Female Figures Looking for a phicen figure - Page 2

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for a phicen figure

Re: Looking for a phicen figure

EVERYTHING more or less is delayed due to COVID-19 in China / Asia.

If that absolutely bothers you and is unacceptable, then it's probably time to focus on something else.

So many online perturbed about delays and waiting it's unbelievable.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Gwandak View Post
    I did buy an S22A figure and you read correctly. It doesn't have the back details. Now, that being said I did buy mine on Ebay so it's likely that it's not authentic. It's also possible that I got an older one that was made before they started putting those details in. Either way, I completely believe everyone here when they say that it should have that detail. I just cant explain why mine didnt.

Any word on the new figures yet? I had pre-ordered the centurion on BBTS, but decided to cancel it before it got there. Anyway, I know that the figure was supposed to arrive in march as well as the other new ones they were releasing. Just wondering if anyones gotten them yet.
    I read from seller notices that China will only send out such exports to the US when they are ready to receive them, given the current situation. I'm happy that my orders from China are arriving within a 3 week time frame. Which is really fast, considering what's happening here. My ebay order from the US has been stuck in Kentucky warehouse for already 2 weeks, pending export shipping. These are not essentials, so I'm not in a hurry!

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post

If that absolutely bothers you and is unacceptable, then it's probably time to focus on something else.

Agree that it's unreasonable to be getting upset over non-essential hobby items taking a long time to arrive. I don't personally have an issue with waiting -- I would be happy to wait several months or more to receive things, if that's how it needs to be at this time. The only times I get distressed is when I fear items have been lost -- and even then, I only care if it's something that's a unique or irreplaceable item. But at the same time, I also know that if something gets lost right now, it's probably my own fault for taking the risk. So the only person I'd be upset with is myself. :P
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Who's being impatient? If you're referring to me, I'm not being impatient. I cancelled my order back in early January before this whole covid thing even took off this bad. It was for money reasons, not because of any sort of delay. To be completely honest, I've not put much thought into this whole 1/6 figure thing since a little while before that. I was just curious as to whether anyone here received their orders is all. I don't know why it didn't even cross my mind that this situation we're all in put a delay on everything, but it makes sense now that you've mentioned it.

Edit: I got my dates wrong. I cancelled it a little bit after making this thread, but nonetheless it was because of money reasons and at the time I just couldn't afford to pay for it.
    Last edited by Gwandak; 05-03-2020 at 23:43.

Hi I just bought a S22A figure, the secret part is not detailed, am I getting the correct product?

How to post a picture?

Quote Originally Posted by Jashty View Post
    Hi I just bought a S22A figure, the secret part is not detailed, am I getting the correct product?

How to post a picture?
    You can upload in the Gallery area and paste the image hotlink provided there in your post.

Looking for a phicen figure-129445775_230408955098431_7153813773512561220_n-jpg

Looking for a phicen figure-129541117_168103745053288_3863797489211603066_n-jpg

Am I getting the wrong item for a PLMB2017-S22A product code? as I search the S22A have a secret parts, what I'm getting is not a detailed parts. any comments about this item? am I get fooled by the seller?

Quote Originally Posted by Jashty View Post
    Looking for a phicen figure-129445775_230408955098431_7153813773512561220_n-jpg

Looking for a phicen figure-129541117_168103745053288_3863797489211603066_n-jpg

Am I getting the wrong item for a PLMB2017-S22A product code? as I search the S22A have a secret parts, what I'm getting is not a detailed parts. any comments about this item? am I get fooled by the seller?
    Will let someone more experienced validate but I asked the same thing about an s09c from tbleague a few posts down.

The answer from a someone was yes, the seller was correct that the figure is accurate. So basically tbleague figures have taken a step backwards compared to the last updates under the phicen brand 2017 and earlier.

Can a more experienced person confirm?

Quote Originally Posted by hkdigweed View Post
    Will let someone more experienced validate but I asked the same thing about an s09c from tbleague a few posts down.

The answer from a someone was yes, the seller was correct that the figure is accurate. So basically tbleague figures have taken a step backwards compared to the last updates under the phicen brand 2017 and earlier.

Can a more experienced person confirm?
    I would consider Stryker2011 more experienced than myself in the years he has been a 1/6 figure collector and kitbasher. I concur with his reply to you in the other post with regards to your query of the S09C. And the answer is the same for this above S22A query. TBLeague's product provisions have changed over the years, and they do not seem to colour such details any more in their current productions, although the sculpted/molded details are the same. I do have the S07C pale, S23B suntan, the S32A pale and S33B suntan, all of which have the same issue that you have brought out in your query.

The facts are correct as set out by Stryker2011 and Martian, one or both probably more experienced than myself. Whether or not this "confirms that TBL has taken a step backwards" is opinion not fact. I suspect that TBL decided that in a market where they want to compete with Hot Toys, and make pop culture icons like Vampirella, or posable versions of the ARH statues, the effort to maintain a stream of anatomically correct nude bodies is a different niche, and possibly a dead end. It's a design choice. And it doesn't mean they are putting any less effort into their figures, or keeping the same price for something that now delivers objectively poorer value. If you want them to continue with anatomicaly correct figures (and actually I kind of share your perspective) this is probably a disappointment. But it's not objectively condemnable as a "step backwards." I hope they do keep some anatomically correct figures, male and female, in the mix once in a while.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

FFS!

So there are those now who just don't care for 1:6 female seamless bodies without "detailing" on the breasts and "down there"?

I envision the same collectors being critical of 1:1 women they're intimate with or attempting to be intimate with.

"I'm sorry. This is not going to work out. Your nipples are not quite I wanted and your venus mons pubis isn't defined enough for me."

I should not have bothered to log back into this place at all.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

FFS!

So there are those now who just don't care for 1:6 female seamless bodies without "detailing" on the breasts and "down there"?

I envision the same collectors being critical of 1:1 women they're intimate with or attempting to be intimate with.

"I'm sorry. This is not going to work out. Your nipples are not quite I wanted and your venus mons pubis isn't defined enough for me."

I should not have bothered to log back into this place at all.
    Thank God I wasn’t eating or drinking when I read this, my friend, as I would have choked. I laughed so hard.