GI JOE: CLASSIFIED | Y'all heard/know GI JOE (ARAH) is returning as 6" figures?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: GI JOE: CLASSIFIED | Y'all heard/know GI JOE (ARAH) is returning as 6" figures?

GI JOE: CLASSIFIED | Y'all heard/know GI JOE (ARAH) is returning as 6" figures?

See subject.

Yep.

After much rumors and speculation over the past few years, Hasbro in their absurd and delusional idiocy is bringing back GI JOE (ARAH) as 6" figures in the same vein as their mad cash cow STAR WARS BLACK figures/series.

The official announcement was during TOY FAIR 2020 and the first four figures are DUKE, ROAD BLOCK (really HEAVY DUTY), SCARLETT, and of course . . . SNAKE EYES.

A Hasbro Pulse exclusive version of SNAKE EYES is available for pre-order at the Hasbro Pulse website for only $39.99 USD.

I have mixed feelings and reservation about this being a long-time GI JOE collector.

Below is the link for the exclusive SNAKE EYES. As for the rest, y'all are savvy enough to find them online.

G.I. Joe Classified Series Snake Eyes Deluxe Figure Hasbro Pulse Exclu
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: GI JOE: CLASSIFIED | Y'all heard/know GI JOE (ARAH) is returning as 6" figur

I've never even been a GI Joe collector and I still don't like this news much, mainly because it's just so obviously going along with the current big trend toward 1/12th scale. A trend I do not relate to, at all. As I've written many times on that 'is 1/12 the new 1/6' thread, I have tons of issues with 1:12 and find it a frustrating scale at best. Especially as someone who is primarily a customizer these days -- 1/12 is not a scale I enjoy working with, it's just too damn small. And as somewhat traditional SW fan to begin with, when it comes to collecting, I prefer either the tiny 3.75" figures, or 1/6 scale. I've tried so many times to get into the Black Series 6" line, but I'm usually disappointed cause it's literally just a larger version of the 3.75" toys, but without any of the lovely nostalgia I feel for the smaller figures. Also, they are always hard to find and overpriced here in the UK, so I usually miss out on the few of them that I want, anyway. I struggle to muster up much, if any, enthusiasm for the Black Series, and the more people rave about those the less I seem to 'get' the appeal whatsoever.

So...yeah, I can understand the apprehension, for sure. :/
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Re: GI JOE: CLASSIFIED | Y'all heard/know GI JOE (ARAH) is returning as 6" figur

Even if Hasbro were to make a new line of 12" figures, how can they compete with the older Dragon? I totally agree with you about the 1/12th too damn small!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Sweet ! Have been collecting Vintage 3.75" Joes for a while now. When the Star Wars Black Series first came out, I thought how nice it would be if they would do that for GI Joe. Its the only way to go now, more detail and articulation. Im sure they will do well with this line. Just need to straighten out my wallet now

After looking closer at the website, they look more like Marvel Legends figures, wish they had gone more Black Series look and feel. A little more realistic approach would be better also. I have often thought of recreating the classic Joes in 1/6 but having a more WW2 - Vietnam era look to them.

Meh...

My youth was the 12" Joe's on the funny bodies with all the clothing sets. Long before video games and with crap TV there were hours spent outside with my Gi-Joe. Great fun!

Now... IF they were introducing some 1/12 clothed figures in the vein of Mezco One:12 I would for sure be interested.