Miscellaneous Subject What are your sources for Hot Toys Parts and Accessories?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: What are your sources for Hot Toys Parts and Accessories?

What are your sources for Hot Toys Parts and Accessories?

I'm always looking for spare Hot Toys parts and pieces. What are your best sources to find 1:6 scale parts and accessories?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: What are your sources for Hot Toys Parts and Accessories?

Toy Anxiety and Monkey Depot. The scum on eBay will just bend you over a barrel and give you a vicious — you know what. But, since it’s HT, and there are so many devoted fanboys, you have to be persistent and VERY quick — stuff goes fast.

Agreed. Both those are great sources — assuming one is located in the US, that is. I’m in the UK, and there’s only like, one main Hot Toys eBay ‘scalper’ here, and because of that the prices on HT parts that are actually located here are usually quite exorbitant. But often one ends up paying anyway simply to avoid the equally high shipping and customs charges from the US. That said, I have bought from both the sellers Stryker rec’d, and they do have much more reasonable prices than the eBay sellers.

Anyway... for your sake, I hope you’re in the States. :P
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I am indeed in the states. I've been using Toy Anxiety and Monkey Depot and I like them a lot. Ebay is kind of a crap-shoot, but I've managed some good deals from time to time. I was hoping to find a few more good sources online that don't overcharge like most ebay sellers do.
    So if anyone has any other good sources, let me know!

Yeah, I was looking for some Batman 89 Hot Toys parts for a while. It took FOREVER for the belt and the boots to pop up on ebay, but they did eventually, though I probably overpaid for them.
    I couldn't afford to drop $600 for a batman. So, I managed to cobble one together over about a year.

Monkey Depot is my only source, their pricing is very reasonable and their customer service actually great. I just check on some TBLeague parts on Toy Anxiety and their prices pretty double compare to Monkey Depot. But since you're asking, another trustworthy store would be Blackopstoys but their price is also double or triple compared to Monkey Depot.

Thanks, I knew I was forgetting one, but yes, blackopstoys are pricier -- they also sell on ebay, so I guess their prices reflect that a bit.
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Thanks! I didn't know about blackopstoys!

Thanks everyone for all the help, this is a super nice community.

Cole the Slaw. Try to wait to order from Blackops when they have discounts. I've seen as high as 30% off all in stock items.

Stryker, can you explain that “scum” comment about eBay sellers? Because, in another thread about selling off my loose parts and bits of my collection, I was advised ebay was the place to sell.

Unifetish -- I think what Stryker is referring to is the fact that many sellers on ebay will take Hot Toys figures and break them apart into loose pieces and sell each individual loose piece for quite high prices, relying on the fact that the HT 'name brand' makes them sought after items in ebay searches. Sometimes ebay is the only/main place where such pieces are being sold, and so certain sellers try to make a profit by selling the individual pieces at very high prices, knowing they have a captive audience so to speak. If one is making a figure that requires a lot of these parts, it can get expensive, FAST, and often times you end up paying the same amount or more than a boxed HT figure for only a handful of parts. As a customizer/kitbasher, it's easy to start feeling a little resentful of this practice, which is often referred to as 'scalping'. It may happen with other types of parted-out items to an extent, but it's particularly bad when it comes to Hot Toys outfit pieces, bodies, and accessories.

$600! These prices are insanity. They keep going up, because the market will bear them.

That’s really bad that they break these sets up. I can’t stand doing that to new or old collectables. People have no morals. I had no idea it had gotten this bad because I stopped buying. That explains all the singular bits and parts I keep seeing, but never full sets. The super nice cool sets are either pre orders or sold out forever. No in between.

Unifetish. Sorry I'm late in replying. Yes, skywalkersaga pretty much nailed it. My attitude on ebay sellers, and even some private sellers on forums, isn't driven by my desire to "get a deal", but more that I've seen people talk about paint fading, plastic cracking, rubber rotting, etc. on ALL of these figures, and even on Hot Toys, so I don't see how someone can justify charging obscene prices for this crap, just because morons in the past were stupid enough to pay those ridiculous prices. I think of this over-priced junk like a new car -- the moment it leaves the lot, it's lost a good chunk of its value. Stuff that is clearly opened, and broken down shouldn't end up costing a buyer 3-4 times the original value of the product, just because the scalper who bought it took the time to tear it apart. The unfortunate side of this goofy hobby is if you try to sell stuff at a reasonable price, you'll be accused of trying to sell counterfeit goods, or a box of rocks; so thanks to @$$holes who have actually done that, you're basically forced to go with what the market demands, so it doesn't look as if you're trying to perform a scam -- and if you look at prior sales, the market for anything Hot Toys is always climbing at exorbitant rates (since most of those collectors are Brand chasers, who buy and sell their stuff all the time -- mainly because they aren't really collectors of things they enjoy, but collectors of trends -- the vast majority of humans are brain-dead idiots and little more than sheep). So it's a lose lose situation often for sellers and buyers -- sellers get scammed all the time on eBay by disreputable people claiming the item arrived damaged, etc., and the buyers are at the mercy of the market.

Reading this discussion thread makes me glad I don't actively buy any HT loose parts.

I usually buy "HT inspired 1:6 alternative loose parts" at very affordable prices with the same (more or less) design and quality.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)