When I tell you why i got back into 1:6th you are going to laugh at me!

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: When I tell you why i got back into 1:6th you are going to laugh at me!

When I tell you why i got back into 1:6th you are going to laugh at me!

Barbie Fashionista #150, aka The Bald One! I don't know why! Ilia? GI Jane? Dora Milaje? Tank Girl? I don't know, but I don't have a body to match. I own the old BBI Perfect Body Latino, but she's too red. I bought a ZY TOYS "tan" body, shown here, that's too light. Those Phicen bodies come in several colors and one might match but $$$$ and i am wary of a rubber body. All my CY Girls are standing exactly where they have been for years in some cases, with no droopy weapons or sudden shelf dives. Any advice? When I tell you why i got back into 1:6th you are going to laugh at me!-0803202233-jpg

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: When I tell you why i got back into 1:6th you are going to laugh at me!

Have you considered any of the made-to-move Barbie bodies? Some are harder to find, but they did make them in different color shades.

That skin tone is really tough to find matching bodies, other than barbie or Fashion Royalty bodies. Besides the old Phicen Halle Berry body or another which they had, you could also try to find a Triad jointed body. But these are rare now!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheseArentBarbies View Post
    Have you considered any of the made-to-move Barbie bodies? Some are harder to find, but they did make them in different color shades.
    Though the general Afro-American made-to-move Barbie may be hard to find, the Barbie wheelchair Afro-American version on a made-to-move body, is pretty available right now. In a store it will be shelved separately from the other MTM Barbies. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Barbie-Fa...Ramp/218668278 , Barbie Wheelchair Fashionista #133 Made to Move Doll - YouTube Only slightly more expensive than a "general" Barbie; and for some other project or display, the wheelchair itself can probably be painted or de-Barbified into a legitimate 1/6 prop.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”