Private Caparzo

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Private Caparzo

Private Caparzo

Hello One Sixth Warriors,

I wanted to post my very first post here and show off my very first 1/6th scale figure. I have spent the past two weeks looking at various figures from Dragon in Dreams and I had chosen four figures which I liked.

- Private First Class Caparzo - The 2nd Ranger Battalion
    - Private First Class Reiben - The 2nd Ranger Battalion
    - Fallschirmjäger Schmeling
    - Sergeant Charlie - The 1st Airborne Division

After much research I settled on buying Private First Class Caparzo which arrived on Thursday 14th May 2020. I have to admit from opening the box I have been taken aback by the quality and depth of this figure. From the lifelike face to the detailed clothing I feel like I have really spent my money well.

As a Living Historian who covers everything from a British First World War Tommy to a British Second World War Infantryman (and sometimes dabbling as an Private First Class serving with The 2nd Ranger Battalion). I am amazed at how these items have been recreated.

I wanted to share my first image which I took of my new figure and I hoped that I could update this threat with the competed figure. I have to admit my family think I am a little strange for getting this figure but I think it is amazing.

Thank you everyone!

Private Caparzo-image0-jpg

Micah

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Private Caparzo

Nice

I recall this being advertised -- nice to see the in-hand photo. Glad you are pleased with your purchase, and welcome to the hobby! ;D
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You have the fever. Welcome to the club.

Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your messages. I have to admit I am absolutely enjoying my first 1/6th figure. I decided that I would get all my 2nd Ranger Equipment out today and see if I could do a real life version of Private Capazo.

Private Caparzo-img_3170-jpg
    Private Caparzo-img_3173-jpg
    Private Caparzo-img_3175-jpg
    Private Caparzo-img_3176-jpg
    Private Caparzo-img_3180-jpg

I think I need to buy a good set of equipment to enable me to set these figures up without damaging any of the parts! I have to admit that I am having to replace a few parts already due to my clumsy hands but that is all part of the fun and process.

Thank you everyone for your messages!

Micah

Nice 2nd Ranger impression, Micah!

Welcome to the board!

Fred

Hello Fred, Thank you so much for your kind message!

Wow, he's your mini-me... you both look great!
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

You're welcome, Micah!

- Fred

Quote Originally Posted by MicahDominicParsons View Post
    Hello everyone,

Thank you so much for your messages. I have to admit I am absolutely enjoying my first 1/6th figure. I decided that I would get all my 2nd Ranger Equipment out today and see if I could do a real life version of Private Capazo.

Private Caparzo-img_3170-jpg
    Private Caparzo-img_3173-jpg
    Private Caparzo-img_3175-jpg
    Private Caparzo-img_3176-jpg
    Private Caparzo-img_3180-jpg

I think I need to buy a good set of equipment to enable me to set these figures up without damaging any of the parts! I have to admit that I am having to replace a few parts already due to my clumsy hands but that is all part of the fun and process.

Thank you everyone for your messages!

Micah
    Tweezers or medical forceps are great to avoid breaking stuff. Just be careful with forceps with teeth or grooves as they can leave marks. Try and find the smooth jawed forceps if you can.

Thank you so much everyone. I shall have a hunt for some jawed forcepts. He totally is my mini-me. I have to admit having had him for two weeks and one day I am so impressed with this figure. I never thought I would take to something like this so much!

Great looking figure, and gear too on the re-enactment stuff.

Thank you so much.

I think the next question I was hoping to ask is what do you do with your figures guys? Please tell me I am not crazy taking my figure out to get photographs of him!

Quote Originally Posted by MicahDominicParsons View Post
    Please tell me I am not crazy taking my figure out to get photographs of him!
    Not at all! Finding a site that showed collectors doing just that really got me hooked on the hobby 20 years ago!

I highly encourage it and do it quite often with my collection.

Fred

I have really been enjoying looking at what other individuals have been doing with their figures. There is so much talent in this world. I hope that DID will release some more figures for their World War One range in the near future.