My Newest Custom "Tempest Star" by AFM

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: My Newest Custom "Tempest Star" by AFM

My Newest Custom "Tempest Star" by AFM

Upgraded another figure. Please enjoy.

DSC09435 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09436 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09437 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Tempest-Star-Flight by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: My Newest Custom "Tempest Star" by AFM

Nice figure! Did you modify the Kimi KT005 HS with custom molded plastic hair for this?

Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    Nice figure! Did you modify the Kimi KT005 HS with custom molded plastic hair for this?
    Yes I did. The molded her in from a Triad figure. She was a spy set but the head was translucent and her nose was a weird color. Her hair was a separate part. came right off like a hat.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The hair piece came from the Triad Toys "Vanity" figure that was part of the G4H line / series of figures.

The original head sculpt was a one piece head sculpt first used for a limited edition / run prototype figure called "Winter" as part of an extremely limited Mountain Dew promotion. The head sculpt was used again as "Theala DX" for a limited run head sculpt and outfit set. The head sculpt was tweaked and mass produced for "Vanity".

I can't <CENSORED>ing believe I still know / remember this $%^& after all these years.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    The hair piece came from the Triad Toys "Vanity" figure that was part of the G4H line / series of figures.

The original head sculpt was a one piece head sculpt first used for a limited edition / run prototype figure called "Winter" as part of an extremely limited Mountain Dew promotion. The head sculpt was used again as "Theala DX" for a limited run head sculpt and outfit set. The head sculpt was tweaked and mass produced for "Vanity".

I can't <CENSORED>ing believe I still know / remember this $%^& after all these years.
    That is the one buddy. Thanks for the history of it.

For those who still have no idea / clue about the figure the head sculpt came from.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Newest Custom &quot;Tempest Star&quot; by AFM-vanity-triad-toys-2012-ego-5-jpg  
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    For those who still have no idea / clue about the figure the head sculpt came from.

Thanks again brother.