Warning! eBay seller "teamshairises" scam artists

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Warning! eBay seller "teamshairises" scam artists

Warning! eBay seller "teamshairises" scam artists

Just want to make sure no fellow boardies get burned like I have. These guys are scam artists (and not even very good at it, TBH). Avoid them like the plague.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Warning! eBay seller "teamshairises" scam artists

What’s the scenario?

Paid for two items, they had decent feedback, both rating and quantity (it's since gotten worse).

The first item they promised to ship, never did. Then I asked for refund, which they promised but never sent. Every time they were "having problems with PayPal" and were "deeply sorry."

Other was delayed b/c of covid, understandable. They got it in stock (parting it out on eBay) so I asked them wen I could expect mine to ship and they offer me an incomplete one. They said they'd send a refund but again "problems with PayPal" and were "deeply sorry."

Before anyone piles on to blame me with the "you should've filed a claim", yes, I know. I was trying to be a good guy, giving them the benefit of the doubt because of COVID (I had tons of other personal COVID-related crises to deal with). Time ran out to file. and that's on me.

But, no matter what mistakes I made, they are lying dirtbags who clearly have no intention of honoring orders if they can possibly get away with it.

So, fair warning to all.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Yikes. I’ve seen their name around, but never ordered from them. I guess I won’t ever now.

Interesting. I've ordered from them several times without a hitch.
    Happily collecting 1:6 modern military since 1998, and not a single HT figure ever bought...

Like PitViper, I've ordered from them 4 or 5 times in the last fewyears with no problems.

That is interesting indeed. I've also had no issues with that seller, and I've bought from him a number of times.

I'm not defending the sellers actions at all, as ultimately the seller on Ebay is always on the hook for a bad sale.

I've had a slightly questionable sale recently as well with a different seller, but I think it's also the postal systems involved that didn't help the situation either. And I've bought from him as well is the past. But he dropped the ball on this one, and it's quite disappointing.

Certainly they do ship some stuff, obviously would get booted if scamming was their standard business.

But my experience shows they will take a buyers money if they can get away with it.

They still haven't refunded, keep sending messages saying it'll be "three days" - the same thing they've been saying for weeks.

eBay gives you 60 days to file but Paypal gives 180. You can file directly through them and bypass eBay.

I don't know if this in a coincidence but all my orders from China/Hong Kong since March have failed to turn up, I'm not sure of the situation over there, have parcels been held/quarantined indefinitely? The 60 days are up...

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    I don't know if this in a coincidence but all my orders from China/Hong Kong since March have failed to turn up, I'm not sure of the situation over there, have parcels been held/quarantined indefinitely? The 60 days are up...
    I have had quite a few of mu order get refunded. Then again I had quite a few make it to me. It's like a crap toss.