One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Cube 3D printers

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Scimitar 
#1 ·
A friend of one of my daughter gave me his 3rd gen Cube 3D printer,it had stopped working so he upgraded, I got it to print the test item,I had to tear apart the filament case and remove the sections of broken filament and put it back together.
But I tried to download a wheel file to print and found out that it only prints .cube files and then I found out that they no longer support these machines,so unless I can figure out how to convert stl files to cube file the machine is pretty much worthless.
I know there a couple people on here that do 3D printing,I'm hoping someone has figured out how to work around this problems! I live in a very small town and as far as I know there isn't anyone doing 3D printing,and there are some things I need for my 1/6th models that I can find anywhere else!

#3 ·
I have done a lot of searching since I posted this and found that the software is out there,but it takes more computer knowledge then I have to set it up. It's really a shame a company would put out a product that was so expensive then several years later stop supporting it!

#4 ·
I don't know anything about the Cube printers but I'm very much considering a 3D Printer (probably an Elegoo Mars) in the near future so I've been looking at different topics concerning them and decided to look at your topic and do a bit off research. Isn't the software that comes with the printer capable of converting from stl to the Cube format? I don't know if it's relevant to the printer you have but I found this link with information: How the Cube 3D Printer Works

In particular, I noticed this section of the document:

"Which files can the CubePro print?

The CubePro can directly print .cubepro files. The CubePro software, which comes with the CubePro printer, can convert .stl and .creation files into .cubepro files. Most CAD software (like Solidworks, ProE, Catia, Alibre, and Rhino) can create .stl files. .Obj files from Maya and ZBrush will need to be converted to .stl files first. There is no limit on the file size, but generally anything over 500MB would be considered really large."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.