Miscellaneous Subject Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads - Page 3

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 113

Thread: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    These were ordered just after the new year, and then the Coronavirus outbreak in China has turned into a pandemic crisis. Shipping was delayed by 2 weeks, and everything arrived this last week.

    As mentioned in another thread, the Jiaou Doll bodies have been updated with steel ball joints for the ankle and the neck joint (although the latter is not consistant, some are still plastic and some are steel).


    When changing to the high heeled feet, these have to be forced-in in the correct position, and not in a backward direction. The feet joints have been tightened a lot, so that it does not drop out any more. The hand joints too I hope!

    Below is the Fire Girl FG071-D HS which is Pale. The head tone and size matches the TBL S24A Pale body. And barbie outfits are a good fit for this body.


    The QI AN TOYS DR-007-A HS is now on the TBL S25B suntan body, instead of the S24A pale body setup earlier.


    By-Art is a new brand they recently released their T3, Jason Momoa HS with rooted hair, and now the T5, Scarlet Witch HS with supposedly voice activated lighted red eyes! This one arrived in the post yesterday. Unfortunately, and strangely, there are no instructions provided with this item that I received. I don't know if there was any provided in the 1st place. The HS looks like this:


    Batteries that fit into the placement holder in the head are the LR44 (thicker) and the LR54 (thinner). I tried both, and nothing worked! I believe, in view of the Coronavirus crisis in China, Hong Kong, here, in this region and around the world, I have not been able to fine any reviews or instructions on how to light the eyes. The battery just slots in and that's it. (Do I have to tape the battery down?) Or am I using the wrong battery size? Nothing works when I make a noise! How does it work??? I have contacted the seller in Shanghai today, pending his reply.

    This HS is a real suntan or Wheat tone that matches the Jiaou Doll BS (Wheat) tone. The neck socket (looks kind of shallow to me at first, but) works perfectly with the Jiaou Doll neck ball joint without any need of any additional support. The scalp is magnetically attached to the face sculpt

    Below: Flash photo tonal comparison - Right: T5/JD BS (Wheat), Left: ZC Toys Scarlet Witch head (v2.0) from 2 years ago on JD KT 10D body.


    Here is the T5/JD BS (Wheat) combo in costume under more natural/ambient light.


    PS. UPDATE - CR1220 is the battery type to be used to light-up the eyes. The light automatically switches off after about 10 sec. The effective range of sound is about 30cm or 12", but responds efficiently at about 10cm or less away. Music played at 3m away has no effect on it.
    Update.

  2. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    19

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Hi Martian, thank you for the awesome reference post.

    Have you ever tried any Fashion Royalty heads on any bodies? Would be curious to see which you would think would be best and how to fit them on the neck properly.

    I've seen some people use FR heads in FR White skintone on Suntan TB League bodies but the coloring is a little off for me. I think FR Cream and Japan work well on the TB League Pale bodies but I am not sure if they would be too big for the S24A, or how to attach the head properly.

  4. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by hunnipot85 View Post
    Hi Martian, thank you for the awesome reference post.

    Have you ever tried any Fashion Royalty heads on any bodies? Would be curious to see which you would think would be best and how to fit them on the neck properly.

    I've seen some people use FR heads in FR White skintone on Suntan TB League bodies but the coloring is a little off for me. I think FR Cream and Japan work well on the TB League Pale bodies but I am not sure if they would be too big for the S24A, or how to attach the head properly.
    No I have not tried kitbashing FR heads. I have been thinking of that recently, and looking at their availability on taobao and ebay. But I do not have any character in mind to create based on those heads, at the moment! They are rather expensive.

  5. Remove Advertisements

    Advertisements
     

  6. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Comparing a Jiaou Doll BS Wheat tone (left) to a VeryCool FX02-B (suntan) body tone (right). Slave Leia has shoes on, so they are both actually about the same height.



    Further comment on Jiaou Doll TPE is that it is very fragile. It will not take even a slight bent elbow or knee for any long term period of time. Tearing at these joins will certainly happen; experienced here with my Slave Leia, after fixing the previous tears from its sitting/knee bend Jabba's palace scene pose (last Dec 2019 I think) to a normal supported standing pose with slight bent elbow and knee (since then to today). So I can't even have the slightest bent elbow or knee pose! This is terrible!!!

