Miscellaneous Subject Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads - Page 3

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    These were ordered just after the new year, and then the Coronavirus outbreak in China has turned into a pandemic crisis. Shipping was delayed by 2 weeks, and everything arrived this last week.

As mentioned in another thread, the Jiaou Doll bodies have been updated with steel ball joints for the ankle and the neck joint (although the latter is not consistant, some are still plastic and some are steel).

When changing to the high heeled feet, these have to be forced-in in the correct position, and not in a backward direction. The feet joints have been tightened a lot, so that it does not drop out any more. The hand joints too I hope!

Below is the Fire Girl FG071-D HS which is Pale. The head tone and size matches the TBL S24A Pale body. And barbie outfits are a good fit for this body.

The QI AN TOYS DR-007-A HS is now on the TBL S25B suntan body, instead of the S24A pale body setup earlier.

By-Art is a new brand they recently released their T3, Jason Momoa HS with rooted hair, and now the T5, Scarlet Witch HS with supposedly voice activated lighted red eyes! This one arrived in the post yesterday. Unfortunately, and strangely, there are no instructions provided with this item that I received. I don't know if there was any provided in the 1st place. The HS looks like this:

Batteries that fit into the placement holder in the head are the LR44 (thicker) and the LR54 (thinner). I tried both, and nothing worked! I believe, in view of the Coronavirus crisis in China, Hong Kong, here, in this region and around the world, I have not been able to fine any reviews or instructions on how to light the eyes. The battery just slots in and that's it. (Do I have to tape the battery down?) Or am I using the wrong battery size? Nothing works when I make a noise! How does it work??? I have contacted the seller in Shanghai today, pending his reply.

This HS is a real suntan or Wheat tone that matches the Jiaou Doll BS (Wheat) tone. The neck socket (looks kind of shallow to me at first, but) works perfectly with the Jiaou Doll neck ball joint without any need of any additional support. The scalp is magnetically attached to the face sculpt

Below: Flash photo tonal comparison - Right: T5/JD BS (Wheat), Left: ZC Toys Scarlet Witch head (v2.0) from 2 years ago on JD KT 10D body.

Here is the T5/JD BS (Wheat) combo in costume under more natural/ambient light.

PS. UPDATE - CR1220 is the battery type to be used to light-up the eyes. The light automatically switches off after about 10 sec. The effective range of sound is about 30cm or 12", but responds efficiently at about 10cm or less away. Music played at 3m away has no effect on it.
    Update.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

Hi Martian, thank you for the awesome reference post.

Have you ever tried any Fashion Royalty heads on any bodies? Would be curious to see which you would think would be best and how to fit them on the neck properly.

I've seen some people use FR heads in FR White skintone on Suntan TB League bodies but the coloring is a little off for me. I think FR Cream and Japan work well on the TB League Pale bodies but I am not sure if they would be too big for the S24A, or how to attach the head properly.

Quote Originally Posted by hunnipot85 View Post
    Hi Martian, thank you for the awesome reference post.

Have you ever tried any Fashion Royalty heads on any bodies? Would be curious to see which you would think would be best and how to fit them on the neck properly.

I've seen some people use FR heads in FR White skintone on Suntan TB League bodies but the coloring is a little off for me. I think FR Cream and Japan work well on the TB League Pale bodies but I am not sure if they would be too big for the S24A, or how to attach the head properly.
    No I have not tried kitbashing FR heads. I have been thinking of that recently, and looking at their availability on taobao and ebay. But I do not have any character in mind to create based on those heads, at the moment! They are rather expensive.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Comparing a Jiaou Doll BS Wheat tone (left) to a VeryCool FX02-B (suntan) body tone (right). Slave Leia has shoes on, so they are both actually about the same height.

