Is 1:12 the new 1:6?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is 1:12 the new 1:6?

Is 1:12 the new 1:6?

I have noticed a lot of new 1:12 models such as seen in the 1999.co.jp (I keep getting their emails) website and phicen who has 2 (pale/tan) models. Is that the future on the same lines of when GI Joes were sold in the 3.5 inch version? I can see the reasoning -- take less space, cheaper, better technology, etc -- but I am wondering if it is just me.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Is 1:12 the new 1:6?

There does seem to be a lot of it lately. The sad thing is the quality isn’t all that great, and the asking prices are what we used to pay for 1/6 just a few years ago (not counting HT or Sideshow). I imagine it’s infinitely cheaper to produce, and there’s a lot more stuff for dioramas (not to mention room) made in 1/12 than even 1/6. 1/6 itself is pricing itself out of more and more collectors’ hands, but it won’t be long and 1/12 will do the same. The recent Terminator figure (which I’ve seen in-hand pics of) goes for almost $130, and it honestly looks bad. There’s no way in hell I’ll be going all in on 1/12 when the quality is marginal to mediocre at best, and the prices aren’t much lower than the average 1/6 - - which looks ten times better. If this is the future of 1/6 — I’ll gladly call it a day and leave the hobby.

Let's see.

1. 1:12 is not the same scale as the 3.75" GI JOE figures. The 3.75" GI JOE figures are approximately 1:18 scale.

2. 1:12 scale IMHO is still an emerging and growing scale that is very popular with collectors. MEZCO IMHO is pretty much at the top in terms of design and quality. PHICEN/TBLEAGUE got into the act with a few 1:12 offerings and building a niche for themselves as they did with their seamless 1:6 female and male offerings. Super Duck is complementing PHICEN/TBLEAGUE with a couple of 1:12 female sets.

3. 1:12 is just another scale like 1:6, 1:4, and 1:18.

Personally speaking, I have not jumped on the 1:12 bandwagon . . . yet.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

For me I collect 1:6 weapons only because the great detail is there. I also have a collection of 1/12 figures because they take up less space but accept they won't pose as well and be less detailed. I think both will coexist. 1/12 may be a stepping stone to 1/6 since it's cheaper to get in.

imo, until the posability and selection can compete with 1/6...1/12 won't be the new 1/6. More like the new 1/18.(even 1/18 is going thru a renaissance right now with Marauder, Joy Toy, Boss Fight, and Greenvalley) However, its kinda new and still emerging...so we may yet be surprised. I was eyeing a 1/12 mogadishu Army Ranger, and an SAS, and they're not too shabby...just a bit pricey(1/6 pricey! maybe a tad higher). Real cloth bdu's; scale-wise the visible stitches appear large. (even tho star wars black series is 1/12 and is some years old now, I'm refering to real cloth 1/12 military). I am seeing more pickins for 1/12 weapons coming out; just very few affordable figures to wield the weapons. I'm actually getting back into 1/18, especially since I hit the ceiling with 1/6(and downsizing too), plus I can do vehicles with room to spare(shelf-wise). On the flip side, I do admit to picking up a few Mythic Legions knights; but if they did those same figures in 1/6...I would not get them, I'm done with losing so much shelf space.

Wow, its been awhile since visiting this forum, but this subject hit a cord with me.

The two 1:12 figures from Phicen look good in the promo photos but who knows if the actual figures will look that good.

Let’s hope not.

I'm surprised that this doesn't really seem to get much attention, but the big problem with so-called "1/12" currently having a boom is that there are really two different and incompatible scales. Roughly speaking they break down between Asian 1/12 and North American 1/12. The figures that Asian manufactures call 1/12 such as 1000 Toys Synthetic Human, and now the Phicen/TBL figures, are roughly 10-15% smaller than what North America calls 1/12, such as Mezco One:12 or Marvel Legends. I haven't done the math but I suspect that strictly by the measuring tape, it is the Asian 1/12s that are "correct."

Very frustrating. Totally disappointed that I couldn't possibly use my new TBL 1/12 ladies with my Mezco One:12s. Absent some special problem cases (like "How tall is Darth Vader actually supposed to be?") I can't remember the last time two figures labeled as 1/6 differed so much as to be incompatible.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Going by their descriptions on Cotswold Collectables the 1:12 figures are apparently less detailed in...certain regards.

