Anime Heads for Phicen Suntan Body

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Anime Heads for Phicen Suntan Body

Anime Heads for Phicen Suntan Body

Hey there! There's just...a LOT to comb through on this topic and thought posting a thread might narrow it down.

Basically, I'm looking for a nice head to replace the creepily grinning one my phicen girl came with- but she's Suntan, so I'm having a hard time.

See, what I'd really like is an anime-styled head- and I know in some cases you can use a 1/6 scale static figure on some bodies, but between which ones are appropriately scaled and which ones are sort of close to the skin-tone, I'm lost! Has anyone done this kind of hybrid, any suggestions?

Should I just sell her and re-invest in a body that will match a head I like?

UPDATE: I'm like, 85% sure she's this model: PLLB2014-S05 - PHICEN,Seamless toys,figure,studios,Design,Production,
    Last edited by Mercutio; 02-21-2020 at 14:30.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Anime Heads for Phicen Suntan Body

That’s a “Tan” body, and they don’t make those anymore. The closest after market heads that come close are pretty much anything by Kumik — They are readily available on eBay.

Admittedly I don't know a lot about what kinds of *anime* heads will match phicen/tbleague bodies exactly, especially since I'm not sure what your preferences are in that area. Stryker is right that the selection of realistic 1/6 scale heads that will match the old suntan colour is very limited. Whether anything more stylized would work with that colour .... I honestly have no idea. I've only been purchasing tbleague bodies for the last year, so the colour I've had the most experiencing match is the more recent/current suntan skintone. There are certainly more options out there in terms of existing headsculpts that will match the current tbleague suntan. Many of the wide range of female heads available are made specifically to match the suntan version of bodies.

If you want slightly stylized but still fairly realistic female heads that match the current suntan, you could try finding parted out tbleague headsculpts. There are some quite pretty ones, albeit those run more expensive than the loose 'generic' heads of celebrities and such.

Also, there is an upcoming tbleague body that is soon to be released that will come with matching stylized 'Asian' heads [in both pale and suntan versions]. The body might not be what you are looking for, but at least you'd be guaranteed a skintone match, and you could always swap the heads to another body of the same colour, or look for them parted out once the figure is available.

1/6 TBLeague Teenage Girl Seamless Figure PHMB2019 S34 S35 — GIANTOY action figures

Another option for somewhat more 'anime'-looking headsculpts is Super Duck -- their heads are usually made to match the current phicen/tbleague PALE skintone colour.
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    That’s a “Tan” body, and they don’t make those anymore. The closest after market heads that come close are pretty much anything by Kumik — They are readily available on eBay.
    I wonder if anyone has a comparison between this Phicen S05 body and a Jiaou Doll Brown body, or TBL suntan for that matter, to compare the skin tone.

I also wonder if the Super Duck Set010 Power Girl head (which doesn't match anything else but a Kumik body) will match this S05 tone?!
    Linked related threads:
    Super Duck Set010 1/6 Power Girl
    Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads
    Last edited by martian; 02-21-2020 at 20:38.

Good ideas, martian! I didn't realize that about the Super Duck Power Girl set, thanks for pointing that out.

Hope the OP can find something that works!
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Thanks to all of you guys for the suggestions!