    Height wise, compared to the Hot Toys Leias, Jiaou Doll is a little taller.
    Last edited by martian; 04-22-2020 at 02:40.

  7. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    This is Super Duck set016, the Street fighter, Chun Li, which I had 2 years ago. But I didn't get around to set it up till this weekend. I used the Jiaou Doll KT European body type, although their original promo ad used a TBL S21B. Standing next to that is YMToys YM08-D/TBL S29B Suntan body featured previously.



  8. #66
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Thanks to Rectrix for the tip in another thread here on African American female bodies early this month, I managed to purchase 2 Black skin toned Jiaou Dolls from ebay which I never knew was ever manufactured. Previous posts over the last 4 years had various collectors photographs in various websites indicating a rather greyish tone for the Jiaou Doll Black (PS) tone body. DaisyRain who was formally a rep from Jiaou Doll in 2018, was surprised at my question to her if the skin tone was grey instead of black. She did not actually answer my question.

    I bought this body from a US seller. From the seller's picture, it seemed like a Jiaou Doll JOQ-10D body (Rectrix's posted photo from the seller: 1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts).

    Today, the package arrived and I was pleasantly surprised at how dark the skin tone is!!! The body is actually a JD European body JOQ-9F seamless feet model.


    Attached is a Fashionista Barbie head I had previously used on a Threezero Michonne jointed body (shown earlier here). The head is much darker than the JD body tone. I have tried to match other black barbie heads I have at hand, but they are much too light comparatively.
    Last edited by martian; 05-08-2020 at 22:15.

  9. #67
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Got the Belet BT015 red hair HS for a custom Mera. The HS actually matches the Jiaou Doll KT tone better than this TBL S23B 'suntan' that it is on. The outfit is from Mattel.



  10. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    15

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    That AA body color tone is nice. I wondered how it would look. Getting a matching head will be a bitch though. Color looks perfect for an Okoye (Black Panther) custom.

    Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    Thanks to Rectrix for the tip in another thread here on African American female bodies early this month, I managed to purchase 2 Black skin toned Jiaou Dolls from ebay which I never knew was ever manufactured. Previous posts over the last 4 years had various collectors photographs in various websites indicating a rather greyish tone for the Jiaou Doll Black (PS) tone body. DaisyRain who was formally a rep from Jiaou Doll in 2018, was surprised at my question to her if the skin tone was grey instead of black. She did not actually answer my question.

    I bought this body from a US seller. From the seller's picture, it seemed like a Jiaou Doll JOQ-10D body (Rectrix's posted photo from the seller: 1/6 African American female bodies and headsculpts).

    Today, the package arrived and I was pleasantly surprised at how dark the skin tone is!!! The body is actually a JD European body JOQ-10F seamless feet model.


    Attached is a Fashionista Barbie head I had previously used on a Threezero Michonne jointed body (shown earlier here). The head is much darker than the JD body tone. I have tried to match other black barbie heads I have at hand, but they are much too light comparatively.

  11. #69
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    15

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Is that the stock head on hat super duck Chun Li?

    Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    This is Super Duck set016, the Street fighter, Chun Li, which I had 2 years ago. But I didn't get around to set it up till this weekend. I used the Jiaou Doll KT European body type, although their original promo ad used a TBL S21B. Standing next to that is YMToys YM08-D/TBL S29B Suntan body featured previously.



  12. #70
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Is that the stock head on hat super duck Chun Li?
    If I understand you correctly, Yes. This set is straight out of the box from SD set016. If you have it, make sure you treat the black outfit (de-stain it to avoid colour run) before use.

  13. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    15

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Cool. I was on the fence but I will buy this. Thanks for the pics.

    Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    If I understand you correctly, Yes. This set is straight out of the box from SD set016. If you have it, make sure you treat the black outfit (de-stain it to avoid colour run) before use.

