Alert Line Quality?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Alert Line Quality?

Question Alert Line Quality?

How is Alert Line's quality? I don't see or hear about them as much as say DiD or Soldier Story. Is there loose gear/weapons good? How about their figures in general?
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Alert Line Quality?

Hi, I don´t own complete figures or bodies from them, but I have a lot of parts from them, especially for my russian/soviet troops of WW2 and the quality is great. Clothes, boots or bags/pouches are better than those from DML or DiD, the weapons are likely the same quality as DML, they are made of plastic. You can compare it with Soldier Story or the great stuff from battlegear toys.

Most of the stuff from these boys is from alert line:
    IMG_9603 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr

IMG_9584 (2) by petemit, auf Flickr
    I like what I do and I do what I like!

Not too bad for quality I would say on par with late DML products. No medal items yet which is a bummer especially with the helmets.
    Molon Labe

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Awesome. So you guys would say if I stuck with clothing and web gear such as belts, suspenders etc I'd be good to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friday View Post
    Awesome. So you guys would say if I stuck with clothing and web gear such as belts, suspenders etc I'd be good to go?
    Definitely.
    I like what I do and I do what I like!

Awesome. Now it'll be even easier to finish up my WWII figures.

I've open a "sweet" box with this set (AL100017) after few monthes unopening. There is little trick in a set of clothes because documantary book about rules said another configuration of upper parts of costume (shirts):
    Alert Line Quality?-complekt-jpg
    There's a sample (not from historical book of rules, just modern photo of real historical clothes).
    Article from military instructions (archive doc) and a photo both give us a fact: marine's collar should be part of WHITE shirt! A proper variant is (as sequence): (a) lower vest-shirt (b) white flanel shirt with collar (c) uniform navy shirt (dark-blue).

I’ve have used a few sets and find the uniforms and equipment excellent quality. The disappointing things I have found are the weapons which are no where near the quality of DID and are plastic looking

I've been disipointed in some of their leather boots. Their lace up boots are fine but their Jack boots don't usually look right to me.

I own a few German tunics from Alert line and my observations: the stitching is top notch. The overall look of the German tunics is sharper than Dragons offering. I am not sure if I am comparing apples and oranges since Alert Line came after Dragon. I cannot comment on the boots or weapons but ..I have not seen an affordable replacement for footwear since NLM went under. Dragon and Dreams rough out ankle boots for JP and late war Germans do look good.

I guess the decision may be cost? Is the difference between DML vs Alert so significant to justify the extra cost? At least when it comes to German uniforms, AL seems more expensive.

Regards

Alert Line is a nice brand. I got some german M40 uniforms from them before, it was much better than dragon and even DID(Too thick).
    haven't see their new item for a long time, it is said they have some cash flow problems. )sad......