One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

What's your holy grail in 1/6?

Miscellaneous Subject 
18K views 97 replies 71 participants last post by  SpaceCrawler 
#1 ·
Hi,

just curious what you are attempting to track down without any luck so far.

In other words: What's the rarest item you try to get?

For me it's the SS083 MP7 submachine gun from the 2014 EXPO DEVGRU figure!

#65 ·
For me its the PlayArts Cyborg Ninja (Gray Fox). As a MGS fan, those were the first figures I got into. However by the time I did, the Gray Fox was already considered a holy grail, especially the red version. Anyway, at the time I was younger with a not so good paying job and I was not gonna go from paying $60-$70 per figure to $300+. It wasnt just about money, that was probably the most knocked off figure at the time and watching YT videos, even reputable eBay sellers were selling fakes. Not because they wanted to scam you but just didnt know it was a KO. All that turned me off from trying to get this figure.

5 years later, I long sold my PlayArts MGS collection ebcause I knew it would never be complete. I was in Japan this year and I ran into one for a good price and I passed on it, thinking who cares now. But now I regret it as Im back to 1/6 collecting but only stuff I really like, I dont care about having a complete set, only my favourite characters. So ... I guess till my next trip to HKG or Japan, ill wait because I still dont trust eBay for this figure.

#69 ·
My Anton Chigurh. It's my own custom...but I searched everywhere for so long for this particular Balloonman/YhHa headsculpt, and was very, very lucky to nab one so late into it's run. So that piece is my most prized grail.
And I got it directly from the artist(s) too! (One of their buyers backed out at the last minute and they had it left over). No jacked up scalper/ebay price! :)

Leg Dress shirt Microphone Sleeve Cap

#71 ·
Mine was the executive miniatures Rocketman... is seen the prices soar past my limits... but then a uk retailer had one for basically peanuts. I now have my King of the Rocketmen.
There are still grail figures out there I just haven’t thought about it much recently. ��

#75 ·
2nd season costume Wonder Woman Lynda Carter = I have this one contracted even as we speak. She should be in my hands by the end of April. ;o)
Elvira Mistress of the dark
Janice Rand TOS Star Trek
Uhura TOS Star Trek
Chapel TOS Star Trek
Gorn TOS Star Trek
Yvonne Craig Batgirl 66 Batman
Julie Newmar Catwoman 66 Batman
Space Ghost

I know it seems like a lot of holy grails but, you did ask...

#76 ·
Although not super rare or even well done by todays standards I got the HT Aliens flame thrower, pulse rifle, and tracker for $70 about 5 years ago. I guess I need the giant machine gun that Vasquez and Drake had in Aliens but doubtful I will find one seeing how these figure sets are $750 on ebay now.

#79 ·
Holy Grails Batman!
I have quite a few I would like that I don't have. Some are being worked on but, I have one that I had made for me.

Lynda Carter Wonder Woman. = I have now.
Janice Rand from Classic Star Trek = Working on now
Lt. Uhura Classic Star Trek
Classic Star Trek Gorn
Star Trek Classic crew as seen in The Wrath of Khan movie
Elvira Mistress of the Dark
66 Batgirl
66 Catwoman
66 Joker
66 Riddler
66 Penguin
66 Adam West and Burt Ward out of costume
Blitzway Ghostbusters. = Just too much $$$ 2000?!? that's insane!!!
Hair Nose Head Eye Eye liner
Bookcase Book Cape Thigh Shelf

#89 ·
Update: Bagged both with a bonus. New target:

Soldier Story - USMC 1st battalion 2nd marine expeditionary brigade 1/6

View attachment 405538

1. Soldier Story Zero Dark Thirty-DEVGRU Squadron Team Leader (SS-084) slapping myself for bidding on something else a month ago.
2. DAM-78011 DAMTOYS DEVGRU Operation Neptune Spear "GERONIMO" never knew how great this one was until recently. Years late!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.