Miscellaneous Subject Phicen measurements?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Phicen measurements?

Phicen measurements?

So I decided to commission an artist to produce a custom 1/6 female head sculpt for me, and while I was fine with the fact that the hair would also be sculpted meaning it'll stop the head moving left or right.
    The issue, however, is that I haven't actually purchased a large bust phicen 1/6 body yet, meaning I have no idea what the measurements would be for both the neck ball joint, or the depth of the shoulders. The side-on image below should show how the hair will split, so really I'd need the depth of the shoulder, collar, and upper torso.
    Phicen measurements?-screen-shot-2020-02-28-17-58-56-jpg
    I've done a fair amount of digging around on the net, but couldn't find specific measurements for individual body parts and joints.
    Would anyone have these to hand, or be able to measure parts with a set of calipers?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Phicen measurements?

The measurements can obviously vary depending on the body, so to be safe with fitting sculpt, you'd probably be best choosing a body first.
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

The hair and head will be printed and cast as two separate parts, the hair in a softer resin so it should actually have some flex - it's really just to get an idea of that shoulder area. The actual size of the neck ball joint should be the same across all of the phicen bodies though?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The ball joint on the neck is a standard size on the *regular*-sized tbleague/phicen bodies, yes -- BUT, it is smaller on the petite/asian bodies, aka s24a/s25b and s26a/s27b.

The actual shoulder width and overall chest/collarbone area measurements, however, vary greatly depending on the model.
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Which artist did you commission? I'm looking for one to do a custom Triss Merigold head sculpt as well.

As for the measurement, I might be able to help, but you got to be really specific at which area you want me to measure and how would you like me to do it? With a measuring tape or just a straight ruler? If you could send a stock picture of a Phicen body with highlighted areas then I will be able to help. I do have a variety of Phicen/TBLeague bodies.

I have to be sure because the last thing I want to is giving you the wrong measurements

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBunny11 View Post
    Which artist did you commission? I'm looking for one to do a custom Triss Merigold head sculpt as well.

As for the measurement, I might be able to help, but you got to be really specific at which area you want me to measure and how would you like me to do it? With a measuring tape or just a straight ruler? If you could send a stock picture of a Phicen body with highlighted areas then I will be able to help. I do have a variety of Phicen/TBLeague bodies.

I have to be sure because the last thing I want to is giving you the wrong measurements
    That's very kind of you SpaceBunny! The artist is a 3d modeler I found on cgtrader - ArtStation - [email protected] dh I'm not 100% signed off on using them yet, but the dimensions would be helpful for anyone that I do end up commissioning.
    I've attached an image with the points that'd need measuring, technically if an artist had those measurements as a frame of reference - then they should be able to block out the shoulders as a guide.
    Phicen measurements?-guide-jpg
    As far as actual measuring devices though, I think you'd probably need a set of calipers to get an accurate diameter of the neck ball?
    Phicen measurements?-519001_xl-jpg

Apologies if this is not a helpful question, but I am curious... is it possible to only just get the head itself done without the sculpted hair? I ask because, if you used 'real' hair instead, then having the measurements of the body beforehand would not be such an issue. It would also allow for much greater range of movement on your figure.

Quote Originally Posted by theflightyellz View Post
    That's very kind of you SpaceBunny! The artist is a 3d modeler I found on cgtrader - ArtStation - [email protected] dh I'm not 100% signed off on using them yet, but the dimensions would be helpful for anyone that I do end up commissioning.
    I've attached an image with the points that'd need measuring, technically if an artist had those measurements as a frame of reference - then they should be able to block out the shoulders as a guide.
    Phicen measurements?-guide-jpg
    As far as actual measuring devices though, I think you'd probably need a set of calipers to get an accurate diameter of the neck ball?
    Phicen measurements?-519001_xl-jpg
    Here are the measurements, measured from top to bottom based on your picture, I used a Neiko digital caliper and did try my best to set the figure up to a most common/standard pose. But don't worry, these bodies are extremely flexible, a few mm different won't matter much.

The neck ball diameter is exactly 7.30 mm

Top of the neck is roughly ~14mm give or take 0.50mm

The base of the neck is roughly ~16mm give or take 0.50mm

Top of the shoulder from the side is ~10mm

The base (widest) part of the shoulder from the side is ~17mm

Back to the nipple from the side is 40mm

The width of the shoulder from the back is ~67mm but don't worry too much about this, Phicen/TBLeague are extremely flexible, you can make the shoulder wider or smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by skywalkersaga View Post
    Apologies if this is not a helpful question, but I am curious... is it possible to only just get the head itself done without the sculpted hair? I ask because, if you used 'real' hair instead, then having the measurements of the body beforehand would not be such an issue. It would also allow for much greater range of movement on your figure.
    I did think that initially, but after doing a bit of research - it'd either be a) really difficult, or b) very expensive to get someone to do rooted hair with this kind of hairline that actually looked right
    Phicen measurements?-screen-shot-2020-03-01-11-52-37-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceBunny11 View Post
    Here are the measurements, measured from top to bottom based on your picture, I used a Neiko digital caliper and did try my best to set the figure up to a most common/standard pose. But don't worry, these bodies are extremely flexible, a few mm different won't matter much.
    Amazing, thank you so much for taking the time to get those for me!

Quote Originally Posted by theflightyellz View Post
    I did think that initially, but after doing a bit of research - it'd either be a) really difficult, or b) very expensive to get someone to do rooted hair with this kind of hairline that actually looked right
    Phicen measurements?-screen-shot-2020-03-01-11-52-37-jpg
    I understand the dilemma. Styling hair at this scale is a huge pain. Interestingly enough though, I'm currently in the process of experimenting with a hairstyle very similar to that myself [well, the front hairline part at least], so if it turns out ok I'll let you know.