1/6 Head Color

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: 1/6 Head Color

Red face 1/6 Head Color

Hi Everyone!

So recently, i purchased through Aliexpress this particular head. But it is very blueish and doesn't seem to fit the Phicen S09C Pale. I heard people mention that Super Duck heads generally match the color of pale bodies but clearly this head is too blue unlike the product image.

just wondering if it is suppose to be this color? any body recommendations? Still contemplating whether or not to refund and return this head.

1/6 Head Color-head1-jpg1/6 Head Color-head2-jpg1/6 Head Color-120720181501-jpg

Body in the picture is the Phicen S09C Pale. The right image is the product image.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: 1/6 Head Color

Googled on this Superduck SDH010 to find that it was launched in Dec 2018 (Super Duck - SDH010-A - Female Head Sculpt with Black Hair - The Falcon's Hangar).

At that time, as I recall, Super Duck had not yet streamlined to only pale head sculpts (which I think only started from around mid 2019 or earlier - the time their set019, 2B Neir Automata was released).

The Phicen/TBLeague S09C is a suntan, not pale. You might want to try a Jiaou Doll Wheat (BS) tone or a KT toned body, as TBL does not produce any tone darker than their 'suntan' which is really light in tone.

Is the head connector of this head sculpt separable from the head? Or is it glued fixed in place? I noticed that some of their recent HSs (since Aug 2019) are fixed in place and therefore can only cater to Phicen/TBL neck joints, limiting buyers' choice to TBL.

TBL neck joints require deeper hole sockets in the head, compared to Jiaou Doll & other jointed body brands like VeryCool or PopToys. So the heads will look too sunken into the necks with non-TBL bodies.
    Last edited by martian; 12-21-2019 at 00:02.

Actually I have the Jiaou Wheat (BS). Doesn't match well in my opinion. maybe my color tolerance is a bit too much.. but i really could not accept the difference. the head is blue and body is a warm color, stands out too much for me.

1/6 Head Color-head3-jpg

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You are right. It doesn't match. The other options are the KT tone, or else the BS01 New Wheat only available for the Jiaou european body type. The Unique Doll (UD) ones I believe are close to KT and TBL suntan as it matches the Kimi KT004 headsculpt.

This guy's FB post shows photos of this head on a TBL suntan I suspect, with the same colour mismatch problem.

皮諾丘的世界 - SUPER DUCK SDH-10 Head-sculpt in hand pics | Facebook

ps. Looking at a picture from the above FB, I believe the Jiaou Doll KT body will match.
    Last edited by martian; 12-22-2019 at 05:50.