Female Figures Color calibrated Phicen and Jiaou Doll bodies comparison tests

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Color calibrated Phicen and Jiaou Doll bodies comparison tests

Color calibrated Phicen and Jiaou Doll bodies comparison tests

Here is an attempt to color match using a X-Rite color chart.
    Also to compare various bodies I got.

After the initial color match using the chart, I adjusted the overall color to match the color temperature of around 5500K white light. When I place the figure in front of my ring light, it looks very close to the picture on my monitor.

S20A breasts and parts of body a bit stained from black clothing. All the others are brand new.

Let me know how they look on your monitors.

This is my test set up with color chart straight from camera. White balance to a grey card.

Last edited by Davedfx; 03-12-2020 at 15:34.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Color calibrated Phicen and Jiaou Doll bodies comparison tests

Thanks for these. Looks good on my handphone screen, but have not checked on my 27" monitor.

It seems the JD New Wheat is lighter than the TBL suntan tone???!!!...& not darker.

I don't really understand how colour calibration works, but these are really nice comparison pics, thank you for sharing!

Regarding the tbleague suntan skintone -- it's odd, because maybe when Jiaou first made their 'new wheaten' it might have indeed been a little darker than the tbleague suntan, but then tbleague recently has changed their suntan skintone... it is now a bit more reddish.

This subtle but noticeable alteration in the tbleague colour as seen in more recent bodies was discussed here:

suntan skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?

Perhaps that might explain why the s29b in the above pics looks the way it does in comparison?
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    Thanks for these. Looks good on my handphone screen, but have not checked on my 27" monitor.

It seems the JD New Wheat is lighter than the TBL suntan tone???!!!...& not darker.
    New Wheaten is supposed to match Phicen tan color . That's what they say. Their New White supposed to matche Phicen pale.
    Old Wheaten is darker

Quote Originally Posted by skywalkersaga View Post
    I don't really understand how colour calibration works, but these are really nice comparison pics, thank you for sharing!

Regarding the tbleague suntan skintone -- it's odd, because maybe when Jiaou first made their 'new wheaten' it might have indeed been a little darker than the tbleague suntan, but then tbleague recently has changed their suntan skintone... it is now a bit more reddish.

This subtle but noticeable alteration in the tbleague colour as seen in more recent bodies was discussed here:

suntan skintone - Tbleague female bodies' suntan colour -- has it changed again?

Perhaps that might explain why the s29b in the above pics looks the way it does in comparison?
    Yes Phicen tan color changed . I have S20B S23B S29B

Does TBLeague still make the stark white body or did they only do that for the Lady Death figure?

Quote Originally Posted by CosMc View Post
    Does TBLeague still make the stark white body or did they only do that for the Lady Death figure?
    It was specifically made for Lady Death. There’s another white bodied female boxed figure coming out — Sinful Suzy. You might be able to find it parted out loose after release of you don’t want to buy the entire figure.

Thanks, this has been alot of help. Just joined OSW, I'm kind of new to the hobby and haven't bought a phicen before. Matching the head colour sounds like it's going to be real pain, so thanks again. (I have alot of questions but I guess that's for another thread)