Product Announcement SoldierStory 1/6 Medal Of Honor Navy SEAL - "Voodoo" (SS106#) - Page 2

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SoldierStory 1/6 Medal Of Honor Navy SEAL - "Voodoo" (SS106#)

Re: SoldierStory 1/6 Medal Of Honor Navy SEAL - "Voodoo" (SS106#)

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquisher1000 View Post
    Looks pretty cool, and I'm a fan of the game, so I'm interested. He'll look good next to Cal-tek's Preacher.

Voodoo never used an EGLM with his SCAR in the game - not that I'm complaining, it's a cool addition.

If Soldier Story make another figure from Warfighter, I'm hoping they make Mother in AOR2, as he appeared in the Basilan levels:

Otherwise, Dusty from the 2010 game would be good

I'd have to agree on the AOR2 Version. They basically need to take this Voodoo SWAP out the Rifle with some exotic Sniper Rifle or something and change all the AOR1 to AOR2. Give us a new bearded sculpt & boots and it would be a pretty solid release.

Watch this years expo release be exactly what I just said......

While I am on the topic of suggesting Soldier Story to come up with some new things, how about some backpacks? battle belts, fast mags, pistol fast mags, mp7 fast mags (scar-h fast mags), pcu jackets diff colors, sweaters/hoodies. Hopefully we will get some of these items for the upcoming Delta Force figure.
    Rogue Spear World Records - Records:Rank #1: Fastest 8 Kill in 8 Seconds: Most 1 Shot Kills 8/8: Bullets To Kills Ratio w/Pistol 16 Bullets/8Kills:Percentage 100% 8 Bullets 8 Kills

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AdamC View Post
    The official MSRP in China is approximately $155 USD. That translates into a roughly $10-11 premium over other recent preorders from them. In today's market I would say that is reasonable for what is on offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metron_23 View Post
    Currently priced over $200 on Blackopstoys.
    Monkey Depot retails at $199.99 too.

As expected, would reach at $200 level. Probably due to SS at $185 SRP plus licenses?

Is that arm hair?
    caveman no fool!caveman make tool!

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by normantoys View Post
    Monkey Depot retails at $199.99 too.

As expected, would reach at $200 level. Probably due to SS at $185 SRP plus licenses?
    No. Retail pricing gets set by the distributor depending on their local market needs. Usually there is a $20 delta or so over China, but increasingly there is a push to get figures to $200.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by brad ptacek View Post
    Is that arm hair?
    It looks like they are using the 3.0 body with single jointed arms, that one had the painted hair effect on the arms as well.
    Something Wicked This Way Comes Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Solahma View Post
    I'd have to agree on the AOR2 Version. They basically need to take this Voodoo SWAP out the Rifle with some exotic Sniper Rifle or something and change all the AOR1 to AOR2. Give us a new bearded sculpt & boots and it would be a pretty solid release.

Watch this years expo release be exactly what I just said......

While I am on the topic of suggesting Soldier Story to come up with some new things, how about some backpacks? battle belts, fast mags, pistol fast mags, mp7 fast mags (scar-h fast mags), pcu jackets diff colors, sweaters/hoodies. Hopefully we will get some of these items for the upcoming Delta Force figure.
    Agreed, that would be pretty sweet. As much as I love the "Geronimo"-style SEALs, the topic (I thought I'd never say this) has been WAY overdone (see: 3x SS figures, 1x E&S, 2-3x DAM, VHT, etc...). Also, if the never-ending stream of SEAL releases hasn't ended yet, may as well have something different, namely an up-to-date DEVGRU operator:
    - S&S Plate frame
    - Wilsom Combat .308 (since the 417 and SCAR H were ditched)
    - Modded sidearm
    - Multicam/civvy kit

.... or a CANSOFCOM figure with Crye CADPAT, C8, Tyr PICO, P226, 'hawk, and 1st SSF patches.... a guy can dream...
    l

I found a high-res version of the character model, if anyone's interested. Warning: large file.