1/4-->Very few instances of action figures at this scale. From 1/4 upwards it is all statues, which are a completely different beast. Great looks, no articulation, like a piece of furniture. No dioramas at all.

1/6-->Highest quality action figures as of these days. You can't do dioramas with lots of people and vehicles without having to live in the garage (if you own one). You can do small dioramas with a bunch of people, with 1 vehicle at most......

1/12-->Less quality figures, everything smaller, more complex dioramas w/ more vehicles become possible.

1/18-->Lowest quality, even more complex dioramas, even more vehicles but less good looking.

Gents, choose your playground.

For me it is 1/6 for simple ultrarrealistic dioramas and 1/18 for complex dioramas with a nice bunch of vehicles, accessories around these, and lots of people populating those. At 1/12 vehicles look nicer, but at 1/18, after all these years of development, they look nice enough to me. Because of some restraints, though (I have a MR Snowspeeder, which is more or less 1/12), I have a bunch of 1/12 stuff, but not a lot.

You can even consider mixing scales: for a Hoth diorama I have envisioned, I have that MR Snowspeeder, plus a beautiful VC 1/18 Snowspeeder. If I have my way, I will be able to compose with them a forced perspective of a line of defense in front of Echo Base's main door. I have 1/18 and 1/12 tauntaun, and 1/18 cannons to put in the background as the überflashy MR Snowie takes the foreground. I am eyeing ways to combine 1/18 and 1/12 with 1/6 too. I am still in the scheming/sourcing phase of this, though. It will take me some time yet to have something tangible, but this idea gives you a nice and creative pattern for putting all current scales to good use, in harmony with each other and taking the best of all worlds, maybe even producing synergies.

RfC
    m.

I think the Great Twins Arnie is one of my favorite figures of the year so far. I bought him loose from Monkey Depot for around $80 and kind of regret not splurging on the complete box. My only real gripe are the pants which sit very high on the waist. The leather jacket is outstanding. The magnetic head to neck connection works way better than I thought. Overall, he's probably better than any of the Mezco figures I own (I'm closing in on thirty).

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    I'm surprised that this doesn't really seem to get much attention, but the big problem with so-called "1/12" currently having a boom is that there are really two different and incompatible scales. Roughly speaking they break down between Asian 1/12 and North American 1/12. The figures that Asian manufactures call 1/12 such as 1000 Toys Synthetic Human, and now the Phicen/TBL figures, are roughly 10-15% smaller than what North America calls 1/12, such as Mezco One:12 or Marvel Legends. I haven't done the math but I suspect that strictly by the measuring tape, it is the Asian 1/12s that are "correct."

Very frustrating. Totally disappointed that I couldn't possibly use my new TBL 1/12 ladies with my Mezco One:12s. Absent some special problem cases (like "How tall is Darth Vader actually supposed to be?") I can't remember the last time two figures labeled as 1/6 differed so much as to be incompatible.
    This isn't my photo, but I was surprised by the size difference between two DamToys figures.

Is 1:12 the new 1:6?-9d06f621947be3ad7d14ca740dcc8034-jpg

Collectors like us whether we admit it or not will buy whatever we deem the next greatest must have/own thing since sliced bread.

This is the blunt ****ing fact and truth that has not changed at all. The only thing that changed is there is always new $%^& to buy/collect that we willingly convince ourselves to buy, our bank account gets less, our credit card limit gets used up, and we run out of space to display and store all that $%*& regardless of scale along with many of us being none the wiser, older, and still buying/collecting all this $%&*.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

Some of you believe 1:6 and 1:12 is bad?

There are niche . . . fetish is more like it . . . collectors who collect 1:1 female seamless dolls.

Yes.

No joke.

Yep. All for the obvious reasons and surprisingly there are those who just collect and display them. I kid you not.

How the **** I know? There are online discussion groups like ours for that stuff.

No. I'm not a member because I haven't gone off the ****ing deep end yet.

1/12 are made for hobbyists who don't have enough room for the hobby. Comparing to 1/6, details on 1/12 are miserable and harder to DIY. My opion is that, In time ,1/12 and 1/6 will co-exist and not replaced one another.

