Product Review SUPER DUCK SET030 Cosplay A2 (Neir Automata)

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: SUPER DUCK SET030 Cosplay A2 (Neir Automata)

SUPER DUCK SET030 Cosplay A2 (Neir Automata)

I received the Super Duck set030 Cosplay A2 together with a TBL S4B, and only just got it put together.

Firstly, the head sculpt seems somewhat different in features compared to the company's original advertisement. The good thing is that the head tone matches the TBL Pale body exactly, unlike their ad.

The outfit is made out of a 2 piece rubber suit with black fabric backing (does it stain???), the top and the pants. The choice of Super Duck's design seem obvious to solve the fine body hugging details of the A2 outfit. And so, they ended up printing the black details over a matching TBL Pale skin coloured 2 piece rubber suit. I wonder how long this material will last; if it will disintegrate after 5 years???!!!

With the TBL silicon body well covered with talcum powder, it still took me a while to get the outfit on the S4B. For those who are going to attempt this, please take care not to tear the little rubber details at the bottom edging of the top piece. A tiny little corner detail of mine actually tore partly due to my handling, trying to pull the top in place, so I managed to glued the detail back in place with UHU glue.

Because I used the S4B body, it was an effort to get the pants up through the seamless feet. I had to fold the bottom of the pants upwards over the feet/heel to slowly get it all through and carefully. I would recommend using a TBL S10D instead, as the removable feet would save you some trouble, besides the free-standing stability of the figure.

The back of the pants doesn't finish off very seamlessly with the body (it won't go further over the butt and does not hug the shape of the butt either, thus leaving a gap), and so the overlapping of the details between the top and the pants is untidy to me. You can also see the creases of the outfit material which gives it all away. Not very nice!

The shoes are just high heels, which work better with the S10D removable feet. It was a little struggle to get the soft S4B seamless feet heels into these. The rubber pants overlap to cover up any exposed ankles.

The large weapon is rather well detailed with the lion (or demon?) head on both sides of the blade tip.

The HS looks quite good here, I believe, as long as half of her face is covered by her hair! That's my opinion of the sculpt any way.

I've never played Neir Automata, but after watching one Youtube commentary on its design/creation, I was quite impressed by the philosophical aspects that went into the design and story of the game.
    Last edited by martian; 03-23-2019 at 11:16.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: SUPER DUCK SET030 Cosplay A2 (Neir Automata)

Some shots in the morning sun.

Thks for your review!

S04B has a bigger butt...so if the suit can't even fit this body well, i doubt S10D can.

and thank you for the heads up on the tearing possibility when putting on the suit.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

nice
    thanks for your review

My top doesn't even match the skin tone like yours. Mine is grey.
    The promo photos are so nice compared to the actual product. The plastic pants wrinkles ruins the look

My Jiaou Doll ( Pink skin , Large bust ) got stained or left a dark residue immediately from the black cloth lining. I'll see if it can be rubbed off or washed off.

I have not checked the underside of my figure's clothing since setting it up early last year. I'm quite sure it would be black under by now, but this figure setup is permanent for me!...until it falls apart, if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Davedfx View Post
    My top doesn't even match the skin tone like yours. Mine is grey.
    Hmmm, so it seems Super Duck's QC is inconsistant.

Here's a sample of my stain. Just less than one week on my Jiaou Doll pink large bust non-detachable feet version.
    It's the pleather black staining the body.
    The fabric stains just a tiny bit. I had cling wrap on the legs, but the butt seems to be fine so I am guessing the black fabric is not the culprit.
    I took the outfit apart and see what I can add to prevent stains. Still looking for solutions.

Last edited by Davedfx; 03-01-2020 at 14:42.

I bought this at a local physical shop. It's great that they let me check another copy and exchange the top. However, the color was less grey but still did not match the pants skin tone.

In view of your report above, I just checked my A2 and found the same greying of the top of this outfit (see below). I believe this is caused by the black fabric lining, which I should have known better to soak this whole suit in Dylon Colour Run fixer before putting it on the figure!!! As I didn't treat the fabric lining, the black fabric has somehow stained the PU over time, and this is the result.

Davefx, I believe since this was manufactured early in 2019, what you just bought is the same result of what I have, since the production was done then and the staining process had been working into the PU since then till now. Sob! This is Super Duck's doing in choice of material. They should have used a white fabric lining and not black.

Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    In view of your report above, I just checked my A2 and found the same greying of the top of this outfit (see below). I believe this is caused by the black fabric lining, which I should have known better to soak this whole suit in Dylon Colour Run fixer before putting it on the figure!!! As I didn't treat the fabric lining, the black fabric has somehow stained the PU over time, and this is the result.

Davefx, I believe since this was manufactured early in 2019, what you just bought is the same result of what I have, since the production was done then and the staining process had been working into the PU since then till now. Sob! This is Super Duck's doing in choice of material. They should have used a white fabric lining and not black.

Ah i see.. THe chalenges of this hobby. The figures and clothes won't last long.
    dye run fixer safe to use on these pleather ?