HELP finding correct made 16th scale Civil War Brogans !!

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: HELP finding correct made 16th scale Civil War Brogans !!

HELP finding correct made 16th scale Civil War Brogans !!

Hello Everyone

I need help in finding correctly made 1/6th scale Civil War era Brogans or Jefferson Booties for my 2 Confederate soldiers , what they have been wearing for the past 3 years are brogans from BattleGearToys and as a Civil War reenactor I cant stand to look at them any more because they are made the WRONG way .

I will explain to those who don't understand. The BattleGearToys Civil War Brogans are made of leather but with the smooth side of the leather on the outside and the rough side of the leather on the inside . Civil War era Brogans had the rough side of the leather on the outside , the smooth side on the inside " SEE PHOTO "

I am looking for any company that sells the Brogans made the right way or a person that can make me 2 pair of Civil War Brogans in Black or Brown leather.

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HELP finding correct made 16th scale Civil War Brogans !!-s-l1600-jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: HELP finding correct made 16th scale Civil War Brogans !!

Gustavo Bautista Ponce might be able to help. He specializes in all types of 1/6 leather works. I'm not for sure about boots though.
    His Instagram is @gustavobautistaponce

Would you consider sanding the BGT brogans to get close to the texture you want? I would think it would take a fairly course grit. Just a suggestion to make what is available work for you.
    Mark
    "Baby sister, I was born game and I intend to go out that way!"
    http://openrange.freeforums.org/

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks for the help

Not sure I would go that way , don't want to wind up having to but another pair of shoes

Mr Gustavo bautista ponce makes some wonderful stuff , but does not make leather shoes because they are to hard to make