I love the 1:12 scale, but I wouldn't want to work with it. Putting on tights on a 1:6 is tedious enough.
    Also, the seams are sometimes abnormally big on 1:6. That'll be worse for 1:12, and I'm not a fan of sculpted clothes.

If they were to release a box set like Painkiller Jane as 1:12 I'd be on that, just because: price and space.
    I do love the Phicen 1:12, which feel and pose exactly like their 1:6 counterparts, except I didn't like the head sculpt of the base figure much. Super Duck's head sculpt doesn't look much better to me. Too doll-like. Wonder whether Arkhalla's head sculpt will look better...
    Already pre-ordered both Phicen 1:12 male bodies and I really like the look of the OSK 1:12 head sculpts. Might have to buy that Punisher...

So I'd say they'll exist side by side. They certainly will on my shelves.
    Last edited by Aeryn; 06-11-2019 at 04:03.

1:12 is a very common scale in the dollhouse world, with a huge choice of scale furniture and accessories.
    "Impossible is just a stage." Chris Hadfield

I have a few 1/12 scale figures, I am interested to see where the price point for these settle at.

Already see future releases reaching the 99.99 and up range..

At these prices probably stick with Mezco, ThreeA etc. Noticed the new German releases coming out?

Regards.

Phicen 1/12th pale texture female with 1/15th Anker Puch G6.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is 1:12 the new 1:6?-img_9381-jpg  

I grew up playing with Gi Joes in the '90s and early '00s. Nothing compares to the enjoyment I got out of those figures. 1/6 till the day I die.

Late to this thread, but it's an interesting topic. As a die-hard pre-Disney era Star Wars fan, I will always prefer either 3.75" or 1/6 scale. To be honest, I rather resent the addition of the 1/12 scale, for a lot of reasons. Despite it's currently huge popularity, it does absolutely nothing for me. The Figuarts stuff is hit and miss when it comes to likenesses, and while the overall quality tends to be fairly good, the figures themselves are kind of under-sized. The Black Series is frustrating. While strides have been made to improve certain aspects, such as the digital printing on the faces, much of the quality on the mass-produced Hasbro figures is still only so-so. They still have that shiny plastic playline quality to the finish, which makes them tough to photograph. If I want a figure with a shiny, all-plastic body with visible joints, I'd rather have the traditional little 3.75" figures which I love so much. Additionally, since I am a fan of a certain time period in the SW 'verse that doesn't get a ton of attention compared to the more recent material [which I loathe], very few of the Black Series figures appeal to me in the first place.

When it comes to non-SW figures in 1/12 scale, I much prefer the types of figures that have a bit more realism and 'real' clothing. But, as Stryker noted, I find most of them really overpriced for what they actually are. Not to mention the clothing often looks wonky at that scale...too bulky. It's hard enough to get fabric to look right at 1/6 scale, ffs. Customizing them in any way is a huge pain in the arse and not worth the time. I tried to customize some figures in that scale over the summer and just gave up after a while as the actual results were simply not worth the time and effort for me personally -- especially not compared to the results I could have gotten from putting the same effort into my 1/6 scale WIPs. So ....ehhh. Since customizing is my biggest focus these days, I'm not super enthused to dive into smaller scales.

If there are any 1/12 figures that I do have a soft spot for atm, it's the recent tbleague ones. But sadly I cannot use them as bases for custom figures to be displayed alongside any of the existing SW figures, as they are wayyyy too tall compared to the Black Series/Figuarts stuff. So that puts a damper on my enthusiasm about purchasing all that many of those, even if I do think they are super cute.

I will also agree that dioramas are immensely easier to do in 1/12 scale, since there is already so much dollhouse stuff around. But the frustrating thing about 1/12.... is that not all figures are consistently scaled! As noted above, there are certain lines that are much smaller and/or larger than others, so it limits inter-brand compatibility. While 1/6 scale is not perfect in that regard either, I find the variation is much less noticeable, unless you're talking about super old, oversized Sideshow stuff, but then those were never really truly 1:6, but were rather '12" figures'.

