Head and Figure Mods Old Body Issues

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Old Body Issues

Old Body Issues

Hello, sorry if this should be elsewhere, but the customs section seems to be gathering dust.

I've got a couple of old sideshow female bucks with assorted problems. Aside from the notoriously loose joints, which I've stiffened up with a drop of glue, one has a snapped of arm at the bicep swivel and the other has a crazy loose waist to the point she slouches non-stop.

I assume this is something to do with what looks like the spring (?) in the abs section. Her right arm also doesn't stay by her side, it wants to spring outwards for some reason. Is there anyway to fix this? Or if not, how easy/plausible would it be to crack the chest and swap the arms over to create one decent body?
    Last edited by Liney; 05-09-2020 at 07:55.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Old Body Issues

IMHO . . .

Just do it and see how / where it goes with regards to those inferior bodies.

That's the blunt & brutal reality / truth.

Best case scenario . . . your experiment / fix works.

Worst case scenario . . . you learn something and it ends up as a "Frankenstein" project / result.

Good luck.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Re: Old Body Issues

Apparently these are welded shut with black magic. I've tried drilling, cutting and prying to open the torso and got nowhere. So any input on how to crack it open would be helpful
    Those the wobbling waist seems to have fixed itself somehow after being dunked in hot water.

I still prefer a solid body to the silicon one. Yes the buck is lanky, with funky wrists and the elbow a bit high however with a bit of glue in the joints they stand well.