Gen 13 1:6 scale by AFM (Pic Heavy)

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Gen 13 1:6 scale by AFM (Pic Heavy)

Gen 13 1:6 scale by AFM (Pic Heavy)

Here a few more customs I've been working on. Please enjoy the pictures.

DSC08522 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08523 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08524 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08525 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08526 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08527 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08528 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08529 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08530 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08531 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08532 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08533 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08534 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08535 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08536 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08537 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Gen 13 1:6 scale by AFM (Pic Heavy)

Very cool figures AFM!!!

I especially like this one, from Gen 14 is it? I'm not very familiar with the team as I never got into the comic series. I presume the HS is from TBLeague, but which one?

Quote Originally Posted by actionfiguremovies View Post
    Your HS selection for Caitlin Fairchild-Gen13 is a more mature interpretation compared to the impression from J. Scott Campbell's comic artwork. Although, I have seen some mature interpretations from fan artist online.

Great looking group. Years ago (2004) I made a Team 7 and Wetworks Bash. I started collecting pieces to remake and improve them in 2013, but never got around to it
    "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." -Dr. Seuss

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    Very cool figures AFM!!!

I especially like this one, from Gen 14 is it? I'm not very familiar with the team as I never got into the comic series. I presume the HS is from TBLeague, but which one?
    Your HS selection for Caitlin Fairchild-Gen13 is a more mature interpretation compared to the impression from J. Scott Campbell's comic artwork. Although, I have seen some mature interpretations from fan artist online.
    Thanks my friend. The head i used is not TBLeague. Here's a link for it: 1/6 Scale YMTOYS YMT017 "Li" Female Head Sculpt H#Suntan — GIANTOY action figures

I went with a look for the team that I think works for them in action figure form. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Fury 2002 View Post
    Great looking group. Years ago (2004) I made a Team 7 and Wetworks Bash. I started collecting pieces to remake and improve them in 2013, but never got around to it
    Thanks. I hope this get you to return to your customs. I would love to see them. Get inspired buddy.

Thanks for your reply and link, AFM!

Wishing you a Happy New Year & New Decade, and to everyone! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    Thanks for your reply and link, AFM!

Wishing you a Happy New Year & New Decade, and to everyone! Cheers!
    Thanks my friend. And to you as well. More customs a comin'

HOLY $%&*SNACKS!

My absolute favorite comic book team from the 90s realized in 1:6!
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    HOLY $%&*SNACKS!

My absolute favorite comic book team from the 90s realized in 1:6!
    Glad you like 'em bro. Thanks A member from another group requested I fix Fairchild. I had to agree she looks better now.
    DSC08543 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08544 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08545 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Very cool love the bodies with the outfits!
    “What Do I Feel When I Kill A Terrorist? A Little Recoil”

Funny I find this thread when I came to the forums to ask about a similar upgrade. I'm guessing you used parts from this figure

What body did you use that fits that suit? I was going to swap the head(though I'd be tempted to pry the hair off and put it on a better head), hands & clothes over to a seamless body but I have no idea what's suitable on the market to use these with.

Quote Originally Posted by diosoth View Post
    Funny I find this thread when I came to the forums to ask about a similar upgrade. I'm guessing you used parts from this figure

What body did you use that fits that suit? I was going to swap the head(though I'd be tempted to pry the hair off and put it on a better head), hands & clothes over to a seamless body but I have no idea what's suitable on the market to use these with.
    Hey there,
    that is the exact item I used, but the only thing salvageable was the suit, leg band, and boots. I used in the first picture A TBLeague large breast suntan figure and then swapped out the body for a med breast body. You will have to do quite a bit of modding to get that head to fir on a new body. It wasn't worth it to me.

The two bodies AFM used for this figure are the tbleague s21b [for the first pics], and the tbleague s23b [the second version with the exposed legs]. Hope that helps!
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Quote Originally Posted by skywalkersaga View Post
    The two bodies AFM used for this figure are the tbleague s21b [for the first pics], and the tbleague s23b [the second version with the exposed legs]. Hope that helps!
    Thanks. I think that will help those that want to chose. Appreciated my friend.

Do you still have the original head? Would it be possible to put the hair piece onto a new head without too much hassle? I'm not big on rooted hair.