To sum up, I have given 1/12 a go and found it lacking for my purposes. Others may have different mileage, and it's great if that scale works for some people. But for now I'm happy to continue enjoying my old 3.75" figs, and to focus my customizing energy on 1/6 scale.

1:12 scale will never have the same level of detail as 1:6 so it is difficult to make miniatures look like the real thing. IMO a successful diorama is one in which the audience can't tell the difference between the miniature items and the full-sized ones. This isn't possible in 1:12. I love looking at these tiny miniatures but the illusion of realism isn't there.

1:12 only has two real advantages: it takes up less space, and there are lots of dollhouse accessories available in this scale. When you try putting on clothes and adding accessories to 1:12 figures you'll soon see a major disadvantage to working in this scale. I can't do it. 1:6 is as small as my shaky hands and aging eyesight can handle.
    More of my work can be found at One Sixth Arsenal

Update: Since my posting I have gotten into 1/12 more. I like to learn and see youtubes from TheFwoosh, D amazing, and ShartimusPrime. I have only 3 1/6 figures now and may sell another one off because I am happy with the quality from 1/12 Damtoys and Crazy Figure.

Here's how I rank my 1/12 brands.
    1. Damtoys SAS: I got mine for $65 which is a better value than 3A. Of my listed brands it has the best gun detail with lettering molded in like their 1/6 weapons. Most people probably don't even see the lettering without a magnifying glass. The plastic parts are thin but seem durable leading to realistic proportions. Very poor boot articulation being a solid boot. Dam/VTS/Gangsters Kingdom has some great 1/6 figures which I hope get shrunk down to this scale. Have the Platoon Sheen and Panzer guy too but are very short and small compared to the normal SAS guy. Good value and great quality.
    2. Crazy Figure Grenadier: As close to 1/6th figures; similar to old Toys City line with the molded boots so no foot articulation, but vest has 22 individual grenades in it and hand grenades have printing on them. The molded green packs have a poor hanging hook design that falls off the belt easily. A pricey collectible at $95 but did come with a lot of stuff so am satisfied, but won't buy more until a new theme comes out.
    3. Revoltech: not realistic at all, but Deapool has the best/most insane articulation ever. You can roll him up into a ball as shown. Also have the Wolverine which is less articulate but looks very stylish to me.
    4. Mafex Venom: Low value but good articulation. Hip joints are loose new so had to add glue to add friction; not cool for an $85 figure with no clothes. Will try the brand again since they seem the best balance of articulation vs appearance of the all plastic figures.
    5. SH Figuarts Spidermans, Bruce, and Thor: Overpriced but likeness to movie character faces is good but slightly less than Mezco. Average articulation but could be better if they added bicep swivels to more figures.
    5. Comicave Iron Mans: Technically my Shades camo version has the most precise detailing and paint apps, but since it’s basically a robot this brand isn't of much interest to me. Made of metal so seems a good value. Nice light up features.
    6. Mezco Spock, Popeye, and Harley Quinn: Very much like 1/6 Hot Toys with great licensed characters but inferior detailing of molded accesories. Substandard articulation but clothes make up for it. The bootleg Batman is good value. The rubbery accessories are good for durability but so thick and out of proportion they are very cheap toyish. I think the brand is overpriced for this reason. John Wick will be my last one from these guys for the foreseeable future. I hate Mezco’s huge boxes. Dam and SHF have much smaller packaging and 3A makes tiny boxes.
    7. Coo Model red samurai (Sanada) and Templar Knight: Nice to have historical characters and metal blades, but armor pieces are big rubbery plastic which is durable for play but looks too thick and toyish. Hands are not realistic. Overpriced for substandard quality. In between a toy and collectible to me.
    8. Marvel Legends: clearly toys meant for small kids to not choke on. Still; I ordered a Gamora Vol2, Nebula Vol2, Skurge, Korg, and Grandmaster because the new head printings looks pretty good and they are the cheapest of the bunch.
    9. 3A: I have ~30 of these since it was the first brand I collected in 1/12 when they were $30 each. When they hit $60 I stopped collecting them. Swanky fictional styling, cool clothes, and heavy weathering paint apps are great, but the accessories are very low detail like old Dragon figures and they have only 1 set of hands reused among many figures. Females are comically cool but so slender they are very low on pose-ability.
    10. Figma Little Armory girl; seems to scale but a plastic toy with poor articulation. $60 is overpriced.

