Anyone else having password and log in problems?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Anyone else having password and log in problems?

Anyone else having password and log in problems?

Was locked out for a couple weeks. Tried resetting password. Nada. Then suddenly it works again.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Anyone else having password and log in problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Tank Mechanic View Post
    Was locked out for a couple weeks. Tried resetting password. Nada. Then suddenly it works again.
    --

Welcome to the OSW where if you have a password problem, then you're <CENSORED>ed.

Welcome back and enjoy this cheesecake PG-13 pin up to celebrate your return.

"Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Thanks. This is the second time. First one lasted months. Also several years of my posts are missing. All since the change in owners.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Thanks. This is the second time. First one lasted months. Also several years of my posts are missing. All since the change in owners.
    --

I'm going to use a restaurant analogy since my family's professional background is in the food / hospitality industry.

The OSW was once a highly rated and respectable establishment. Patrons were loyal and plentiful. The place had great atmosphere and the dishes were consistent and evolved over time.

Management and staff changed since its inception. All had their nuances. Service more or less was great, but as with any business there were periods of external and internal challenges. In the end, it was always about its patrons.

Patrons were plentiful and as well as colorful. Patrons came and went. Some were die hard who came regularly. Others were casual visitors. Some were occasional visitors who came and went in varying lengths of visits. Some were asked to leave due to unruly behavior ranging in varying lengths and permanent.

The place underwent a change in ownership, leadership, and staff not too long ago. The place no longer held the luster and reputation it once had. Some old timers still came by. Some new customers found the place and are giving it a try. Most of the staff left under varying circumstances. One or a few are still minding the place.

The place is a shell of its former glory days, but somehow still remains open. Business is not what it used to be. The entrees served nowadays vary in depth and quality and not what it used to be from the glory days, but others may disagree.

The place is subsidized under a corporate ownership with no interaction with its clientele.

That about sums it up. I still come by once in a while , dine, and leave. That's about it.

If any of you read all this and maybe laughed or uttered something to the line of BULL$%^&, then that's your prerogative.

Here is another cheesecake PG-13 pin up as a reward to all who read this.

"Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Chung pretty much summed it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    Yes. That is an excellent analogy. I have a very large project in the works. I hope OSW is still here to post it on when I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    Yes. That is an excellent analogy. I have a very large project in the works. I hope OSW is still here to post it on when I'm done.
    --

You gentlemen humble me with your respective comment . . . considering my very checkered history within the OSW.

It's more checkered than the pattern on a checkered bikini top and bottom.

Thank you.

you know, this site has seen better days... but i am glad it's still here! it's a classic diner if it's any kind of restaurant.
    Hail Cobra!

Yea DFC you're pretty spot on. I am only logged on at work now because my original password doesn't work and if i reset cookies or an update happens i have to reset my password. I know it's small potatoes considering what's going on but my B-Day is not even recognized anymore.
    Scott

Yeah, I forgot about my birthday being cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by hoodonit00 View Post
    I know it's small potatoes considering what's going on but my B-Day is not even recognized anymore.
    Yeah, I forgot about my birthday being cancelled.
    --

Happy Belated Birthday fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by CobraTrooper11 View Post
    you know, this site has seen better days... but i am glad it's still here! it's a classic diner if it's any kind of restaurant.
    --

Yeah. Like going to a hole in the wall diner in a seedy section of town where everything from cleanliness to standards went downhill, but you still want their tuna fish melt that gives you the $%^&s just because.

With the ownership and staff changes OSW has changed and Chung did sum things up rather well. I do what I can to keep things running and fix things when I find out there's a problem. One of the problems that I'm fixing on an as-I-find-it basis are the birthdays.

Whenever someone gets locked out their profile gets reset, including the birthday. If I miss your birthday I'm sorry. I just don't have the time to review previous birthday posts to see if anyone is missing before I post the new birthday post. If anyone finds their birthday missing from their profile, just let me know and I'll get the update done.
    Also, if there's password issues just let me know either here or through the OSW board on Facebook.
    In life it's not what you want, it's what you get.

Gerald, I am sure I am not the only one who appreciates your efforts to keep things together here. I think you deserve thanks.

Gerald, I am sure I am not the only one who appreciates your efforts to keep things together here. I think you deserve thanks.
    I agree! Many thanks for what you do, Gerald!

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

Happy Belated Birthday fellas.

Thank you DFC.
    Scott

Yes, cheers for El Paso Trooper!
    Scott

Thanks fellas!
    In life it's not what you want, it's what you get.

I believe Gerald is basically the only (remaining) admin at the OSW considering everyone else pretty much bailed for a variety of reasons (i.e. due to the new owner, technical issues, etc.).

Here's to you Gerald. It's a thankless job at times, but the fact you're the last admin standing pretty much sums it up.

Enjoy the PG-13 pin-up. You earned it.