What about Phicen 26a and 27b heads?

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: What about Phicen 26a and 27b heads?

What about Phicen 26a and 27b heads?

All my heads seem out of scale when put on these bodies. Any advices? This one seems to fit best but not there yet.
    This one is out of scale.

As well as this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What about Phicen 26a and 27b heads?-37f4f265-b493-463e-bb15-1afd8338779f-jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: What about Phicen 26a and 27b heads?

Very difficult subject!

Normal 1/6 heads are way too large.

Threezero Daenerys fits 27B and 25B (I rebodied her with a 25B, even the costume fits well!)

Kumik heads fit, but have to be repainted to meet the skintone.

I tried Barbie: too large

Disney dolls: look funny but I liked it!

Obitsu or J-Doll (not produced any more, I have a few): Should fit, haven't tried it yet.

Fashion: Barbie fashion fits, but dresses, skirts or trousers are too long, Barbie and other Barbie-sized dolls have longer legs.

Has anyone tried a Mattel Skipper head?

Very difficult subject!

Threezero Daenerys fits 27B and 25B (I rebodied her with a 25B, even the costume fits well!)

Kumik heads fit, but have to be repainted to meet the skintone.

I tried Barbie: too large

Disney dolls: look funny but I liked it!

Obitsu or J-Doll (not produced any more, I have a few): Should fit, haven't tried it yet.

Fashion: Barbie fashion fits, but dresses, skirts or trousers are too long, Barbie and other Barbie-sized dolls have longer legs.

Has anyone tried a Mattel Skipper head?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I think Gubernator said it best on this topic—“The S17-S23 bodies are taller, the S14-25 bodies are in the middle, and the S26-27 bodies are the shortest. The As and Bs in the model number generally refer to pale or suntan skin tone. Since you have one of the most petite bodies, a good head size match would be fairly complicated. With the exception of the occasional jointed or boxed set body, the female bodies that have been most common in this scale tend to be a bit on the taller side (like S17-S23) and they might be the easiest ones to match with a head in terms of proportions.”

The S26-27 bodies are also very narrow in the shoulders. They would have worked ok for a teen body, but then they still have big boobs (so those would have to trimmed down). I ordered a couple (hopefully smaller) heads off eBay that looked like they might work. We’ll see, haven’t gotten them yet. Since the height was right, I was hoping I could use one for Carrie Fisher, but the tiny, child-like frame (boobs aside), make these pretty useless without appropriate sized heads.

Could you post some pictures when you get them?

Quote Originally Posted by traff120 View Post
    Could you post some pictures when you get them?
    Sure.

It's in the nature of things. These bodies are created for teenage figures in 1/6 scale or for very little Asian girls. But there are no loose teenage heads available in 1/6-scale. Or these bodies are out of 1/6 scale and would only fit to 1/7 or 1/8 figures. If you think about a person of short stature in European world or about a kind of dwarf in 1/6 scale the story changes and the "proportional mismatch" of head and body becomes all right.

Well, both of the heads I received are unusable with these bodies. One is WAY too dark, and the other was -- unfortunately -- too darn big. It's advertised as 1/6 scale (and as a child) -- I was going to shave down the bust; but it's actually more like 1/5 scale (it's even larger than a 1/6 scale adult female head). Back to square one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    Well, both of the heads I received are unusable with these bodies. One is WAY too dark, and the other was -- unfortunately -- too darn big. It's advertised as 1/6 scale (and as a child) -- I was going to shave down the bust; but it's actually more like 1/5 scale (it's even larger than a 1/6 scale adult female head). Back to square one.
    bummer

Sadly whitout right heads and correct hands and feet, the S26/S27 bodies are useless.

I have 2 S26A pales coming in as well as 2 heads I hope will work with them. I'll post the moment it comes in. I got a S25B body and found some heads that might work with it. But the neck pens being small will need some filler in the head to add some friction to the ball joint. Currently stuffed some foam into it.

I planned on using plumbers tape on the ball joint but can't find my roll. Lol Might have to go to a supply store and pick a new roll up and see if that'll work.

Well, this is what i did.

What about Phicen 26a and 27b heads?-img_20190110_150802-jpg
    What about Phicen 26a and 27b heads?-img_20190110_150821-jpg
    What about Phicen 26a and 27b heads?-img_20190110_150844-jpg
    What about Phicen 26a and 27b heads?-img_20180823_235800-jpg
    What about Phicen 26a and 27b heads?-img_20180823_232239-jpg

What head is that? Still looks a little big, but not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    What head is that? Still looks a little big, but not bad.
    I believe that is a YMtoys Ying HS like this: YMTOYS 1:6?????? ? ??PHICEN???????? ??-???
    I too think the head looks too big for those bodies.

Ahh, that’s what I thought. I have the brunette version with the single braided pony-tail; ended up putting on a Very Cool Villa body, since they are smaller than TBL, but bigger than these.

