Custom Netflix Witcher Advertisement by Scaletta Studio

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Custom Netflix Witcher Advertisement by Scaletta Studio

Exclamation Custom Netflix Witcher Advertisement by Scaletta Studio

I'm trying to help spread the word about a custom Witcher project that's in the works by Scaletta Studio. Right now we've almost reached enough people that's committed to buying the figure. Please do not quote me but I think this new one might be the second Witcher figure made by Scaletta Studio. I believe the first was based off Geralt from Witcher 3. This new one will be based off the Netflix tv series. If my memory serves me correctly He will have the option for rooted hair, he will come with clothes, armor and metal swords. I think he's also considering a second run of a Witcher 3 Geralt as well. I'll leave a link for anyone that is interested.
    Please inquire with Ilya via the link below if anyone has any questions. If for some reason you don't have FB or a good means of contacting him I'll try to play middle man for You. You may message me here or email me at [email protected]
    Thanks

Ilya Kirsanov | Facebook

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Custom Netflix Witcher Advertisement by Scaletta Studio

Talk to Netflix. There is a possibility that they will fund the R&D and a production run as a promotion for the show. Tell Iliya to put together a proposal including sales projections and previous projects he has been involved with to show how Netflix can make a profit from the figure and promote the show at the same time. Instead of a hundred figures, he might find himself with an order for many thousands.

It would have been better if this was done before the show was released so Netflix could include the figure as part of their marketing campaign but it is still worth a shot if it can be ready before the second season is released.
    Last edited by shazzdan; 01-22-2020 at 16:44.
    More of my work can be found at One Sixth Arsenal

I'll let him know. That sounds like a good idea.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Not sure if that is necessarily a great idea -- studios sometimes turn a blind eye to small unlicensed custom projects, but once you actually make contact with them, you take away that option from them. Then if they say no, they may also be contractually obligated to stop you (through their own obligations under the licensing deal with the Witcher owner, or whatever). And if it came to it, you'd be in a much worse position to defend anything if they had specifically warned you of © breach beforehand. Tread carefully.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    Not sure if that is necessarily a great idea -- studios sometimes turn a blind eye to small unlicensed custom projects, but once you actually make contact with them, you take away that option from them. Then if they say no, they may also be contractually obligated to stop you (through their own obligations under the licensing deal with the Witcher owner, or whatever). And if it came to it, you'd be in a much worse position to defend anything if they had specifically warned you of © breach beforehand. Tread carefully.
    Yeah. I did think of this too. It sounds good but then again like you said if they say no then you're up against a wall. I remember hearing of a custom one sixer that ran into some legal issues over his Conan figures he was making. I don't believe he made contact with anyone as far as permission/rights. I think they just came after him. It seems kinda funny cause there are a handful of folks making Conan figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friday View Post
    Yeah. I did think of this too. It sounds good but then again like you said if they say no then you're up against a wall. I remember hearing of a custom one sixer that ran into some legal issues over his Conan figures he was making. I don't believe he made contact with anyone as far as permission/rights. I think they just came after him. It seems kinda funny cause there are a handful of folks making Conan figures.
    Conan is a weird case because I believe there were already fights about Conan (and even more so Red Sonja) between the owners of the rights to the underlying REH books, then Marvel who created the comics that really made Conan and Sonja famous, then the studio that made the Schwarzenegger films and probably owns film/TV rights, then whoever the comics rights went on to (used to be Dark Horse, now back to Marvel). The poor customizer may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time if one of these parties wanted to show off to the others that Conan was "his," for purposes of the bigger war.

As I say, usually they'd probably turn a deliberate blind eye to a small project like the one described in this thread. Or they might themselves be obligated to fire off a "cease and desist," but not necessarily commit resources to an injunction. But you never know.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Yeah, I think in this instance, there are better ways to drum up interest in this project. As in, what you are doing right here -- promoting it via word of mouth so to speak. Especially since you noted that it was already close to reaching its goal of enough people to go ahead with the project anyway...
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."