Female Figures Phicen suggestions - Taarna Heavy Metal

Collect. Kitbash. Customize. Community. Showcasing the Best of Sixth Scale Modeling.

Thread: Phicen suggestions - Taarna Heavy Metal

Phicen suggestions - Taarna Heavy Metal

Okay, who thinks it's time Phicen/TBL stops messing around giving us these weak fantasy figures that make no damn sense, and give us the one of our boy hood dreams? Well, mine anyway.

Taarna the Taaarakian from Heavy Metal, whose with me on this one?

Phicen suggestions - Taarna Heavy Metal-heavy-metal-taarna-premium-format-figure-sideshow-300439-04-jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Phicen suggestions - Taarna Heavy Metal-heavy-metal-taarna-premium-format-figure-sideshow-3004391-03-jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Phicen suggestions - Taarna Heavy Metal

The license back story/history is very convoluted.

Sideshow is producing Taarna as a premium format figure/statue last I checked.

Triad Toys considered producing a non-licensed version with some nuances years back before they went under. The estimated price for a production run about 150 to 300 figures was at the time $250.00 USD. It would have been similar to their "Artisan" figures.

The license availability was looked into a couple of years ago. The license is available, but the license owner (last I checked) doesn't want to bother with it/was not interested.

Rumor/speculation comes up on occasion that PHICEN (now TBLeague)/EXECUTIVE REPLICAS maybe working on acquiring the license or have the license as a possible 2018/2019 offering, but it's rumors and speculation thus far.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."
    ~ Arthur Bishop | The Mechanic (2011)

If they did her, they need to avoid the odd color choice that SS went with.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    The license back story/history is very convoluted.

Sideshow is producing Taarna as a premium format figure/statue last I checked.

Triad Toys considered producing a non-licensed version with some nuances years back before they went under. The estimated price for a production run about 150 to 300 figures was at the time $250.00 USD. It would have been similar to their "Artisan" figures.

The license availability was looked into a couple of years ago. The license is available, but the license owner (last I checked) doesn't want to bother with it/was not interested.

Rumor/speculation comes up on occasion that PHICEN (now TBLeague)/EXECUTIVE REPLICAS maybe working on acquiring the license or have the license as a possible 2018/2019 offering, but it's rumors and speculation thus far.
    Go ole' DeltaForceChung, always on the know. Thanks man. I hope they get the license, because I so want one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker2011 View Post
    If they did her, they need to avoid the odd color choice that SS went with.
    --

No kidding.

The Sideshow interpretation is not good.

If it was screen accurate (or as close as possible) from the film, I would have purchased it.

I used to collect a fair number of Sideshow premium format and status offerings up until a few years ago when prices (to me) pretty much doubled and then some along with a curve of design and quality issues.

Some of the offerings are nice, but way overpriced for what is presented.
    "Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment."

I like the Sideshow statue because it addressed some of the issues of "how" as pertaining to the costume......lots of details were added and help explain how that costume works and stays on because let's face it.....it doesn't really make sense. A 100% screen accurate conversion would look rather odd for some parts.

I've been saying for a few years that it makes the most sense that Phicen tackle her. Seems like a win. Hopefully one day they make it happen. Hell, I'd even like to have the Barbarian leader too.

Side note: Making Den from the movie would be the easiest customer EVER. Take one Phicen M34. Use one of the attachments. Find a bald headsculpt. You have Den. Easy peasy.

I agree, I would love to see this produced, and Phicen really would be perfect for it. Loved the original Heavy Metal movie growing up so much. That and Liquid television were real eye openers as far as what could be done with animation, and definitely helped warp me into the man I am today.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
    I like the Sideshow statue because it addressed some of the issues of "how" as pertaining to the costume......lots of details were added and help explain how that costume works and stays on because let's face it.....it doesn't really make sense. A 100% screen accurate conversion would look rather odd for some parts.
    I don’t have a problem with the outfit... It’s the odd skin color that’s driving me nuts. I don’t remember her being anything other than Caucasian with white hair. WTF is up with the pasty blue/white skin tone?

