ONESIXARTMODELS, new company in the market.

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: ONESIXARTMODELS, new company in the market.

ONESIXARTMODELS, new company in the market.

First at all, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Jose Calvo, I have been a professional modeler and sculptor for many years. Several months ago I decided to create a company to manufacture 1/6 scale pieces, all are hand made in Spain.

Although these are difficult times due to the Covid-19, the project is ready to start.

Our website is: https://www.onesixartmodels.com/en/

Your comments and opinions about our work are very important for me.

Here you can see some photographies of the first work done, a complete equipment to recreate an early 8th century Viking Warrior.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: ONESIXARTMODELS, new company in the market.

Hi JG, This work looks very nice. If the stuff looks as good in our hands as it does in the pics I think you will do well selling your product. Im curious what the gear and weapons will cost? These are very fierce times competitively with the virus and peoples funds. I will definitely be interested in the WWII items you are offering.

exquisite! very happy to see your work

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Those figures looks good. It reminds me of Warband and Bannerlord from the Mount&Blade series.

Damn nice work!
    Congratulations and the best of luck.

Some really great craftsmanship. Kudos.

Oh, I love to see more realistic Viking figures, rather than the overly-fantastical versions. I used to be a Viking reenactor so it means a lot. Would definitely be interested in something like this!
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Quote Originally Posted by MP 38 View Post
    Hi JG, This work looks very nice. If the stuff looks as good in our hands as it does in the pics I think you will do well selling your product. Im curious what the gear and weapons will cost? These are very fierce times competitively with the virus and peoples funds. I will definitely be interested in the WWII items you are offering.

Hi MP38, thanks for your opinion.

I have taken some photos at the workshop so you can see that the quality of the pieces is maintained in the limited production we manufacture.

The cost, what a terrible problem for us. We compete with manufactured products with much lower costs, above all they have cheap labour. Our idea is to compete with quality, we work with genuine leather, wood, brass, etc. and we only manufacture 100 units of the sets.

The WWII items are in the manufacturing process.

Quote Originally Posted by GregT View Post
    exquisite! very happy to see your work
    Thanks a lot for your kind expression of support.

A couple of ideas/suggestions:
    - You should give a recommendation on what type of body these are tailored for, so that people can plan ahead and get an adequate body.
    - Have you thought abut doing a "special edition" of each set with weathering? Some people might be happy to pay extra for a professionally weathered kit.
    - With helmets, head sculpts with sculpted hair can be a huge problem, have you given this any thought?

Anyway, the work looks phenomenal, I'm sure with that level of craftsmanship and attention to historical accuracy, you will find a market for your kits.

Felicitaciones!

You're going to take this post reply the wrong way due to "nuances".

While all appreciate you posting / sharing . . . given the "intent" . . . you could have waited until your first offering or two were produced and released before engaging the hobby community.

WHY?

At least you would have product available and a track record to prove and show.

There are those who are skittish about offerings from Spain from producers based on prior experience. I'll leave it at that.

Be prepared for blunt and critical replies if your offerings don't measure up in terms of design, quality, and value for the money. The 1:6 business is very cutthroat , but then again you should already know that.

Good luck.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friday View Post
    Those figures looks good. It reminds me of Warband and Bannerlord from the Mount&Blade series.
    Thanks Joe, Age is terrible, I´m 58 years old. I had to find out what do you mean. Now I know that it is a video game.

Quote Originally Posted by abake View Post
    Damn nice work!
    Congratulations and the best of luck.
    Thanks, you are very kind.

Quote Originally Posted by skywalkersaga View Post
    Oh, I love to see more realistic Viking figures, rather than the overly-fantastical versions. I used to be a Viking reenactor so it means a lot. Would definitely be interested in something like this!

I really appreciate your opinion, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by skywalkersaga View Post
    Our intencion is to be the most historically accurate. The historical recreations groups do a great job of keeping history alive and have been an important source of inspiration for us. I´m very happy if you, as a reenactor, liked this work

Quote Originally Posted by abake View Post
    A couple of ideas/suggestions:
    - You should give a recommendation on what type of body these are tailored for, so that people can plan ahead and get an adequate body.
    - Have you thought abut doing a "special edition" of each set with weathering? Some people might be happy to pay extra for a professionally weathered kit.
    - With helmets, head sculpts with sculpted hair can be a huge problem, have you given this any thought?

Anyway, the work looks phenomenal, I'm sure with that level of craftsmanship and attention to historical accuracy, you will find a market for your kits.

Felicitaciones!
    We have designed the clothes using different athletic bodies, similar to the one in the photo. In this way it will also work for slimmer bodies.