Quote Originally Posted by PatriciaLaHag View Post
    Very difficult subject!

oh...how did you refit Daenerys? You are able to put on that attire?

Put a couple heads on the S26A (pale body). For anyone who wants a reference. The YM Toy elf heads really do work well on the body for me. Love them!

S26A HS Villa by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

S26A HS Very Cool Lady Dragon by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

S26A HS ThreeZero Commander Lin by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

S26A HS Phicen by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

S26A HS Phicen Shi by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

S26A HS MH Blood Good by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

S26A HS Mattel SheRa by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

S26A HS Kimi by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

S26A HS Kimi 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

S26A HS Generic by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

S26A HS VMToys Elf Suntan by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

S26A HS VMToys Elf Pale by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

I have a YM head sculpt. The long black hair how did you get yours to hold without the bobblehead issue?

doodlehobby, I think a lot of those heads work well. For those who think the heads are too big, I see a lot of girls whose shoulders are around 2 heads wide. Those are college students, some graduate students. Asian girls have even narrower shoulders than that in general.

For those who watched Babylon 5, look at Delenn's height (5' 6" (1.68 m)) and head/shoulder proportions:
    What about Phicen 26a and 27b heads?-b362a7166b0ec9f40b1cf3ac33caf332-jpg
    Or Summer Glau, who is also 5'6".

Most women I know/see are 5'-5'8" tall, being the Vietnamese wife of a friend of mine even shorter. Go to wikipedia and check average heights even in the US/Europe. The normal phicen 1/6 female body is closer to an Amazon looking for Snu-Snu than reality; I dated a girl who was 5'11" and people would notice that. I also think the heads out there look quite small with the normal size phicen bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Native View Post
    I have a YM head sculpt. The long black hair how did you get yours to hold without the bobblehead issue?
    Put something like tape or even a piece of plastic bag between ball and head. Idea is to fill up the gap.

does anyone know if the Super duck head sculpts are close to the phicen/TBLeague skin tones ? I've been eyeing headsculpt SDH002A and considering an S22A body. However, some of the sited don't provide enough detail. Which current model is semi muscular with medium small bust. any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by xashern View Post
    does anyone know if the Super duck head sculpts are close to the phicen/TBLeague skin tones ? I've been eyeing headsculpt SDH002A and considering an S22A body. However, some of the sited don't provide enough detail. Which current model is semi muscular with medium small bust. any help would be appreciated.
    The recent Superduck sets released from set019 onwards appear to have matching skin tones to TBLeague. As for your query on the SDH002A, you'll have to google around for examples, as this is an older HS release. Superduck's earlier releases mostly did not match the TBLeague skin tone.
    This link shows a match: 1/6 Asia female girl head sculpt brown curls/ black long straight hair SDH002 for 12 inches woman Phicen pale action figure body-in Action & Toy Figures from Toys & Hobbies on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group but it is a old product photo, and I don't know if it is true. Someone might be able to confirm.

As for your query on TBLeague's muscular bodies, checkout this old OSW thread: Need Help With Head Sculpts for Phicen/TBLeague
    There is a post by SpaceBunny11 with the TBL official pic that clearly shows the physical comparisons (most easily googled if you tried).

BTW this is a S26/S27 focused thread.
    Last edited by martian; 05-31-2019 at 09:56.

After trying some other heads (all too large) I fitted the Superduck SDH010 A (Asian with long hair) head to S27B and they matched in both size and colour (tan).
    I would show you a picture but she is at work right now.

What about Phicen 26a and 27b heads?-screen-shot-2019-06-16-7-33-22-pm-jpg

DS Toys D005 works well. I did have to shave the top of the peg that's in the head so it would sit low enough, but that's it.

This is the suntan body with Super Duck SDH10A head. Her face is only reddish because of the flash.
    One advantage of this smaller size is that she fits in a lot of other dolls' outfits : Barbie, Sindy, etc ...).
    (swimsuit and cuffs from China, pearls unknown, furniture from Sindy, shoes from Dusty).

I've got a S25B, and I think the Kimi Toys heads work quite nicely! Here's mine with a KT005 head. The pictures may not do them justice, they look much better IRL. To solve the "bobblehead" problem, I just apply some blu tack on the stem.

What about Phicen 26a and 27b heads?-20200101_200844-jpgHere are some heads I've had good luck fitting on the smaller bods

doodlehobby, Do you know what the number is for that blonde elf head you posted,it's the 12th one down,and do the ear come off? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 47lincsled View Post
    doodlehobby, Do you know what the number is for that blonde elf head you posted,it's the 12th one down,and do the ear come off? Thanks.
    They’re these (and yes, ears are interchangeable with normal ones):

In-Stock 1/6 Scale YMTOYS Elf Replaceable Ears Female Head Sculpt H#Suntan | eBay