Side note: Making Den from the movie would be the easiest customer EVER. Take one Phicen M34. Use one of the attachments. Find a bald headsculpt. You have Den. Easy peasy.
    --

If I remember correctly, Richard Corben is supposedly not keen on licensing his properties as "toy" offerings.

Den would be very easy to do. His girlfriend would be nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaForceChung View Post
    --

If I remember correctly, Richard Corben is supposedly not keen on licensing his properties as "toy" offerings.

Den would be very easy to do. His girlfriend would be nice too.
    Good lord...the man doesn't want to get paid?! LOL

He'd make a killing! His characters are awesome!

I don’t have a problem with the outfit... It’s the odd skin color that’s driving me nuts. I don’t remember her being anything other than Caucasian with white hair. WTF is up with the pasty blue/white skin tone?
    I think the bluish color is suppose the represent the area/lighting she is in, not so much her actual skin color.

Some people are like that. Bill Waterson, the creator of Calvin & Hobbes said absolutely no merchandise. All that stuff that you see that has been made is unlicensed. Some folks just don’t want to “sell out” or cheapen their work by having it plastered all over the place. It sucks for us, but it’s the way it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewers View Post
    Good lord...the man doesn't want to get paid?! LOL

He'd make a killing! His characters are awesome!
    --

For some, it's not about the money.

Believe it or not.

Whoa...

Talk about a flashback...

I've never seen the movie, but with new tunes (at the time) from Black Sabbath, Blue Oyster Cult AND GRAND FUNK RAILROAD on it, I bought the soundtrack album as soon as it came out.

Phicen suggestions - Taarna Heavy Metal-3020bfcb440633acc6bde29b23ccd0a9-jpg

We now return you to your regularly scheduled discussion on the character.
    __________________________________________________ _____________________
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Some people are like that. Bill Waterson, the creator of Calvin & Hobbes said absolutely no merchandise. All that stuff that you see that has been made is unlicensed. Some folks just don’t want to “sell out” or cheapen their work by having it plastered all over the place. It sucks for us, but it’s the way it is.
    Yeah but the weird distinction, if the above is true, would be that he's not negative on everything. He must have been ok with the existing Sideshow statue, but No to a posable figure because that would be too "toy"?
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbase Alpha Male View Post
    Yeah but the weird distinction, if the above is true, would be that he's not negative on everything. He must have been ok with the existing Sideshow statue, but No to a posable figure because that would be too "toy"?
    --

Well, I don't see why we can't have a 1/6th figure if this really exists (and it's supposed to be real)

http://s3.amazonaws.com/trampt/image...jpg?1406320276

BTW there are a couple of Pterodactyls made (this is one: Animal Planet - 18 inch Jumbo Foam Pterodactyl - Animal Planet - Toys"R"Us) that might be about right scale wise. It might be another matter tho to figure out how to fix a saddle or other riding gear that doesn't look ridiculous.
    The guidance counselor was surprised: “I didn’t even know career aptitude tests had a Super-Villain category.”

I know recently Incendium Online has released a 5in figure of Taarna, along with a Zombie from the B-17 segment from the movie that glows in the dark. Whenever their license is done with for making figures we might see her in 1/6 scale. I for one would love to see her in that scale with real rooted hair, extra hands, her outfit, sword, sheath for the sword, the amulet she carried and as a extra bonus her robe she wore when she arrives in the city's temple.

I would like this in 1/6 scale. I think it would go well on a pale athletic body.

Hey guys.......I'll go ahead and let you know, since I sell Phicen and talk to them frequently, I did learn that Executive Replicas obtained the license for Heavy Metal last year. Supposedly this year they will be revealing Taarna, but last I heard they are still finalizing details on the prototype. So sit tight, she is supposed to be coming soon!

Hey guys.......I'll go ahead and let you know, since I sell Phicen and talk to them frequently, I did learn that Executive Replicas obtained the license for Heavy Metal last year. Supposedly this year they will be revealing Taarna, but last I heard they are still finalizing details on the prototype. So sit tight, she is supposed to be coming soon!
    That’s awesome news, and makes perfect sense. I’m honestly surprised it took them this long.