Yet to try Soldier Story since I don't like their 1/12 initial offerings, but they were my favorite 1/6 so have high expectations for them to be #1.
    So I still collect 1/6 guns and have 360+ of them but now that a loose 1/6 rifle is $30 on ebay that's 30-50% of a great 1/12 figure or a complete Marvel Legends.
    So my 1/6 guns collecting is dwindling too.
    Also look up HG P802 on youtube and you will discover amazing 1/12 RC trucks.

Last edited by ttakata73; 10-29-2019 at 08:57.

It's great that you are enjoying your figures in that scale, ttakata73. They do look good for what they are, and your display looks awesome!

Thanks also for the breakdown of the various 1/12 brands. I think you illustrate well why this scale is popular with collectors -- the size and somewhat lesser costs makes it easier to collect them in larger amounts. But since my personal focus these days is not so much on collecting, but rather on customization, it's hard for me to relate to the popular interest in 1/12. My own go-to scale for collecting larger amounts of figures in the past was always 3.75" -- this scale is dismissed a lot lately due to it not being as nice to photograph as 1/12, but I personally still find value in them. I think maybe if the 1/12 SW figures had been done in the style of Mezco figures, I'd have been able to understand the draw, but as it is.... other than perhaps kitbashing material from historical and tbleague stuff, there isn't much for me, personally, in 1/12. And even then, purchasing loose 1/12 parts can be nearly as pricey as purchasing the same parts in 1/6, so there isn't even always the money-saving aspect to make it more appealing. I'm happy for people who've found collecting 1/12 gratifying and worth their while, though.
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

No interest at all in this new size range.

I guess I just really resent this idea that it has to be one or the other -- I mean, surely it's obvious by now that these two scales , while they may have some crossover appeal, are nonetheless each their own thing, with various strengths and weaknesses. And therefore, they will appeal to different people depending on what they are looking for, and what their purposes are in either collecting or customizing. Some people may find one more fulfilling than the other, and some may enjoy collecting both. And that's ok. But I don't understand why 1/12 has to be seen as the 'new' anything. Why can't it just be its own thing? Trying to make it seem like a viable -- or even somehow preferable -- 'replacement' for 1/6 only makes me resent it and want to stay away from it, if for no other reason than to prove that claim wrong. ;P
    "The happy ending of the fairy tale, the myth, and the divine comedy of the soul, is to be read,
    not as a contradiction, but as a transcendence of the universal tragedy of man."

If I just started into the figure hobby today, I'm not sure that I would bother with 1/6. 1/12 is the best for game/comic/popculture properties, particularly if you want stylized looks rather than realistic ones. The stuff that Storm Collectibles is putting out for videogame figures is an absolute dream except for the price. The figures really look like their artwork and have fairly clean looks while having loads of articulation. Just a lot of companies with really good taste in designing plastic figures right now. I don't think the clothed stuff looks as good as 1/6, but they're pretty impressive nonetheless.. leaps and bounds better than what ToyBiz or Hasbro used to try, tho the price is also leaps & bounds higher.

1/18, as mentioned above it's great for vehicles and robots these days (though 1/24 may surpass it soon).

1/6, still the king of detail and articulation. If you ignore HT for a second, I do think 1/6 is a better value than many of the pure plastic 1/12 figure lines. Yet I don't think it's the obvious choice for collectors anymore unless you're really, really focused on soldiers or marvel cinematic figures of the highest possible quality.
    http://www.famousfigures.com
    V.I.K.I.: Do you not see the logic of my plan?
    Sonny: Yes, but it just seems too.. heartless.

That's a good assessment, ZombieKev. I think you are right that 1/12 is super appealing for many of those just starting out [ETA: understandably so, as it's very accessible, and thus more inviting. I think the average pop culture fan views 1/6 as simply 'Hot Toys' and thus too expensive for most to afford more than a few choice examples. And I totally get that, as it's how I viewed it at first, too. I wasn't aware at first of the sheer possibility of customizing in 1/6, until I fell headfirst into it.] As a Star Wars person, the Black Series and Figuarts did indeed catch my attention at first, and were somewhat instrumental in getting me back into action figures again. However, after only a short while, I grew very impatient with both those lines due to a) uneven quality [or poor quality on Hasbro's part], b) inconsistency with the likenesses, and c) a lack of my preferred characters when both of these lines were starting out. All of that lead me very quickly into the 1/6 world, for the simple fact that I was absolutely dying to create custom versions of certain characters that did not yet exist in 'high end' format.