Further comment on Jiaou Doll TPE is that it is very fragile. It will not take even a slight bent elbow or knee for any long term period of time. Tearing at these joins will certainly happen; experienced here with my Slave Leia, after fixing the previous tears from its sitting/knee bend Jabba's palace scene pose (last Dec 2019 I think) to a normal supported standing pose with slight bent elbow and knee (since then to today). So I can't even have the slightest bent elbow or knee pose! This is terrible!!!

Height wise, compared to the Hot Toys Leias, Jiaou Doll is a little taller.
    Last edited by martian; 04-22-2020 at 01:40.

This is Super Duck set016, the Street fighter, Chun Li, which I had 2 years ago. But I didn't get around to set it up till this weekend. I used the Jiaou Doll KT European body type, although their original promo ad used a TBL S21B. Standing next to that is YMToys YM08-D/TBL S29B Suntan body featured previously.

Thanks to Rectrix for the tip in another thread here on African American female bodies early this month, I managed to purchase 2 Black skin toned Jiaou Dolls from ebay which I never knew was ever manufactured. Previous posts over the last 4 years had various collectors photographs in various websites indicating a rather greyish tone for the Jiaou Doll Black (PS) tone body. DaisyRain who was formally a rep from Jiaou Doll in 2018, was surprised at my question to her if the skin tone was grey instead of black. She did not actually answer my question.

I bought this body from a US seller. From the seller's picture, it seemed like a Jiaou Doll JOQ-10D body (Rectrix's posted photo from the seller: 1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts).

Today, the package arrived and I was pleasantly surprised at how dark the skin tone is!!! The body is actually a JD European body JOQ-9F seamless feet model.

Attached is a Fashionista Barbie head I had previously used on a Threezero Michonne jointed body (shown earlier here). The head is much darker than the JD body tone. I have tried to match other black barbie heads I have at hand, but they are much too light comparatively.
    Last edited by martian; 05-08-2020 at 21:15.

Got the Belet BT015 red hair HS for a custom Mera. The HS actually matches the Jiaou Doll KT tone better than this TBL S23B 'suntan' that it is on. The outfit is from Mattel.

That AA body color tone is nice. I wondered how it would look. Getting a matching head will be a bitch though. Color looks perfect for an Okoye (Black Panther) custom.

Thanks to Rectrix for the tip in another thread here on African American female bodies early this month, I managed to purchase 2 Black skin toned Jiaou Dolls from ebay which I never knew was ever manufactured. Previous posts over the last 4 years had various collectors photographs in various websites indicating a rather greyish tone for the Jiaou Doll Black (PS) tone body. DaisyRain who was formally a rep from Jiaou Doll in 2018, was surprised at my question to her if the skin tone was grey instead of black. She did not actually answer my question.

I bought this body from a US seller. From the seller's picture, it seemed like a Jiaou Doll JOQ-10D body (Rectrix's posted photo from the seller: 1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts).

Today, the package arrived and I was pleasantly surprised at how dark the skin tone is!!! The body is actually a JD European body JOQ-10F seamless feet model.

Attached is a Fashionista Barbie head I had previously used on a Threezero Michonne jointed body (shown earlier here). The head is much darker than the JD body tone. I have tried to match other black barbie heads I have at hand, but they are much too light comparatively.

Is that the stock head on hat super duck Chun Li?

This is Super Duck set016, the Street fighter, Chun Li, which I had 2 years ago. But I didn't get around to set it up till this weekend. I used the Jiaou Doll KT European body type, although their original promo ad used a TBL S21B. Standing next to that is YMToys YM08-D/TBL S29B Suntan body featured previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Is that the stock head on hat super duck Chun Li?
    If I understand you correctly, Yes. This set is straight out of the box from SD set016. If you have it, make sure you treat the black outfit (de-stain it to avoid colour run) before use.

Cool. I was on the fence but I will buy this. Thanks for the pics.

If I understand you correctly, Yes. This set is straight out of the box from SD set016. If you have it, make sure you treat the black outfit (de-stain it to avoid colour run) before use.