In two of the profile photos the head and neck appear to be one piece. The parts list, however, states the figure body is an S2.5 and I thought S2.5s have the neck as part of the torso and are only suitable for the neckless headsculpts. Am I missing something? Soldier Story hasn't done a one piece head and neck in ages.

Quote Originally Posted by woodmanduc999s View Post
    In two of the profile photos the head and neck appear to be one piece. The parts list, however, states the figure body is an S2.5 and I thought S2.5s have the neck as part of the torso and are only suitable for the neckless headsculpts. Am I missing something? Soldier Story hasn't done a one piece head and neck in ages.
    the head and neck are separate in the photos.

Another SEAL..........

Really like this figure, but with their recent pricing SS has become the HOT TOYS of MM figures. Not comfortable with spending 200 for a MM figure.....

Soldier Story updated their Facebook page with new product photos back in August.

Also, I'm seeing listings for loose parts from an American eBayer, as well as what look like a couple of in-stock listings, so hopefully Voodoo will be shipping to retailers very soon if not now.

They have shipped from some retailers. If I have time this evening, I'll build it up and post pictures.

I've had Voodoo for a while, but haven't had a chance to open him up and assemble him yet. Here are photos of the box and contents:

I still haven't built mine yet either.

I finally got around to assembling my figure. I decided not to attach every single piece of kit, in an attempt to retain some sort of game-accuracy, so some pieces were deliberately left off.

Straight out of the box.

With holster, personal retention lanyard, leg panel with 40mm grenade pouches, and tomahawk attached to the belt.

The vest. So many PALS straps.

With the vest and gloves on.

Helmet on.

Armed and ready.

With Cal-Tek's Preacher. Preacher has several extras attached, notably Soldier Story Zero Dark Thirty DEVGRU team leader's helmet, radio set, and weapon.

This is only my second modern military figure, and in spite of the laborious assembly of the vest with its numerous PALS strap pouches and the need to put gloves on, I'm overall pretty happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquisher1000 View Post

This is only my second modern military figure, and in spite of the laborious assembly of the vest with its numerous PALS strap pouches and the need to put gloves on, I'm overall pretty happy with it.
    Looks great. Assembly can be quite taxing at times (mentally and, to some extent, physically), but in the end, you get rewarded with a museum-quality piece that few collectibles can rival. Really love that SOG tomahawk, picked up a couple of those loose myself.

I have Preacher and the PITA for me was trying to get his gloves on. I'm sure there's a post somewhere on how to get them on but it was frustrating for me.
    In the fields of observation chance favors only the prepared mind.
    Louis Pasteur

Quote Originally Posted by Elvis2500 View Post
    Looks great. Assembly can be quite taxing at times (mentally and, to some extent, physically), but in the end, you get rewarded with a museum-quality piece that few collectibles can rival. Really love that SOG tomahawk, picked up a couple of those loose myself.
    I know what you mean. It's particularly satisfying having completed assembling such a complex figure, although you also spend time adjusting things here and there for a bit to get them to 'sit' right. Even though you have the product photos as reference, there were quite a few times when I wished there was a manual to show which parts go where.

Quote Originally Posted by Hispanicgamer View Post
    I have Preacher and the PITA for me was trying to get his gloves on. I'm sure there's a post somewhere on how to get them on but it was frustrating for me.
    I know the feeling. These are threads I referenced when putting Voodoo's gloves on:

Putting on gloves is a pain in the you know what!

How to put cloth gloves on??

Best way to put on gloves?

Rolling the glove inside-out and then rolling it over a hand didn't work for me, as I couldn't get the glove's fingers rolled over each individual finger, so I squeezed the hand's thumb in and used force to pull the glove onto the hands once I had the fingers and thumb aligned. For the second glove and hand, I tried wetting the glove before doing this, which seemed to help a bit.

Maybe I didn't put them on correctly, but on both Preacher and Voodoo, there is some excess material at each fingertip where it seemed I couldn't pull the gloves on any further over the hands. This could be the seams on the inside where the gloves were stitched together.