Removing Dragon female head?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Removing Dragon female head?

Removing Dragon female head?

I am trying to get the head off of this female figure,I think it was the Dragon German female soldier. While the head is better then a barbie doll it's still not as good as some of the heads I have for the Phicens,so I was going to try a couple of them on this body,since all the joints are covered it world work good,without costing so much.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Removing Dragon female head?

well, i can tell you that because that body is a dragon body head swapping is a no go, as DML uses a neck that only DML uses. no other heads will fit because the neck is a part of the head on these bodies. removing the head therefore means removing the neck.
    Hail Cobra!

I was thinking I might have to cut the head from the neck,the neck is part of the body so I would probably have to do major surgery to it to accept another head. I had planned on turing a ball on the end of an aluminum shaft and then drilling a hole in the neck and mating them that way.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I very carefully cut the head open behind her ears on the hairline,so if I want to use it again all I have to do is touch up the paint! The neck once exposed was a very large ring on top of the neck,but the head sculpt I used has a big opening with an adapter so you can change it,that adapter hole was just a little smaller then the ring,so a little quick sand got the ring small enough that it fit perfectly and still has some movement! But the bad part is this body is about the same size as the "small" Phicen so the head look huge! I have a elf head coming,they look much better on the smaller Phicens so I hope it will work on the body as well.

wow, thats not the typical DML body. must be an earlier body than the 2.0. i didn't know they were like that.
    Hail Cobra!

Maybe if you cut her hair she might not look as big ?
    For he that spends his money on 1/6 figures with me shall be my brother

Most of the German nurses I have seen pictures of usually had their hair pulled back with a bandana,I just didn't have one handy. I'm still trying to figure out how to style the hair on these figures,back then almost all of them wore their hair in those buns or rolls.