  14. #72
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    After over a month of waiting, in view of the COVID19 pandemic, my YMToys YMT029C finally arrived. The HS is advertised as suntan. In hand, it matches the Jiaou Doll KT tone exactly compared to the TBLeague suntan, which is lighter in tone.

    I modified the hair-do, and have matched it here with a TBLeague S17B suntan body mainly because of the physique, which I preferred for this character.


    And with this, my Sailor Scout team is finally complete!
    Last edited by martian; 06-12-2020 at 20:38.

  15. #73
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    I had originally selected this Super Duck SDH015C HS for the above Sailor Moon character because of the long hair, which was perfect for forming the buns for the character. However, in hand, the facial features where not quite what was shown in Super Duck's promo pictures. The face area around the nose/eyes seemed somewhat sunken in, which changed the whole facial structure in profile, which was not represented in the promo pictures. I must say I was rather disappointed initially. So I pulled out an old box of chalk pastels and also portrait colour pencils and decided to try darkening the eyeliner a little.

    I think this got a little closer to the promo picture.



    The HS is pale toned and matches TBL's pale tone body perfectly. Compared to the Jiaou Doll Pink (PM), in-hand, the HS is comparatively greyish and does not really match the PM tone. JD's Natural (YS) is too rich in tone compared to the greyish pale HS.



    And here's one in ambient lighting.

  16. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    400

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Martian, do you still rely on the JD bodies? I mean, because of their skin weakness? I'm tempted to buy one, but reading some of your comments made me re-think about it. Cheers!

  17. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by muscledog View Post
    Martian, do you still rely on the JD bodies? I mean, because of their skin weakness? I'm tempted to buy one, but reading some of your comments made me re-think about it. Cheers!
    Hi Muscledog, I rely on JDs mainly in view of the relevant darker skin tones for the head sculpts selected for the project. Because of the fragility of the TPE, I simply setup the character for display when done, with as little handling as possible. Some minor handling is ok! And no permanent bent elbows or knees for them on the shelf!!!

    They also have longer bellies than the TBLs. Different physique.

    Here's another recent one, a KO Rey Wheat toned HS.

  18. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    It seems these days, Super Duck only produces pale toned head sculpts. Good thing is, there is a constant, and you can't go wrong matching it with a TBL pale body!

    I am referring to the Super Duck Set043 Fairy Elf on the right.
    The other is the Lucifer Elf Queen set which came with a unicorn. The Elf Queen included, I believe, a TBL S10D body that was fully in costume.




    Last edited by martian; 07-04-2020 at 11:09.

  19. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    GAC Toys GC037A Gal Gadot HS arrived today. My intent was to replace Hot Toys version 1 BvS Wonder Woman HS. However...


    I remember reading some promo posts somewhere that the A version was meant to match the Hot Toys body. Well, it does colour wise, but the head size is meant for a normal sized figure and not the Hot Toys Wonder Woman body!!! Hmmmm. I guess it will have to go with a Jioau Doll BS Wheat LB body, which isn't really right physique-wise either.


    The facial likeness of the GAC HS is close, but still not quite there. The tiara is molded as part if the head.

  20. #78
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Very Cool VCF-FX07B head sculpt


    Very Cool VCF-2050 Miranda Kerr head sculpt.


    Both are a match to Jiaou Doll KT toned body.

  21. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    7

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Hi everyone,

    I am a first time collector og the TBLeague dolls and I got myself an S09C body and aKT004 head. I find the head a bit too small for the body.

    Which head is recommended for this body for a better match? Thanks everyone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads-p1000515-jpg   Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads-p1000515a-jpg  
    Last edited by Felixkh; 10-20-2020 at 05:31.

  22. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by Felixkh View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I am a first time collector og the TBLeague dolls and I got myself an S09C body and aKT004 head. I find the head a bit too small for the body.

    Which head is recommended for this body for a better match? Thanks everyone.
    Hi Felixkh, it's strange that your KT004 neck socket is not deep enough to accommodate the TBLeague S/S neck post. It is suppose to fit in perfectly. Could it be that you received a knock-off copy instead of a genuine KimiToys head? The head skin tone seems a little darker than the TBL suntan body too (pls correct me if I am wrong).

