Cold War (Vietnam) Damtoys US Marine M60 Gunner

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Damtoys US Marine M60 Gunner

Damtoys US Marine M60 Gunner

I’ve posted pics of my Damtoys Marine before but have been practicing with my new camera

The Marine was my second Damtoys figure and was built straight from the box apart from new combat trousers swapped out for the tucked in design of the originals

He is a big guy with heavily muscled arms which seem a bit over the top but the figure is based on the “Animal Mother” character in Full Metal Jacket and the headsculpt does look very much like Adam Baldwin

The set is to Damtoys usual high quality and you get a lot of kit and equipment to load him down with

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Damtoys US Marine M60 Gunner

I purchased this figure when it first came out. I am glade I did b/c its great figure. I still own DRAGON's M60 Nam figure, felt it was the best at the time.
    Only concern I have with Dam Toys is his seamless arms. I am not a big fan of seamless figures.
    I always feel they are going to crack or split. ...so I will be looking for an alternate body soon.

Regards

I was wondering the same Manny

Hopefully the skin will last a good while

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

He looks great!

I don't own this figure, but I'm guessing the seamless arms should be ok if left in neutral poses while displayed/stored, but will have more chance of damage if left in 'bent' poses for long periods of time. Posing for photos should be fine, but it's best to avoid leaving them posed indefinitely. Frustrating if you want to display permanently in some kind of diorama, but best to be on safe side.#

That said, I am not certain of the age of this figure, so that could be a factor as well in terms of how well the seamless arms hold up.

The arms do look good on him, though.
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

So jealous. I hate myself for not pre-ordering. Now there's a Vietnam hole in my USMC time line.
    The Dead Know Only One Thing: It Is Better To Be Alive

Very nice. I had to get this figure and still have it in the box. I would love to see a "Joker" version.

What's your technique for the weathering?
    Trade References
    Items for Sale on Ebay - PM me for OSW Member Discount