Regarding the second point, we were evaluating the possibility of aging the pieces, but this increased the price and establishing the level of aging is not easy either. We have left shock marks on the helmet and the shield umbo, the armour is olso treated with a certain level of aging, something that can be more difficult for the customer.
    We will make a video to show how clothing and shield can be aged very easily, incluiding blood splatter marks.

The helmet is manufactured to fit most hairy heads. In the photos you can see some that we have used to check this. In order to fit some heads it will be necesary to remove the inner leather linning that has the helmet (of course it is not glued).

Your points have been very interesting, in fact we forgot to specify it on the web, we will include this description on the web.

Thanks sincerely

Awesome man!
    And you're very welcome, anything else I can think of, I'll let you know.

Very nice. I will surely check out your site.

That is very nice! Very, very nice! We also run a customs scale figure shop. We know how much work goes into the projects.

Good luck!

Dave
    fullmetal's Customs:fullmetals
    elfbait's Customs:elbait

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    You're going to take this post reply the wrong way due to "nuances".

While all appreciate you posting / sharing . . . given the "intent" . . . you could have waited until your first offering or two were produced and released before engaging the hobby community.

WHY?

At least you would have product available and a track record to prove and show.

There are those who are skittish about offerings from Spain from producers based on prior experience. I'll leave it at that.

Be prepared for blunt and critical replies if your offerings don't measure up in terms of design, quality, and value for the money. The 1:6 business is very cutthroat , but then again you should already know that.

Good luck.
    Hi Delta ForceChung, thanks for using some of your time and exposing your ideas in my post.
    I´m not sure I understand correctly some of the things you have written I apologize in advance if so.

What I have present here is not a prototype or "the first pice". It´s one of the sets that are already produced. We have all the stock of this reference, if you enter our web you can by it and in 24/48 hours it is send to you by UPS.

The way we work is to have all the sets manufactured (100 units ) of a reference before offering the next model. You can see some references marked as "soon" becouse we are working to produce stock of them.

We are a limited company and I am the Gerenal Manager, Onesixartmodels is not the work of a person at home who wants to earn some extra money, there are a working site, a phone number, we send the goods with a legal invoice, etc.

Show photographs of higher quality than the product being sold, it could not only be a scam, but something very stupid. How long would it take to spread the world over the Internet?

The concept value for money is very subjective. Of course the market decides if your product has found its place,
    I hope ours does it or we will have lost a lot of money

The helmet looks to be Vendel or Anglo-Saxon rather than viking. The armour and gauntlet are not remotely historical. However, everything is beautifully executed. I especially like the shoes, shield, and sword; the detailing on the scabbard is exquisite. I also like how you can use the helmet liner to adjust the fit of the helmet.

You would get more sales if you offered some of these pieces separately. I'd definitely be interested.

Looking forward to seeing your Drakkar Bow.
    Last edited by shazzdan; 05-11-2020 at 21:28.
    More of my work can be found at One Sixth Arsenal

Well done. Very nice detail work on the gear.

Very Kirk Douglas' The Vikings vibe about it, good luck with your venture.

great work!!

estupendo Maestro.

saludos.
    miguel

(3/14) (6/14) (4/15) (2/16) (7/16) (1/17) (3/17)

Yes, there are some items here that are perhaps not 100% accurate to the period described. It is for this reason that I also echo the idea that it would be very attractive to offer an option where people could purchase some of the parts separately. They are gorgeously executed with quality craftsmanship, and I'd be much more willing to purchase individual pieces than the full set.

I hope this is not offensive in the slightest, as I mean it positively -- the work is very attractive, and I would love to own some of it. The thing about recreating *anything* in 1/6 scale --whether it be historical or works of fiction -- is that everyone has their personal preferences.

Anyway... I hope you will seriously consider offering some limited runs of individual items, along with the full set.
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Welcome!

Your viking looks amazing!

Looking forward to seeing the WWII line you've listed as coming soon as well!

Fred

Hello, sir. It looks like professional market thing, not bad. Put an image to a front side of box , it would be better than a simple "grey" rectangle of surface, I think. Could you send us this one as "gift", please.

Hi,

your homepage and products look really good!

Like to see more of your stuff!

I wish you the best of luck for your business!

Hi JG- Thank you for posting. Your Viking set looks great and is a much needed addition to the 1\6 world- especially now, given the lack of anything historically accurate on this time period out on the market now.

One suggestion: being from Spain, would you consider ever producing anything on the Conquistadors? This is an era in history that has NEVER been produced by a 1\6 company before. Or perhaps other eras/pieces unique to Spanish history (Spanish Civil War, Blue Division in WWII, etc.)???

Anyway, it's just a thought. I wish you much success with your company!!!