Miscellaneous Subject Show Your Holiday Purchases!!!

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Show Your Holiday Purchases!!!

Show Your Holiday Purchases!!!

Hi Guys, I don't know what came over me this last year end of 2019, but I over splurged through the last quarter of 2019. There was the 11.11 Taobao sale, then Black Friday, and then the 12.12 Taobao sale. Prior to all that, I was hooked into building some Final Fantasy characters.

Must be the pressure at work and the holiday blues all together.

So here they are:

Mattel Mera from Amazon Black Friday grab. I had intended to replace the body, and customise some things. It turned out that the HS is way larger than the normal 1/6 HSs, so the project is now on hold...undecided + empty wallet!

These are almost the rest of them:

I intend to change Yuffie's body to a TBL S25B suntan which better matches the HS.

Hot Toys Infinity War War Machine was desperately purchased from BigBadToys after 2 rejections from Sideshow (I missed the local PO due to lack of funds!), and the shipping cost was a shocker!

Hot Toys Rey & BB8 - I had been drooling for this set since it showcased in our comicon 4 years ago. And I found this one locally online this holiday.

Hot Toys Wonder Woman Concept Version and Hot Toys Iron Spider - Grabbed them at sale price during 12.12 & 11.11 sales from taobao!

TBL bodies received for Yuna and Cindy Aurum (+ new HS).

VeryCool FX01-C body for Black Cat.

War Story Supergirl became available before Christmas after I saw the photo review on BBICN forum. I thought I could replace the body and HS. When it arrived, I discovered that the all pleather/rubber (including skirt & metal belt) outfit is sealed, and there is no way to remove it without damaging it. Hmmm...oh well. The body provided in the set is TBL's S22A Pale with a slightly warmer HS tone. I would have preferred the Kimi KT012 suntan to this HS. The boots provided are all rubber to receive the TBL ball joint. Because of the somewhat soft rubber/plastic, the figure cannot stand independently (even after I added plastic wrap around the ball joint to tighten the joints).

The HS doesn't match a TBL suntan.

Comparisons with Super Duck's Supergirl. The Super Duck outfit material appears to be more durable than the Wars Story version. Time will tell.

It is very dangerous to surf the web! I was searching the local online sellers and came across classic Hot Toys Christopher Reeves Superman 1978 at a relatively reasonable price just this last weekend. So I grabbed it!

I still think Christopher Reeves played the best iconically identifiable Superman compared to all the others.

Happy New Year 2020/New Decade to you all from the Kryptonians!

PS. What did the rest of you get?
    Last edited by martian; 12-31-2019 at 20:54.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Show Your Holiday Purchases!!!

Just some loose bits for me. Some spare magazines, and boots and bits.

I only picked up 2 figures all year and those came in back in Sept. The Soldier Story Voodoo figure. And the Soldier Story Iraq Special Forces Gunner figure.

Re: Show Your Holiday Purchases!!!

I finally collected this PO (Hot Toys Iron Man Mk. 7) from the local shop after over a year of waiting!

Strangely the Mark 7 is comparatively larger than the Mark 43, both from Hot Toys.