Clark Kent Custom by AFM

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Clark Kent Custom by AFM

Clark Kent Custom by AFM

Purchased this set, but the body had only single elbow joint. I always use double jointed elbow when animating. I didn't use a Phicen this time, but used a Hot Toys Captain America body. I also used a Barbie Batman vs Superman costume I got off Mercari. Please enjoy the pictures.

DSC09724 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09723 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09722 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09721 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09720 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09719 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09718 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09717 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09716 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Clark Kent Custom by AFM

Otherwise great Clark Kent, but the glasses seem off, in some pictures more than others. Clark's glasses are mostly seen as rectangular, and though I believe Reeve had a rounded tortoiseshell frame, those too didn't have this cat's eye pointing at the outer/upper side which I think is a more feminine design. I've seen these Ken (Barbie) glasses nicely used for Kent, https://www.amazon.ca/Barbie-Fashion.../dp/B014AHMWJK though they do not come with lenses. There are still way too few 1/6 glasses choices.

I only raise this tiny quibble potentially to be helpful, but again the overall figure is great. The dynamic Superman costume reveal pics are powerful. Btw did you know that in the current comics continuity, everyone knows Clark Kent is Superman, because he didn't want to keep secrets, and some stories are built on that?
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    Otherwise great Clark Kent, but the glasses seem off, in some pictures more than others. Clark's glasses are mostly seen as rectangular, and though I believe Reeve had a rounded tortoiseshell frame, those too didn't have this cat's eye pointing at the outer/upper side which I think is a more feminine design. I've seen these Ken (Barbie) glasses nicely used for Kent, https://www.amazon.ca/Barbie-Fashion.../dp/B014AHMWJK though they do not come with lenses. There are still way too few 1/6 glasses choices.

I only raise this tiny quibble potentially to be helpful, but again the overall figure is great. The dynamic Superman costume reveal pics are powerful. Btw did you know that in the current comics continuity, everyone knows Clark Kent is Superman, because he didn't want to keep secrets, and some stories are built on that?
    Thanks for the comments. I always appreciate them. Thanks for the comic news too, even though I still prefer the secret identity thing. Thanks again buddy.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by actionfiguremovies View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I always appreciate them. Thanks for the comic news too, even though I still prefer the secret identity thing. Thanks again buddy.
    Thanks for the response -- I wasn't sure I should say anything questioning the glasses but I figured you'd be good for an honest reaction and again, overall the fig looks great. As for the comics, I agree with you. We already lost maybe the best part of the secret identity thing some time ago, the whole Superman-Lois-Clark triangle. But the current storyline has the benefit of being something different. It's kind of hard to write a ""new" Superman story after 80 years. I'm sure eventually it will get retconned and back to status quo.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Thanks for the response -- I wasn't sure I should say anything questioning the glasses but I figured you'd be good for an honest reaction and again, overall the fig looks great. As for the comics, I agree with you. We already lost maybe the best part of the secret identity thing some time ago, the whole Superman-Lois-Clark triangle. But the current storyline has the benefit of being something different. It's kind of hard to write a ""new" Superman story after 80 years. I'm sure eventually it will get retconned and back to status quo.
    My pleasure my friend. Great conversation. I found so more glasses. I'll post a picture tomorrow. Please let me know your thought buddy. Thanks again.

Her you go Moonbase Alpha Male.

DSC09736 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Why lookie there... that's Clark Kent! Isn't he a friend of Superman's? 👍

Why lookie there... that's Clark Kent! Isn't he a friend of Superman's?
    LOL. Thanks brother. It's nice to get 'em right.