1/6 German FJ M38 helmet. My version.

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: 1/6 German FJ M38 helmet. My version.

1/6 German FJ M38 helmet. My version.

My custom made variant of FJ M38 helmet. Liner not ready yet. Will be later.
    [/url]

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: 1/6 German FJ M38 helmet. My version.

Well Well Well this is fantastic news. Ive been waiting for this for quite some time. The shell looks very nice. If the liner is done this good then this will really be a nice option for some of us that are Fallschirmjager fans. You will be offering the M38 on your site?

Quote Originally Posted by MP 38 View Post
    Well Well Well this is fantastic news. Ive been waiting for this for quite some time. The shell looks very nice. If the liner is done this good then this will really be a nice option for some of us that are Fallschirmjager fans. You will be offering the M38 on your site?
    Shell available for order. Liner will be later. First time may be used DML liner.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Is the liner going to be the version that was produced with the M38 that had the buckle and strap that was used in operation Merkur/Crete?

Is the liner going to be the version that was produced with the M38 that had the buckle and strap that was used in operation Merkur/Crete?
    Buckle will be like here.

That is exactly the strap,buckle and liner that I would like to see with this helmet. I will definitely be making a purchase. Thanks.

awesome!

Miguel

(3/14) (6/14) (4/15) (2/16) (7/16) (1/17) (3/17)

How do i go about getting a few of these

Quote Originally Posted by Dave200278 View Post
    How do i go about getting a few of these
    PM me.

are these scanned from an original or reproduction helmet

I was wondering that same thing Dave. Also how long until the liners are available as I really want a matched set when I order this?

Don't know how you made it -- looks like you made the mould and then poured the resin -- but it looks great. You should hide your logo on it somewhere that will covered by the straps so people know when they see it that it is a quality product.

got my three helmets today and I must say I was a bit disappointed in the shape, I compared them with pictures of real ones and the front seems a little bit too high like frankensteins forehead and the left side of the helmet is the right shape whereas the right side was slightly higher and almost circular and lastly the rim was not completely straight with the resin having gaps in places, shame really because I was really looking forward to getting these, I would post pictures but I don't have the fascility to do so, I don't think that they can be rectified without totally ruining the complete shape

uhh oh. This is very disappointing to hear. Thanks for the heads up Dave.

I guess with the comments in a previous post I am reluctant to waste my money on an item that has flaws like this.

Please forgive me for delay with answer. I have troubles with access to OSW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave200278 View Post
    are these scanned from an original or reproduction helmet
    From Deepeeka repro

So don't you have an answer for the craftsmanship on these helmets that has been brought to your attention? You stand to lose some sales if you are unable to correct these mistakes.

So don't you have an answer for the craftsmanship on these helmets that has been brought to your attention? You stand to lose some sales if you are unable to correct these mistakes.
    He received just only what he has seen on the photos. I proffered him to refund money if he ready to return purchase. I'll refund all shipping expenses too. I still have not received any response from him.

First attempt of assembling M38 helmet liner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1/6 German FJ M38 helmet. My version.-img_2784-jpg   1/6 German FJ M38 helmet. My version.-img_2781-jpg   1/6 German FJ M38 helmet. My version.-img_2774-jpg   1/6 German FJ M38 helmet. My version.-img_2772-jpg   1/6 German FJ M38 helmet. My version.-img_2769-jpg   1/6 German FJ M38 helmet. My version.-img_2745-jpg  

the liner/straps look really good, the only critical observation i would make is that it would look morer reakistic if the two parts of the buckle were placed at a slight angle to each other rather than straight/parallel. a small detail, but one which would make a big difference. how much would you charge for just the liner/strap/buckle set? this is something badly needed for fj collectors, even if just to add to other helmets, if you would sell the liner separately.

cheers,
    rob

Quote Originally Posted by quakerparrot67 View Post
    the liner/straps look really good, the only critical observation i would make is that it would look morer reakistic if the two parts of the buckle were placed at a slight angle to each other rather than straight/parallel. a small detail, but one which would make a big difference. how much would you charge for just the liner/strap/buckle set? this is something badly needed for fj collectors, even if just to add to other helmets, if you would sell the liner separately.

cheers,
    rob
    As you may see on the photo above the buckle casted as solid but it's possible to bend it slightly for more realistic look.
    Straps will be more accurate because I am going to cut it on laser plotter.
    Soon I'll show commercial variant.

another thing that i've been looking for a long time in the hobby is realistic, scale (non-functional) male/female snap-fastener sets, like to go around the skirt of f/j smocks and other places where unfastened snaps would show. would you be interested in making something like this? i wouild be in the market for at least 100 or so sets, depending on price. also, would you be willing to cast also 2-piece buckles? sorry to be a bother, just feeling some motivation to finish some figs and you are doing good, needed work.

cheers,
    rob

Quote Originally Posted by quakerparrot67 View Post
    another thing that i've been looking for a long time in the hobby is realistic, scale (non-functional) male/female snap-fastener sets, like to go around the skirt of f/j smocks and other places where unfastened snaps would show. would you be interested in making something like this? i wouild be in the market for at least 100 or so sets, depending on price. also, would you be willing to cast also 2-piece buckles? sorry to be a bother, just feeling some motivation to finish some figs and you are doing good, needed work.

cheers,
    rob
    I can't make it because I don't have needful technology.

Small upgrade of helmet liner.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1/6 German FJ M38 helmet. My version.-img_3620-jpg   1/6 German FJ M38 helmet. My version.-img_3617-jpg   1/6 German FJ M38 helmet. My version.-img_3616-jpg   1/6 German FJ M38 helmet. My version.-img_3613-jpg