Did Peter the Painter retire?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Did Peter the Painter retire?

Did Peter the Painter retire?

Hello. Well what the title says, someone at another forum said that Peter retired from making headsculpts. Is that true? Does anyone know anything more about it? I did contact him not too long ago and was still waiting for his reply, I figured he might just be busy and all, but now I am not sure. But would he not have at least announced it here on the boards or at least told me in the reply to the message I send him?

So, yeah if anyone knows anything more, please let me know.
    "Doing what I can, with what I've got." Burt Gummer

"A man got to know his limitations" Dirty Harry

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Did Peter the Painter retire?

I saw him post about a new custom sculpt just a few months ago. Sometimes we can wonder and even worry when a member stops posting as if they fell off the face of the earth. There’s one member I messaged who also became inactive not too long ago and I just hope he’s okay.

I hope he hasn't retired. I've really enjoyed all of his photo posts and the behind the scenes how to's. His talent creating head sculpts was awesome. Hope Peter is well, and just taking a break.
    good kill..............

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i could be wrong but i think i read one of his posts in which he said something about moving on. i think it was in one of the ww2 forums...but that was a while back. as far as i can see all of the customizers have moved to facebook.

(3/14) (6/14) (4/15) (2/16) (7/16) (1/17) (3/17)

I did message him on another forum in November and did not hear from him back, but before that, I had been in contact with him frequently, that was between August and October.

Well, as far as I am aware, he seems to have lost his password to another forum around October, maybe he also lost all his passwords? I mean Hard drives can crash and computers fail, so its possible that he just lost access to the sites and forums he frequents and that would explain his absence. I do hope that he is alright.

Hi Guys, I am doing fine thanks, my apologies to anyone who has tried to contact me about having a custom head done.
    I lost my password on OSF and consequently have been off the boards for a while.
    I have now retired from the hobby and while I have enjoyed, helping fellow collectors to bring so many projects to completion, my time is taken up with other interests these days.

Thanks to all who have had commissions done and to all those who posted comments on my work.

Best regards,

Peter.

Ah, Pete. Glad to know everything’s alright. But we’ll miss all your amazing work, Brother. Take care and best wishes.

Well glad to hear you are alright, too bad you retired tho, I guess I have to look for a different head sculptor now. When did you decide to retire? I had send you a PM over at the other forum awhile back, around August/September if I recall, back then you still seemed up for it, so this comes totally out of the left field for me.

Glad you are alright, Peter. Your amazing and unique creations will be greatly missed. Take care, and wishing you all the best in your future endeavours. <3
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter The Painter View Post
    Hi Guys, I am doing fine thanks, my apologies to anyone who has tried to contact me about having a custom head done.
    I lost my password on OSF and consequently have been off the boards for a while.
    I have now retired from the hobby and while I have enjoyed, helping fellow collectors to bring so many projects to completion, my time is taken up with other interests these days.

Thanks to all who have had commissions done and to all those who posted comments on my work.

Best regards,

Peter.
    I join the choir of those relieved that you are ok, and even if I haven't had much exposure to your work, by all accounts it seems to have been very accomplished. It is always sad to me seeing someone leave the hobby, and I always wonder why they do. As much as I'd swear I do love this medium, I somehow fear that I will eventually "grow up" past this affection for 1/6, and that, even if money can be recouped eventually, the countless long and lonely hours I have invested thus far on 1/6 studying and scheming will eventually go nowhere (as some other things have in my past). I would consider that a personal failure of my self-knowledge. The feeling gets even worse if the fellow who leaves is an skillful one.

So here it is, even if I could be deemed nosy, and of course you don't have to answer: Peter, why leaving, after having gathered so much knowledge and skill and after having done so much and so well that you were even earning money from the hobby? No health problem involved, I hope? Will you be putting all that value to some good use at least?

Really best wishes,
    m.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter The Painter View Post

Best regards,

Peter.
    yeah i knew i had read that post of you moving on...take care and enjoy your new endeavors Bro

peace
    Miguel

(3/14) (6/14) (4/15) (2/16) (7/16) (1/17) (3/17)