Coomodel New English Knights

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Coomodel New English Knights

Coomodel New English Knights

Anybody else seen the preorders for the new English Knights by Coomodel? I spotted them on Monkey Depot..
    I have mixed feelings about these. Can anyone speak on the accuracy of these new figures?

Regards,
    Manny

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Coomodel New English Knights

There's a pair of French ones as well .
    They are a mish-mash, with some good historical items, the helmets in particular ... and some weak points , like the limb armour. There's some confusion about what date they are supposed to be, with some late 14c parts married with later things, and shoulder armour from the planet phantasy. The real mail is impressive, though hopelessly overscale. The heads have some rather overdone expressions, and all have modern hairstyles.
    So there's some potential if you wanted to mix and match to make some figures for Agincourt , 1415, for instance, they would be at least a start .

What about the swords and sheaths?
    What about the torso armors and the shields?
    What about the gloves and spears?
    Are the emblems and the fabric items they wear accurate?
    What's wrong with the limb armor?
    Thanks,
    m.
    Last edited by asgardianboy; 05-25-2020 at 04:27.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

It was nice but not new idea for a 1:6 market about full-armoured figures of medieval knights. And because a medieval armour in history was an excellent example (in one copy for a knight), I find a solution "make it to modern mass-market" (without proper historical refs in details) not so FINE.

That stinks, this was going to be my first boxed purchase in a very long time. I have been purchasing aftermarket parts lately. I wish they would advertise these as fantasy figures. I understand the modern head sculpts and a few "fantasy" parts to appeal to a larger base but why this level of inaccuracy for such a high price point? Atleast produce them in such a way that you can leave the "fantasy" parts off for a more accurate figure.

If these get parted out I'd definitely be interested in the helmets. The sallet, in particular, is very well done.
    More of my work can be found at One Sixth Arsenal

You can find most of the bits and pieces for the COO Knights on E-Bay.

wow. love those heads!!! definitely a good use for other eras. they do look nice but clueless about this era...although I have always been fascinated with medieval times like everyone else I would imagine it would take me getting a college degree to figure out equipment accuracy at this point for me...lol...will only get the heads which look great!!

namaste
    miguel

(3/14) (6/14) (4/15) (2/16) (7/16) (1/17) (3/17)

There is the makings of a decent 1415 man at arms here I think. A lot can be done by pulling pieces from several of these upcoming knights but as Mr. Barton pointed out, there is a lot of fantasy in these figures to contend with too.
    Anybody know of someone who could construct correct custom vambrace/arm pieces or plate skirt armor pieces? Correct these elements and you may have something.
    I usually try to save a life a day. Usually, it's my own. – John Crichton