    As shown above in an earlier entry, I use a S23B with this HS for a She-Ra character. The TBL neck post are all the same length and are longer than all the other neck posts in other body brands. (As such, majority of head sculpts are designed with deeper neck sockets to accommodate both 'normal' shallow neck posts and TBL's longer neck post.)

    If you require a seamless body, you could try a Jiaou Doll Large bust New Wheat (BS01) toned body which will fit well into your HS neck socket, & match the TBL skin tone. Or if the HS is really a little darker than the TBL body, then the Jiaou Doll KT skin tone will match better.

    Otherwise find a genuine Kimi Toys HS! There are a wide selection of HSs that will work with the S09C body. See my 1st post pic/s.

    PS. Majority of current Head Sculpt manufacturers usually make deep neck sockets to accommodate the TBL neck post. And KimiToys is one of these companies.
    Last edited by martian; 10-21-2020 at 01:28.

  23. #81
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    7

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Hi Martian,

    Thanks for the advise. Will source another HS for this body. I came home and checked the box. It says KIMI Toys KT004. I ordered another head sculpt. Let's see how when the new head comes.
    Last edited by Felixkh; 10-21-2020 at 05:59.

  24. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    12

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    can you post a pic comparing JD KT004 to JD BS to JD BM? and a pic of the HT wonder woman head on each of them.

  25. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    I do not have a JD BS01 body to compare to the KT004, although I have seen collector photos that show that they match. Below is the shot from the very 1st post in this thread showing TBL suntan & KT004 HS, JD KT Euro body with PopToys HS, and JD BS tone body (Slave Leia) - current tone.


    Below snapped specially for you Operatormouse, although you did not say please.
    Left KT004/TBL S23B body, Mid: Kumik 16-21B/JD BM Brown LB body, Right: GACToys GC037A WW (slightly darker tone than HT WW)/JD BS Wheat body. The current JD BS body is much lighter than their 2017 darker Wheat tone (as shown in above pic).



    Sorry I did not pull out HT WW HS because it's all packed and stacked up in storage. However, I have compared HT to JD BS tone before and HT WW head is of a slightly darker tone. Also, the HT WW head is much too large by proporation for any of the JD bodies, as HT WW body is a much larger than the standard off-the-shelf body size.

    That means there are no seamless bodies that will match GACToys GC037A suntan WW head!!! So what was the point of GACToys making it?! Their B version is suppose to match TBL's suntan.
    Last edited by martian; 10-22-2020 at 19:13.

  26. #84
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    7

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    Hi Felixkh, it's strange that your KT004 neck socket is not deep enough to accommodate the TBLeague S/S neck post. It is suppose to fit in perfectly. Could it be that you received a knock-off copy instead of a genuine KimiToys head? The head skin tone seems a little darker than the TBL suntan body too (pls correct me if I am wrong).

    As shown above in an earlier entry, I use a S23B with this HS for a She-Ra character. The TBL neck post are all the same length and are longer than all the other neck posts in other body brands. (As such, majority of head sculpts are designed with deeper neck sockets to accommodate both 'normal' shallow neck posts and TBL's longer neck post.)

    If you require a seamless body, you could try a Jiaou Doll Large bust New Wheat (BS01) toned body which will fit well into your HS neck socket, & match the TBL skin tone. Or if the HS is really a little darker than the TBL body, then the Jiaou Doll KT skin tone will match better.

    Otherwise find a genuine Kimi Toys HS! There are a wide selection of HSs that will work with the S09C body. See my 1st post pic/s.

    PS. Majority of current Head Sculpt manufacturers usually make deep neck sockets to accommodate the TBL neck post. And KimiToys is one of these companies.
    Hi Martian,

    Just to update. New Kimi 005 head arrived yesterday and I managed to get a good fit on the TBLeague S09C body. It is so weird. Waiting for clothing to arrive too.

    Cheers,

    Felix

  27. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by Felixkh View Post
    Hi Martian,

    Just to update. New Kimi 005 head arrived yesterday and I managed to get a good fit on the TBLeague S09C body. It is so weird. Waiting for clothing to arrive too.

