Japanese 1/6 shops info needed!!!

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Japanese 1/6 shops info needed!!!

Japanese 1/6 shops info needed!!!

Planning a trip to Japan not sure which part of Japan yet. but if you guys know any 1/6 scale shops please let me know. I heard of heatwave, tokyo maniacs, jokeshop, and lazy cat are their more or just those?

Thanks in advances!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The Democratic Peoples Republic of England
    i dont know, but i guess anywhere in tokyo will probably be a good start.
    best try googling toy shopping in tokyo. you might find a forum about it. thats what i did for hong kong.

In Tokyo, go to Akihabara station.
    Check out this thread:
    https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...ighlight=tokyo

Jokeshop was a bit of a disappointment, although I did pick up a couple items there.

By far the best was the Volks store on the 6th floor of the building at Akihabara station. As long as you're there, though, check all the floors! This building is a MUST.

You can also go to Ueno station in Tokyo, for a toy store called Yamashiroya. They had some stuff.

Blister (in Shibuya district) is gone, though. I was there two weeks ago, and it's now a Geox clothing store.

HTH,
    Dan

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

i just returned from japan and was a bit let down by the selection and prices of 1/6 stuff. the building in akihabara was the best and only place a spotted loose items, with interesting stuff on all floors.

aside from tokyo, i spent time in sapporo where i could only find a couple of stores. post hobby in a corner on the fifth floor of the parco building... mandarake on the fifth floor of the cosmo building... unlike the tokyo location, the volks store in the second floor basement of the alta building had ZERO relevant 1/6 stuff and mainly girly goth doll crap - a big disappointment... another disappointment was the yellow submarine shop up in the arche building (seventh floor?) - it has downsized since i was last there and the few other stores i was looking forward to at that location were gone, having been replaced with very, very loud arcade and pachinko machines (which also occupy the rest of the building, i might add). i found no loose bits and pieces at all in sapporo. oh well...

i should be returning in the new year and hope to research some other places. i know i must have missed out on something good.

There was also Lazy Cats in Nagano? I don't remember the exact station but I've always made it a point to visit them to check out their TS exclusives when in Japan.

Also, the shop owner is cool even though his English is not great.

Akihabara is the best place to be, lots of toy shops in that district.

If your going to Osaka, there's always Den Den Town near Namba Station.
    There is a Volks shop there as well as other different toy shops.

Quote Originally Posted by Valken View Post
    There was also Lazy Cats in Nagano? I don't remember the exact station but I've always made it a point to visit them to check out their TS exclusives when in Japan.
    The name of the station is "Nagano" on JR Chuo line. Lazy Cats has a lot of TS stuff but don't expect a lot of other selection. There are other toy shops at the same arcade, too.

Agree with a number of people here. Akihabara has the best 1/6 and other figure hobby shops. Walking along the main road in Akihabara away from the crossing for 2 blocks there is a whole building (8 floors) for figure hobby. I highly recommend that.

In Akihabara, the "radio kaikan" is the best place.
    It is a guide on the floor of Lazy Cats.

Business hours of tokyo maniacs are Sundays from Thursday.
    (Thu-Fri)15:00-20:00 (Sun-Sat)12:00~19:00
    A lot of custom figure works are exhibited in tokyo maniacs and jokeshop.

Also Custom Figure Exhibition 2008 this month 29-30th has on.
    Please enjoy Tokyo.

"an 11 week college for the phoney tough and the crazy brave.."
    Hope to get to Tokyo next summer- haven't been there since '95
    Yoroshiku !!!
    Alumnus Major Tommy Taylor's Jump and Dive Club

GUys thanks for the info really helps alot!!!
    Now have to plan when exactly when to go to those places.

Thanks