Obviously, I realize there is WAY more to the 1/12 world than just those SW figure lines, but my perspective is nonetheless coloured by my personal collecting and customizing focus. I'm trying to think back on how my views on all this formed. I feel like I must be a very 'unusual' collector in that, other than for that very brief moment upon first starting out, 1/12 has just never had a very big appeal to me. Even after it lead me back into Star Wars collecting, I almost immediately shifted back to 3.75" scale to satisfy my collecting urge, since I could just buy loose figures for super cheap, and even the supposedly 'cheap' 6 inch Black Series seemed WAY overpriced for what they were in comparison to that, and did not really offer much above the nostalgic 3.75" in terms of quality. The paint/digital printing has improved on the faces since then, but still.... the actual paint on the figure bodies seemed not much better than a tiny 3.75", so I struggled to see the point.

Since I am not into Marvel or comic book related stuff at all, I honestly didn't even KNOW about the existence of things like Mezco or any of that stuff until I was already deep into 1/6, and by that point, the 1/12 clothed lines, as nice as some of them are, fell short in comparison. And then, after my failed attempt this summer to work with 1/12, I feel even less inclined toward it. The sheer amount of money I threw away on trying to customize a single 1/12 figure, was almost the same, if not more, than what I would have put into a 1/6 custom. Perhaps in future when there are more readily available parts for 1/12 I will be more interested, but I'm honestly not sure. I might be more interested in purchasing a couple nicer items in that scale, but customizing them myself??? No thanks. I already find it hard enough to work in 1/6 scale when it comes to painting, making clothing, accessories, etc., so I highly doubt I'd ever find it more appealing to work in an even tinier and harder to handle scale.

I'm happy in my little 1/6 world for the time being. Maybe someday I'll see the appeal of 1/12, but I'm still waiting for that to happen. :P
    Last edited by skywalkersaga; 11-08-2019 at 03:13.

I was browsing a toy store and took a look at the latest 3.75" Star Wars figs and was quite impressed by the digital face prints. I had no idea they have improved articulation; I just assumed they were like the original figs with solid straight legs. I can see why you collect them now. I hope I won't get sucked into it though; I just don't love SW like when I was a kid. I can foresee in 10 years a Hot Toys quality 3.75" but they would probably need a higher quality of plastic or metal joints to not break at such a small scale; then I would hop on board.

Well, I picked up a few 1:12 Coomodel figures. I am still on the fence if I want to start collecting a new scale.
    The biggest problem I have is the price point. It seems too high for what you get...80+ dollars?
    I just feel I can get better value and realism with a 1/6 figure. Maybe if they can figure out how to lower the cost?
    Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Manny View Post
    Well, I picked up a few 1:12 Coomodel figures. I am still on the fence if I want to start collecting a new scale.
    The biggest problem I have is the price point. It seems too high for what you get...80+ dollars?
    I just feel I can get better value and realism with a 1/6 figure. Maybe if they can figure out how to lower the cost?
    Regards
    That's pretty much EXACTLY my issue as well. It seems that, even as expensive as 1/6 can be, you still get more for your money with 1/6 than compared to with higher-end 1:12 offerings. I don't understand people who seem to view 1:12 as the cheaper option. Maybe if they are only collecting things like Black Series or Marvel Legends, but anything higher-end imo seems rather overpriced when compared directly to the equivalent figures in 1/6.

That said, I did notice VeryCool has some female 1:12 figures coming out for about 60+ usd or so, which seems a bit more reasonable. And I guess tbleague's 1:12 female figures at around 80+ aren't too badly priced either, considering they are on seamless phicen bodies. But in general, many 1:12 figures that go for hundreds on up seem just too high to justify to me. And while I'd like to hope that overall the prices might go down at some point, if anything I'm guessing they will only go up, just like they do in 1/6. :/