    Cheers,

    Felix
    Glad that you've found a matching fit. Congrats!!!

  28. #86
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    7

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    Glad that you've found a matching fit. Congrats!!!
    Thank you. Slowly enjoying the doll. New problem I have is that I bought a lingerie set but one side stocking is not going up fully on a leg. What do I use to pull it up Thanks.

  29. #87
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by Felixkh View Post
    Thank you. Slowly enjoying the doll. New problem I have is that I bought a lingerie set but one side stocking is not going up fully on a leg. What do I use to pull it up Thanks.
    Haha! I got one with the same problem too. I suppose with close examination, unpick the sewing were it went wrong and carefully fix the problem as best as you can.

    I have had no time to work on it!
    Last edited by martian; 11-02-2020 at 18:37.

  30. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    7

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    Quote Originally Posted by martian View Post
    Haha! I got one with the same problem too. I suppose with close examination, unpick the sewing were it went wrong and carefully fix the problem as best as you can.

    I have not had time to work on it!
    Thanks. Will try that.

  31. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    This is the latest haul during the 11.11 sale! The new Jiaou Doll Asian JO-Q05B-BS body, a Jiaou Doll 10C body, TBL S33B suntan, YMToys YMT029E head, Knock-off Tariah head.



    The new JD Asian shape Q05B body is slightly more slender at the sides of the chest and from the side view (below), has much slender thighs, compared to the JD 10C body. Also shown above, the JD 2020 KT tone is lighter than the 2019 KT body.


    The JD BS Wheat tone has once again changed. It is even lighter than the 2018 version which is darker and a little yellowish, while the 2017 version (shown in my very 1st post above) is darker still and more reddish in tone.


    The TBL suntan tone has also changed, confirming what others have reported around this mid-year. The new TBL suntan S33B (right) is lighter than the 2019 version.

    The YMToys YMT029E HS is warmer than the TBL suntan and matches the JD KT tone best. While the KO Tariah head matches better with the TBL suntan. The VC-2050 Kerr HS works better with the 2019 JD KT to me, compared to the new lighter 2020 KT tone



    Overall, all these body tone standards seem to be getting lighter and lighter.
    Last edited by martian; 11-27-2020 at 23:50.

  32. #90
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    784

    Re: Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads

    I snapped these to compare the tonal changes of TBL's 'suntan' and Jiaou Doll's BS (Wheat) tone production over the last few years.

    Here is TBL's 'suntan' toned bodies.

    I'm guessing that the subtle tonal differences could be partly due to batch production colour variations, which happens in the batch colour manufacturing process. But the latest TBL 33B body is certainly a little lighter than the rest of the suntan tones.

    Jiaou Dolls Wheat (BS) tone has also changed over the last few years.

    So much so that I there is no longer any body tone that will match the GAC Toys GC037A Wonder Woman and ACPlay ATX015 Slave Leia head sculpts today. The closest match to the Wonder Woman HS is the 2017 Jiaou Doll BS tone, which is no longer available.


    PS. I personally think the new Jiaou Doll JO-Q05B body has really improved the look of the shoulders and upper arm muscular quality, as it looks more realistic. I hope that in the next round of improvements, Jiaou Doll will apply this more realistic muscular quality to their 10C and 10D models.
    Last edited by martian; 12-05-2020 at 04:07. Reason: Further comments on new JD JO-Q05B body.

Similar Threads

  1. Misc | Story about Phicen/ TB League Brand. (and Jiaou)
    By lawlaw91 in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-20-2018, 02:24
  2. Very Cool, TBLeague, Jiaou dimensions
    By lyingbastard in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2018, 22:29
  3. Very Cool Villa on Phicen/Tbleague Body
    By Adeno in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-05-2018, 11:58
  4. Jiaou doll 1/6 female body
    By daisyrain in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2016, 05:55
  5. Colour matching hands to an AM body
    By Nick England in forum Sixth Scale Action Figure News, Reviews, & Discussion.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-24-2012, 09:11

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Cross Brand Colour Matching - TBLeague, Jiaou Doll, Very Cool, Kumik & Heads
[X]