(Science) Fiction, Fantasy, & Adventure The Hobbit Version Of The Witch King/Morgul Lord/Lead Wraith & Followers So Far.

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: The Hobbit Version Of The Witch King/Morgul Lord/Lead Wraith & Followers So Far.

The Hobbit Version Of The Witch King/Morgul Lord/Lead Wraith & Followers So Far.

No fancy outdoors shots this time, weather's terrible and I'm not feeling up to it right now but thought he could use his own thread posed amongst his brethren built so far and compared to his later incarnation of himself in LOTR by Asmus Toys (I had my own custom one but he got recycled into my Medieval War Machine figure). The Wraith in The Hobbit appear as phantoms that disperse into mist when struck with a weapon unlike the LOTR versions that have physical armour, weapons and robes etc.. which is why I have made The Hobbit versions cleaner and brighter as phantoms don't tend to get dirty! I will be making a diorama base for him leaping from a broken column etc.. Like the reference pics of the statue include.

REFERENCE PICS

MY INTERPRETATION

Last edited by shovelchop81; 03-30-2018 at 03:08.
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: The Hobbit Version Of The Witch King/Morgul Lord/Lead Wraith & Followers So

Great job. Mind boggling, considering what you used to make him.

Quote Originally Posted by GubernatorFan View Post
    Great job. Mind boggling, considering what you used to make him.
    Cheers GF!

Only one reply? That sucks even if the forum is collapsing around us!!
    pukingdog: What I like about your build threads, is that they start out like chaotic car wreck footage, which morphs into great figures. Your style is fearless.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by shovelchop81 View Post
    Aragorn and his crew ready to get into the Escalade

Isn't the Escalade a car of some sort?

Yep and I shall let Richard Hammond explain about it
    Jokes apart, to the OP: once you settle down on the poses, have you considered making molds of the wraiths so you can then pour resin versions of them? This way you can make them more ghostly.

Just a thought

LOL! I don't speak Russian(?) but have seen that episode in English of course. Did you just change your name? Anyway... Nice idea and makes me think of the NECA/MacFarlane translucent Predator 12" figure I have and the Toy Biz 6" LOTR Ghost Army King figure and many more they did that articulated too. To be honest it would be just too much work and the figures would be ruined in the process which means it's highly likely the moulds would be as well, a lot of the armour I have built is from fibre card hardened with PVA glue, the weathering is fragile as well since I use real sand and earth mixed with glue and clear acrylic paints. There are a lot of fabric goods on these too which couldn't be moulded and to be honest I like the posability of my 1/6 figures, I don't collect or make statues as the mechanics of the armour is what I love. Funnily enough, the company that made actual statues of a couple of these guys chose to go the non translucent route too when they could have easily done it that way and would have looked better, no idea why they didn't as statues tend to be very fragile anyway especially if they are polystone or resin which these are.
    Just realised I would need at least $400 worth of silicone mould mix and resin mix to try one attempt of each of the 5 so far!

Last edited by shovelchop81; 04-01-2018 at 03:35.

I was blown away by this, congrats, can't imagine the amount of work it took to accomplish something so close to the movie version. I didn't like the hobbit movies very much, but as a tolkien fan, I took some bits of it, like the design for the elves and the nazgul with pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by Sankari View Post
    I was blown away by this, congrats, can't imagine the amount of work it took to accomplish something so close to the movie version. I didn't like the hobbit movies very much, but as a tolkien fan, I took some bits of it, like the design for the elves and the nazgul with pleasure
    Thank you very much Sankari! I loved all the Dwarves, Wish I could make them but I'd need to commission Peter The Painter to do all the sculpts again! He already did them for a customer and they look amazing, infuriatingly he only does one off commissions so there are no casts he could sell me, completely understandable but still frustrating as hell!