What brand is this weapon? Who makes this gun?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: What brand is this weapon? Who makes this gun?

What brand is this weapon? Who makes this gun?

Did a search and couldn't find any thread like this. So I bought this gun loose in a lot off ebay and don't know who makes this. Does anyone know what brand and perhaps boxset this 1911 came from? It seems high quality (but not as good as E&S, SS, Dam) with the usual features; slide moves, hammer cocks, and the silver safety on the left pivots. There is faint ribbing in both spots where the fingers would grip the slide to charge the gun.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: What brand is this weapon? Who makes this gun?

HT Barney Ross from 1st Expendables movie (sequel had inlaid grips)
    Links:
    My Flickr Photostream: 1/6 | PMG
    Trade References

Quote Originally Posted by turkeyshot View Post
    HT Barney Ross from 1st Expendables movie (sequel had inlaid grips)
    fullmetal's Customs:fullmetals
    elfbait's Customs:elbait

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cool guys, thanks for the info. I already had the Expendables 2 Ross pistol but never realized that HT made the first movie.

Random note; I feel HT has fallen behind in quality with the last few guns I got. The Deadshot rifle can't cock the bolt and the scope and front grip don't slide on the rails. Tuxedo Joker's golden AK47 has big mold flash/seam lines and looks weak in general, and this same figure's purple 1911 has very muted/uncrisp clown on the grips. It's nice to get superior gun detail from E&S/MSE, Dam, and SS, but I wish HT would keep up because they have the cool movie licenses and high prices. I don't buy figure sets anymore but would be pretty angry paying over $200 for a HT figure with a low quality gun.

I think the reason HT does not focus as much of their efforts into the accessories or weapons is due to the fact that people focus more on the head and clothing. I know for the HT figures I have bought, I care more for the head likeness. If the weapon is the same as what the character had I am happy. I see it as if the details are covered by the figure holding it, then it doesn't bother me if they aren't as crisp. HT never really made outstanding weapons, to begin with. The old military figures had either over or underscaled weapons.
    Sometimes it takes a good fall to really know where you stand. - Hayley Williams

So I picked up a few more unknown items at a store and I am hoping someone can tell me what boxset they came from. I checked ebay, Davinator's list on Armed Figures, Sixth Scale Weapons Collection - Album on Imgur, and the general internet but came up with nothing.

I think this a Tokarev TT-30 or TT-33 pistol, but doesn't match DiD or DML since the grip has no logo.

This is a nice crisp 1911 but the mold doesn't match any of my others. The hammer is broken off so I want to find another one to buy online.

Pretty simple molded grenades but nice paint confuses me.

I believe that the grenades are Russian from one of Hot Toys MGS figures but I'm not certain.
    Sgt. Markoff: "Keep shooting, you scum! You'll get a chance yet to die with your boots on!"

That 1911 looks like another Hot Toys version, but I can't place it with the red grips. The chunky grip and slide make it look like HT.

I did a bit of searching and the grenades are definitely from an HT MGS3 Snake figure. All of the grenades are of Russian origin. The egg style grenade is a RGD-5 fragmentation grenade and the two cylinder shaped grenades are Drofa grenades. Those come in both flash and gas varieties but I couldn't say for certain which versions these represent. Considering the price of HT figures, it's rather shameful that the grenades are so simplified and don't include pins or pull rings but those are easy details to add using a micro drill bit and jump rings and a bit of fine wire obtained from a craft store or the craft section of a department store. If you look through the pictures at this link you will find a couple with the grenades shown:

Hot Toys : Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - Naked Snake (Sneaking Suit Version) 1/6th scale Collectible Figure
    Sgt. Markoff: "Keep shooting, you scum! You'll get a chance yet to die with your boots on!"

Always nice to know I can count on the collective knowledge of OSW, thanks. Hopefully someone with the Tokarev will chime in later.

The red 1911 is from Gangsters Kingdom GK004, Dam has a horrible website with so many dead links.
    The Gang's Kingdom Spade 4_DAM

I searched through the HT website too and couldn't find the Tokarev. I wish the manufacturers molded in a tiny logo like Lego does on everything they make. The logos could be on unseen surfaces.
    Last edited by ttakata73; 03-17-2019 at 08:59.

Before, when there were only about 3 manufactures of 1/6th military figures, HT, DML, & BBI, all of whom don't produce 1/6th military anymore. HT IMO, for the most part, had the best guns around. Now...they are even in the same league as DAM, SS, and E&S. Way, way down the list as far as weapons are concerned...Way down the list....

Weapon brands are the names and logos of in-game companies that make weapons in Splatoon and Splatoon. Unlike brands for gear, weapons have no effect on brands' abilities.

The Tokarev TT-30 looks to be from the Kingsman: The Secret Service. I think Medicom did a figure, but I could be wrong.
    In life it's not what you want, it's what you get.

The Tokarev TT-30 or TT-33 pistol looks like it is from 4D. Not too sure though, but 4D produces weapons like the one pictured.