DID, B11011, 1/6 WWI British Infantry Lance Corporal - William

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: DID, B11011, 1/6 WWI British Infantry Lance Corporal - William

DID, B11011, 1/6 WWI British Infantry Lance Corporal - William

After eight years, WWI series finally comes back. This time we will bring you WWI British Infantry Lance Corporal William.

William is dressed in WWI British infantry uniform with genuine leather jerkin on the top and Brodie helmet on his head. The Smoke PH hood/P helmet and a small box respirator are ready while he needs poisonous protection gears. Military cloak may be a fashion item now, but at that time it was a necessity on the battlefield.

William is equipped with Lee-Enfield Rifle S.M.L.E 303, the main firearm that used by British army during WWI. Also the1907 pattern S.M.L.E bayonet is included, which could be attached on the rifle.

A full range of classic WWI British Army accessories are also included for William, such as WWI pattern 1908 haversack, P08 webbing ammo pouches, P08 entrenching tool with carrier, P08 water bottle with carrier and D-shaped mess tin with cover, etc.

This ALL NEW WWI British infantry is now available for pre-order. Those who are interested in the WWI history must not miss William. Place your order now…
    WWI British Infantry Lance Corporal William – DID Corp.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: DID, B11011, 1/6 WWI British Infantry Lance Corporal - William

It's a very nice set, echoing the earlier Albert Brown offering, but a bit better in some ways.
    Most welcome.
    The only small comments I would offer would be :~

The leather jerkin is too narrow at the shoulder, it should stick out , almost forming wings over the armholes . They are copying DMLs mistake with that.

The coarse nylon ( ? ) tape they use as the basis of the webbing could be replaced by something much finer. Cotton tape is readily available in the right weave and widths, why not use that?

The Lance Corporal chevrons are trying to copy a common type, woven in little Xs, but this version is too crude and looks wrong as a result. Better to make something simpler, I think.

Good to have both the PH Hood and the Small Box Respirator.

Not entirely happy with the shape of the helmet , which should have a slight curve with the lowest edges over the ears, It's a bit subtle, I grant, but would be nice to see it done better.

Wonderful head.

I've not seen the film yet.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Very nice
    Let's get WWI figures rollin

I concur with tony. there are so many inconsistancies with this figure,
    1 he is wearing a 1914 configuration of webbing. lacking the extra straps on the left hand ammo pouches, he would not have had a Brodie helmet. I have learnt a lot from tony and from reading books, you could say I was an expert on 08 webbing, uniforms and insignia I leave to tony the godfather of 1/6, his ph satchels are amazing. if ever I need info on badges and ranks my first port of call is tony. I have studied ww1 and visited all the battlefields.

ok so this figure looks like a mish mash of 1914/16 totally rubbish and inaccurate as tony will undoubtly sayt, the rank chevrons are crap ensign do amazing rank insignia, tony does amazing badges.

the webbing can be rectified using tonys ww1 tutorial, I got loads of albert loose webbing and I converted it, BIG TIP use soldier of fortune ww1 blanco to paint the webbing, for the puttees I used an old british army kf shirt.

if you have any questions on how to modify the figure to make it more accurate just ask I will be more than happy to share my modelling techs with you

Definitely considering pre-ordering this one. I really have nothing for WW1 figures but he seems like a excellent place to start. have GOBS of WW2 figs tho haha