on a platform and the print time length remains the same - and many nice and clean shapes. But it's very messy and it's pain to clean them up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.