As for the seamless bodies, do they all have the same muscle tone and height? She was supposed to be muscular in the comics but most artists just forgot(J Scott Campbell seems to know how to draw very few female body types) and she was 6' 4" or about so a slightly taller body would be nice too. I couldn't find any such bodies browsing eBay.

I hope AFM doesn't mind me answering some of your questions, but I can at least give a little bit of input. Obviously, AFM will have to answer your question specifically about the hair on the original headsculpt since I don't own that figure, but from looking at it, I'm not sure why you would want to use that sculpted hair. First of all, unless it just easily pulls right off like some of the more recent Hot Toys sculpted hair, it might be tough to get it off in one piece. Secondly, it may not actually fit correctly onto a 1/6 headsculpt without a ton of modding. Finally, the detail on the sculpted hair itself seems a bit lacking. If it were me, I'd just find the perfect loose head, remove the existing hair, and then re-hair it to the exact style I wanted, using a natural hair fiber. But since it sounds like you want to avoid 'real' hair, perhaps you might consider using a different head that already has sculpted hair?

Alternatively, you could find a blank head sculpt without any hair added yet, or cut the hair off an existing sculpt, and then add sculpted hair to it in the style you prefer?

Just some thoughts. I feel like any of these above options would still be easier and would achieve better results than trying to transplant that existing sculpted hair.

ETA: Regarding the tbleague bodies, no, not every single tbleague body has the same build. Some have more muscle tone than others. Some have larger bust sizes, etc. There are also two different skintones, pale and suntan. They all vary, depending on the model. I suggest looking at the GianToy website, as it might assist you in deciding which body is best for your needs:

1/6 Phicen / TBleague female body 12'' inch - Skin tone: Suntan — GIANTOY action figures

Regarding tall bodies -- the tbleague models that AFM used are fairly tall for female figures. Currently, the tallest tbleague female body available is the s33b, though it is not as muscular as the ones AFM has used. But the s21b and s23b are probably still taller than most other 1/6 female bodies out there. They are also perfect in terms of body shape design for comic book-style characters.
    Last edited by skywalkersaga; 01-14-2020 at 16:41.
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Quote Originally Posted by skywalkersaga View Post
    I hope AFM doesn't mind me answering some of your questions, but I can at least give a little bit of input. Obviously, AFM will have to answer your question specifically about the hair on the original headsculpt since I don't own that figure, but from looking at it, I'm not sure why you would want to use that sculpted hair. First of all, unless it just easily pulls right off like some of the more recent Hot Toys sculpted hair, it might be tough to get it off in one piece. Secondly, it may not actually fit correctly onto a 1/6 headsculpt without a ton of modding. Finally, the detail on the sculpted hair itself seems a bit lacking. If it were me, I'd just find the perfect loose head, remove the existing hair, and then re-hair it to the exact style I wanted, using a natural hair fiber. But since it sounds like you want to avoid 'real' hair, perhaps you might consider using a different head that already has sculpted hair?

Alternatively, you could find a blank head sculpt without any hair added yet, or cut the hair off an existing sculpt, and then add sculpted hair to it in the style you prefer?

Just some thoughts. I feel like any of these above options would still be easier and would achieve better results than trying to transplant that existing sculpted hair.

ETA: Regarding the tbleague bodies, no, not every single tbleague body has the same build. Some have more muscle tone than others. Some have larger bust sizes, etc. There are also two different skintones, pale and suntan. They all vary, depending on the model. I suggest looking at the GianToy website, as it might assist you in deciding which body is best for you needs:

1/6 Phicen / TBleague female body 12'' inch - Skin tone: Suntan — GIANTOY action figures

Regarding tall bodies -- the tbleague models that AFM used are fairly tall for female figures. Currently, the tallest tbleague female body available is the s33b, though it is not as muscular as the ones AFM has used. But the s21b and s23b are probably still taller than most other 1/6 female bodies out there. They are also perfect in terms of body shape design for comic book-style characters.
    My friend i couldn't have said it better. Thanks for the very informative reply.

TO diosoth: The head on the original figure is really under sized and I think the hair is not removable at all. Even if it was, you would be hard pressed to fit it on another head because of the size.

My pleasure, AFM!

And thanks for confirming my suspicions about the sculpted hair.